• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Despite Harris at fullback, that's not a bad backline considering our injuries. Young and untested, sure, but it definitely has potential.

And a big beefy forward pack. Who knows, they might get front foot ball...

R

randalf8

Despite Harris at fullback, that's not a bad backline considering our injuries. Young and untested, sure, but it definitely has potential.

And a big beefy forward pack. Who knows, they might get front foot ball.

what is this magical thing

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Old blokes crow about it. It's a myth, doesn't exist.

We all know the only way to score tries is forwards setting the ruck on the advantage line and then lining up the four man cut out pass.

D

daz

IMHO Cummins will be a one-cap Wallaby!
Why, you ask, well if his nickname is Honey Badger, it must because he's a biter! Friends of mine once had a racehorse named The Honey Badger, because of his habbit of nipping human body parts!
So Mr Cummins will get a 12-match ban (as per Bulldogs' player, James Graham), and won't be selected again!

I would have overlooked this humourous attempt except the fact that you state this is your "Honest" opinion.

I have been a critic of Nick over the years for his fumble hands and poor positioning, but we have a young man who has worked hard to get into the Wallabies and has shown nothing but excitement and desire to do his province and his country proud.

Happy to be proven wrong, but apart from a dangerous tackle charge in 2010 (2 match ban), as far as I know he is a cleanskin and has an excellent profile on and off the field in Perth.

Apart from saying he is a potential biter, (I have got a dick, so does that make me a potential rapist?), why on earth would you think he is destined to be a 1 cap Wallaby?

Yes, so I am grumpy and over-reacting. Situation normal.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hope Cummins has a good test.

Shipperley has varied between good and decent. He knows his role well, goes looking for work but so far hasn't really provided any penetration. He certainly deserves more test action.

Clearly we are currently decimated by injuries. Getting a few more players capped is good though.

Hopefully by June next year we will have more healthy players and some real competition for back spots.

It would be great if next year we have Ioane, Shipperley, Mitchell, Turner, Tomane, Cummins, Speight, Vuna all realistically competing for a spot on the wing.

We need to get back to a situation where there are plenty of players unlucky to miss out rather than trying to find a good option who is healthy.

M

Moono75

will Cummo decide to shave his head, like a lot of players in recent times (the Schmoo), to mark his promotion into the Wallaby side......will he then be known as the bald badger? Would we like to see a bald badger?........hhhhmmmmm so many places to go with this :oops:

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
I am actually quite excited to see how this team goes. Couple of young guys with a real opportunity to put their hands up and say I belong at this level. Still think it will be close but I think the Wallabies have a good shot.

J

Jiggles

I'm not a fan of it, to be honest especially with a game against them in a couple of weeks. I didn't like Beale & Ioane laughing about after that second test spanking either. It's a poor look.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Have started a thread on this, think it's a great thing.

Please continue this discussion there.

J

Jiggles

Yeah I dunno, If I had have my pants pulled down as many times as Barnes has against the ABs I wouldn't really be interested in getting all that chummy.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Bullocks, doing nothing wrong is not enough hopefully to lock down a Wallaby jersey.

I am happy to see someone given a go who can do more than not make mistakes (I know I am setting myself up to look like a clown if he has a 'mare)

I see Taps in the same way.

On your approach anyone who doesn't do "something special" (whatever that means) should be dropped in favour of someone who's capacity to do "something special" (or even hold his own) at this level is completely unknown: you must be a Wallabies selector with that logic.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I would have overlooked this humourous attempt except the fact that you state this is your "Honest" opinion.

I have been a critic of Nick over the years for his fumble hands and poor positioning, but we have a young man who has worked hard to get into the Wallabies and has shown nothing but excitement and desire to do his province and his country proud.

Happy to be proven wrong, but apart from a dangerous tackle charge in 2010 (2 match ban), as far as I know he is a cleanskin and has an excellent profile on and off the field in Perth.

Apart from saying he is a potential biter, (I have got a dick, so does that make me a potential rapist?), why on earth would you think he is destined to be a 1 cap Wallaby?

Yes, so I am grumpy and over-reacting. Situation normal.

Daz, Daz, Daz, mate, you've gota stop drinking that battery acid, it's making you bitter!

Highlighted script:

1. IMHO = "In my humble opinion".
2. "Apart from saying he's a potential biter": I didn't give him the name "Honey Badger". To be honest, I initially didn't know who posters were referring to, and I know bugger-all about him (had to look up his profile to see which S15 team he played for)!!!
Read more thoroughly my text re the race horse.
3. Read my comment re James Graham.
4. "I am grumpy and over-reacting": No, I don't think you're grumpy, yes I think you are over-reacting!

I hope Nick has a blinder, and I assure you, I'm not harbouring negative thoughts for him or any of the 22 players, (unlike others on this thread). I think we have the best team we could have delivered under the circumstances, and I think not only will they win, but we (the true rugby supporters) will be very proud of them post-match!

You know it makes sense, I'm Mr Doug.

W

Waylon

Harris at 15? I was under the impression he was sketchy under the high ball.

Cummins in action!

That is the gayest thing I have ever seen. This is the reason Australian rugby is getting belted. They are all as soft as sh1te

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Shipperley didn't do much wrong, but he didn't do much special either.

Cummins deserves a chance, he was one of the best wingers in the S15 and then continued his from the SS.

He should bend the line a bit more at least and as we use wingers through traffic on inside balls we need that. We don't give wingers space on the outside to go around sides and this side is set up to go through the middle, not around.

Exactly. Fringe players don't deserve retention - they earn it. Cumins gets a shot - correct play.

Status
Not open for further replies.