• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
IMHO Cummins will be a one-cap Wallaby!
Why, you ask, well if his nickname is Honey Badger, it must because he's a biter! Friends of mine once had a racehorse named The Honey Badger, because of his habbit of nipping human body parts!
So Mr Cummins will get a 12-match ban (as per Bulldogs' player, James Graham), and won't be selected again!
The calibre and depth at 11 and 14 will definitely be a hurdle for Cummins. But if you ask me, he is a force to be reckoned with... Apparently he is one of the strongest in the wallabies squad but I guess great players aren't made in the gym.

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
I beleive Cummins referred to himself as the Honey Badger to reflect his attitude that he will overcome any opposition on the rugby field, take a look at this clip - fantastic commentary......

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On your approach anyone who doesn't do "something special" (whatever that means) should be dropped in favour of someone who's capacity to do "something special" (or even hold his own) at this level is completely unknown: you must be a Wallabies selector with that logic.

or under your theory, you never try someone who may be better because they are completely unknown at this level o_O

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
or under your theory, you never try someone who may be better because they are completely unknown at this level o_O
and under yours you never stop dropping people because they're may be someone better.
Enough: the truth is its a judgment call and our judgments differ.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Daz, Daz, Daz, mate, you've gota stop drinking that battery acid, it's making you bitter!

Highlighted script:

1. IMHO = "In my humble opinion".
2. "Apart from saying he's a potential biter": I didn't give him the name "Honey Badger". To be honest, I initially didn't know who posters were referring to, and I know bugger-all about him (had to look up his profile to see which S15 team he played for)!!!
Read more thoroughly my text re the race horse.
3. Read my comment re James Graham.
4. "I am grumpy and over-reacting": No, I don't think you're grumpy, yes I think you are over-reacting!

I hope Nick has a blinder, and I assure you, I'm not harbouring negative thoughts for him or any of the 22 players, (unlike others on this thread). I think we have the best team we could have delivered under the circumstances, and I think not only will they win, but we (the true rugby supporters) will be very proud of them post-match!

You know it makes sense, I'm Mr Doug.

I think there is a story about him and his family in the courier mail today. Will try and link it. The highlights:

- he had his 25th birthday yesterday
- his father has jumped on a plane to watch him make his debut for the wallabies
- his father won Qld father of the year last month
- his aunt (father's sister) won the last biggest loser
- some say one of his brothers is more talented but had injury issues

Scotty

David Codey (61)
http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/r...nt-against-pumas/story-fn8t8ah6-1226489596084

The pride is coursing through dad Mark, who has caught a rushed Brisbane-Buenos Aires flight to get to the kick-off. Cummins senior was recently named Queensland's Father of the Year for his devotion to raising eight kids, including two with cystic fibrosis, as a single dad.

He also kicked off the rugby bent to the family which flamed in extraordinary circumstances a decade ago. Young
Cummins was just 15 or 16 and still at St Francis College, Crestmead when he answered a call from brother Luke to make up the numbers for the Buccaneers in a Bundaberg club grand final.

"Luke was at five-eighth, another brother Nathan was at No.12, I was outside centre and the old man was prop," Cummins said with relish.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Australia vs New Zealand schools rugby live on foxsports right now. Didn't think it was worth a new thread but some might be interested. Australia off to a good start.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I think there is a story about him and his family in the courier mail today. Will try and link it. The highlights:

- he had his 25th birthday yesterday
- his father has jumped on a plane to watch him make his debut for the wallabies
- his father won Qld father of the year last month
- his aunt (father's sister) won the last biggest loser
- some say one of his brothers is more talented but had injury issues

Didn't know he was a Queensland lad, he'll go all right then! ;-)

Good story.

M

Moono75

The Honey Badger hasn't reached his potential yet. I think he will blossom with exposure to Test rugby and end up being a regular in the Wallabies.

That's my tip......and if you followed my Force tips this year you will know I'm crap at tipping......and I haven't had a beer to cloud my judgement yet. That reminds me....I must go and have a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.