• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

Lee, agree re Taps and McCabe should hold spot - however the backs have NO penetration and have played shithouse for weeks. Maybe a change is the way to go

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Beale stays at 10, then McCabe should be at 15. We don't have anyone else that is able to cover fullback, withstanding Morahan. I suspect that Deans won't be selecting Morahan to play anyway and will only be using him as cover.

We can't drop McCabe. We shouldn't drop McCabe. He bleeds for the gold, and never backs down. Playing at 15 could be a good change for him too. He knows the position well, he has great speed and he will kamikaze into the opposition every kick return. I loved watching him do that for the Brumbies.

I can't remember how good he is under the highball though, but I don't think he is that bad.

Whatever happens, the backline (and whole team) has been totally disrupted, so I don't see the harm in trying some new combos. For that reason, I would like to see Taps get a run.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Lee, agree re Taps and McCabe should hold spot - however the backs have NO penetration and have played shithouse for weeks. Maybe a change is the way to go

Unfortunately, I think the backs lack of penetration stems from ineffective forwards and the coach, but I won't forget the simple errors either.

The reality is the Wallabies will have 3 days to actually prepare and it isn't enough time to warrant a backline reshuffle. Things are going to be hard for the Wallabies as it is, changing existing combinations will just make it harder, especially taking into account the Deans effect.
Deans couldn't get our backs to gel as unit with the 3 weeks before the start of TRC or over the weeks since the start. I wouldn't be holding my breath on him being able to pull it off in 3 days. If the Wallabies were going to go down that path and add self inflicted pain to their injury woes, then a backline of;

9. Phipps 10. Beale 11. Ioane 12. Harris 13. Tapuai 14. Shippers 15. Morahan
with McCabe/Fainga'a and Cummins on the bench.

This way the lack of preparation can be offset with familiarity. Phipps and Beale know each others games and the rest of the backline are well and truly familiar with each other in those positions. Having played outside of Cooper, Beales playing style won't be all that unusual for all the Reds players, so they should be able to combine with Beale relatively easily, even factoring in the Deans effect.

However, no matter what backline we pick, we will only win if our forwards muscle and man up. The Argies will be scenting blood and will be primed for a big game. I feel our injury crisis could become a whole lot worse after this weekend.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
However, no matter what backline we pick, we will only win if our forwards muscle and man up. The Argies will be scenting blood and will be primed for a big game. I feel our injury crisis could become a whole lot worse after this weekend.

This is my real worry also. If our forwards get bashed black and blue, it won't matter what backline we pick.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
i chuckle at the idea that one can conclude that Tapuai is McCabe plus more at test level after Tapuai has played 3 whole minutes of test rugby.

Don't the Canadians count as a test side now? Sure, they aren't up there in the top tier but he played a full game against them & looked fucking fantastic!
However, I don't want to see him thrown to the wolves at this point & can't wait to see him get his chance & make you eat your words on the end of year tour.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
If you go back and check the history of these things you'll find Queensland DID try daylight saving in the early 70s. Due to its proximity to the equator and the resulting abundant hours of sunshine in summer the Queensland Government of the day sensibly abandoned it.

While this may have been the case ( I would have been too young to remember) We also tried it in the early 90's & had a referendum after a one year trial. The answer was no thanks.

W

What2040

I fucking always laugh at "its always the forwards fault" - fuck it - we supposedly have this great backline that has played like shit week in and out. Cooper, Barnes, Beale being the main culprits - Maybe its time for the comb and mirror boys to take a bit of responsibility - the piggies don't shitterly kick the ball, don't let the tries in wide or drop the high ball. It must break their hearts and piss them off !!!!!!!!

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
I fucking always laugh at "its always the forwards fault" - fuck it - we supposedly have this great backline that has played like shit week in and out. Cooper, Barnes, Beale being the main culprits - Maybe its time for the comb and mirror boys to take a bit of responsibility - the piggies don't shitterly kick the ball, don't let the tries in wide or drop the high ball. It must break their hearts and piss them off !!!!!!!!
Been a long while since anyone said we had a great backline. At least a year and a half. Seems like our guys have stood still while a number of other teams have shot past us.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
C'mon you know that old saying...........
The piggies decide the winner.
The backs decide the margin....still works for me

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"Tapuai, Timani, Cummins and Slipper all trained in starting positions in the team's first full session at Rosario. Team named thurs night." Tweeted by Qantas Wallabies

I guess that means, it will be a Beale, Tapuai, Cummins 10 12 13 with McCabe at 15?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm tipping Tapuai at 6, Timani at 13, Cummins at 9 and Slipper at 15.

Surely you would start Cummins at 1 and Timani at 3?

I like the look of Slipper at 15, but it needs to be tempered with Ma'afu at 10. Why Robbie didn't send Ma'afu the SOS over Morahan has me completely stumped.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
See the link from today's SMH below.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...be-wallabies-new-fullback-20121003-26y8g.html

Interesting - looks like Slipper may get nod ahead of Robinson (presumably no more silly buggers with replacements), possibly Timani at 6 in place of Dennis (not too sure about that - thought Dennis has been a pretty solid contributor over the past few games). Guess they are happy with Douglas. Harris possibly to fullback - seems to me that this is not such a bad move - want to try to minimise the level of disruption to the backline if they can, so maintain Phipps, Beale, McCabe, either Tapuia or Fainga'a (would prefer Tapuai) in for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Shipperly and Ioane on the wing (Cummnins on standby for Ioane by the looks of it).

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Wallabies are $2 underdogs to win at the Qld Tab. Bit better than the $1.85 odds on centrebet.

Might have to stop in at the pub on the way home and get on that.

Come on Men in Gold - repay my faith in gold with golden notes

Status
Not open for further replies.