• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fat cats playing future is on the fence - he obviously nowdays does not have the motor to play 80. Is now fairly poor around the field even in 30. The extra prop on the bench may extend his career.
am looking forward to Ryan getting a cap - hopefully this weekend against the Argies
What's the point of him plodding around for 30minutes, when you have Slipper, a far better player at the moment, who can go for 80? It doesn't make sense to me at all, but then again, the Deans factor.

J

Jiggles

I was actually referring to Shipperley,Simmons,Harris etc

So are you saying 3 new players automatically means that the Wallabies are down to the 3rd XV

or are you saying that Deans is such a horrible coach he can't integrate squad members into the match day 22 resulting in a 3rd XV

o_O

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What does etc mean?Anyway it was just a response to what I took as a parochial jibe.
How many Wobs do you think are currently on the injured list?
Or do you only recognise Qlders ?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Re Fatcat, I still don't understand the 30 minute thing. I don't think he has played that badly, certainly not worthy of position 15 in the Ranker that he seems to occupy every week. Our scrum has been solid and his workrate is OK. He isn't the Fatcat of old but he still does the job.

It seems to me that Deans thinks Slipper is a better player but a worse scrummager. So he has Fatcat take the edge off the scrums before putting on Slipper. Not the worst tactic, but shielding Slipper from the scrum will surely do more harm than good in the long term.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There's no doubt that Benny Robinson is not in his greatest form... that being said, in my opinion, he is the only genuine loose head who has proven he can scrummage at international level. If you look at the likes of slipper.. I'd prefer him at TH, Alexander TH. The work rate of our tight forwards is extremely poor at the moment... The ABs have added a whole new dimension to the dogma that the props are only there for the scrums.. with their piggies almost acting as loose forwards... I know it's a cliche but the work rate of the tight forwards is NOW instrumental to the success of any team and I think Ben, Ben and James need to step it up.

W

What2040

I think the workrate of slipper is far and above any of the tighties - only have to watch the bloke

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
If you go back and check the history of these things you'll find Queensland DID try daylight saving in the early 70s. Due to its proximity to the equator and the resulting abundant hours of sunshine in summer the Queensland Government of the day sensibly abandoned it.

Nice to see Queensland awarding life peerages posthumously, and the current government's insisting the legal profession call new silks QCs not SCs. What next? Women banned from public bars? Drinking age raised to 21? Universal suffrage adandoned in favour of the landed gentry? Rugby league supporters shot on sight?

From some of the gibberish being put up in some of the threads in G & G, the last sentence could perhaps be changed to " Rugby supporters shot on sight?"

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Wallabies will be up against it this week. The only way I can see the Wallabies winning, is if they produce a real backs to the wall effort and dig deep. I think the team should sit down and watch Braveheart and Zulu to see what trusting your mates and fighting like demons can accomplish.

Who plays 15 will come to down to whether Beale will be regarded as the kicking replacement for Barnes. If it was me, I would be inclined to go
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Morahan (Although Deans will almost certainly pick Fainga'a)
14. Shipperley
15. Harris

Taps and Cummins on the bench.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Why would you pick Morahan at 13 over Taps or AFaingaa LE? Seems a very strange selection.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
For Me

9 Sheehan
10Beale
11 Digby
12 Taps
13 Cummins
14 Shipperly
15 McCabe

20 Phipps
21 Ant
22 Harris

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I am somewhat surprised at people's reaction to Sheehan. He is an old dog and I get the sentimentality, but putting him in to start ahead of Phipps? I thought Phipps was good in the first half and Sheehan no better than serviceable in the last 20.

O

Ole Two Blue

I am somewhat surprised at people's reaction to Sheehan. He is an old dog and I get the sentimentality, but putting him in to start ahead of Phipps? I thought Phipps was good in the first half and Sheehan no better than serviceable in the last 20.

I'll be the first to admit, I am not a Sheehan fan. I mean, he's older than Jesus, but I think his robustness (is that even a word) will add value, particularly at the start of the match. the Boks showed the world how to bash us at the breakdown, and Sheehan will handle that contest than Phipps. Phipps is a talent, no question, but he needs everything to be absolutely perfect to perform. That won't come this week, atleast for 60 mins. I'd be inclined to start Sheehan, and bring Phipps on with 15 to go when the Argies effectiveness over the ball starts to slow.

My starting backline would be:

9) Sheehan
10) KB (Kurtley Beale)
11) DI
12) Taps
13) Fainga'a
14) Shipperley
15) McCabe

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It is strange granted. I am not a big fan of Fainga'a and having him and McCabe at 12 and 13 probably won't lead to a lot of points. I think Fainga'a is lucky to be in the starting side for the Reds and like the Wallabies, injuries to better players make him an option. At S15 level, Cooper has made Fainga'a look better than he actually is.

I just think Taps would be better at 12 and like you have said previously, Taps hasn't got the runs on the board to replace McCabe and McCabe hasn't done anything wrong to warrant be shifted from 12. All that might change next year, but at the moment, that is the run of play. I think the worst thing for the Wallabies right now would be to play musical chairs with the backline. So we should leave the existing players in the team in their existing positions.

I genuinely believe Morahan has the potential to be a star at 13 and his performance in the Grand Final recently, lends credibility to his potential as a 13, even if it was at Club level. I think Morahan brings the necessary tools and attributes to the table that the Wallabies need to fill the gap at 13, now that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is out. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be disappointed seeing Taps or Cummins at 13, I think both if selected, will be fine, just think Morahan could be a long term solution at 13. Would love to see the Reds run with 12. Taps 13. Morahan 15. Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.