• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
But it came from quick ball that didn't allow the AB defence time to re-set. Something there was almost nothing of on Saturday.

Baby steps here!

Yeah, it was a good team try based on missed tackles and front foot ball. When AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) used to be a dangerous player (until he inexplicably left the 13 jersey, derp).

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
You know just to show the love for Bruce and WJ - if the master coach wanted to pick a big defensive centre without thought about passing the ball who could get over the gain line then statistically the best at it in Oz never even got a look in. He hasn't ever been mentioned. In fact the very qualities that earned him the stats were used to preclude his selection. Come on you know who I mean.

Now I am far from a fan of his play as any examination of my posts will show, but what I want to see is some coherence between the 22 selected and the game plan being played (if we can find one that is).

On a different note I wonder if the bookies will even take money on the ABs this week. They have to be unbackable odds and only a lunatic or a banker formerly employed at Lehman's (and of course using other people's money) would bet on the Wallabies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So the case against BB is his debut game and a game 3 years ago?
Don't forget to mention QC (Quade Cooper)'s last match against them, at the same venue where he was a rabbit in the spotlights.
Nothing is ever black and white.There are definitely shades of grey as to QC (Quade Cooper)'s right to selection for an Auckland test.

It was mainly a reply to the comments that Cooper had done less than Barnes against te ABs which certainly wasn't true.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm sure I did in mentioning Cooper's form in our last 2 wins against them.........

But what part of coopers game against the all blacks in the last couple of years actually makes him an automatical selection against them for so many like yourself? He has delivered as little as Barnes has in terms of getting results.

W

What2040

My prediction for the team will be Hooper coming in as the only change. Gill to the bench. Excuse being that they have ironed out all the handling issues and are better for the run.

JOC (James O'Connor) to take the 10 jersey after the bye week proving Deans will not select Cooper no matter how underdone other players are.

This all makes me a tad angry so i will not continue.

You may be right but FFS changes need to be made otherwise we will get belted bigtime. Some players with the passion to play for Australia, to "die" for the honour of wearing the green and gold. Am just sick of underperforming "superstars" continually getting picked. Superstars are great if they continue to perform otherwise piss them off and give a kid with a dream, the opportunity.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
"give a kid with a dream, the opportunity"

If not handled correctly that dream could become a nightmare, and the poor lad could forever be afraid of the "Dark".

Our track record of bringing young up and coming superstars on in a measured manner is not exactly good.

Contrast with the Darkness and look at how many tests their RWC U20 players of the tournament have played. Admittedly one D Carter has been a roadblock to many of them getting to higher honours.

T

TOCC

Australia struggled to score tries against Wales and we struggled to score the other night.. We survied against Wales because their attack isn't as good as the All Blacks.. But were exposed the other night..

If RD wants to win the Bledisloe, he needs to bring some players who can create tries, this is the only area we may potentially exceed the All Blacks, we cant overpower their forwards, beat them in the kicking game or outmuscle their backs, we need creativity... we need Quade

9. Genia
10. Quade
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

If Mitchell isn't fit enough to play 80mins then piss him off out of the squad.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Australia struggled to score tries against Wales and we struggled to score the other night.. We survied against Wales because their attack isn't as good as the All Blacks.. But were exposed the other night..

If RD wants to win the Bledisloe, he needs to bring some players who can create tries, this is the only area we may potentially exceed the All Blacks, we cant overpower their forwards, beat them in the kicking game or outmuscle their backs, we need creativity. we need Quade

9. Genia
10. Quade
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

That's the backline right there. I doubt Deans will admit the error of his ways, but FFS play QC (Quade Cooper) at 10 and Berrick at 12. You know it makes sense!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
On a different note I wonder if the bookies will even take money on the ABs this week. They have to be unbackable odds and only a lunatic or a banker formerly employed at Lehman's (and of course using other people's money) would bet on the Wallabies.

Latest odds from the TAB

NZ win $1.13
Aus win $5.35
Aus to win 13+ $20

I will be sticking with my normal bet. First stoppage in play penalty against All Blacks.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with this. 2 years ago Michell was probably one of the top 3 wingers in international rugby. To me, you do everything absolutely possible to ensure that this guy back in the team and hope he can show his class (as opposed to finding form which is temporary).

People get pissed off at SBW for apparently having 'no loyalty'......

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

That's my backline too.

If there were no intentions to play him unless in the case of an injury it just shows how hopeless the hypocrites are. Mitchell could have played 80 mins of club rugby and probably in a position where he could be run on this week:mad::mad:

It's just a game, It's just a game, It's just a game, It's just a game, It's just a game. That's better, everything is fine.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just get rid of Deans I can't take it anymore the blokes an egg.
Just play the backs from the 2010 demolition of France, swap JOC (James O'Connor) with Ioane.

1.Robinson 2.TPN 3.Kepu 4.Timani 5.Sharpe 6.Higgers 7.Gill 8.Samo 9.Genia 10.Cooper 11.Ioane 12.Barnes 13.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14.Mitchell 15,Beale.
Res: Moore, Slipper, Simmons, Dennis, Hooper ,Phipps, Fainga'a

Play super rugby combos in the front & back row so they work more as a unit.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Do you honestly think that any of these guys would be a better Test level half-back than Phipps?!?

I understand the thinking but many here have said that if Phipps has to come on due to an injury to Genia then the Wallabies are stuffed. I really don't know if that changes if you put QC (Quade Cooper), Barnes or KB (Kurtley Beale) there...or if it actually makes it worse..

That is really a sign of desperation.
No, they would be no better, but they would be for when shit happens. Just like playing Samo in the backline if needed, he is not first or second pick, but he is useful if you want to play one less back in the reserves.
Using QC (Quade Cooper), Barnes or KB (Kurtley Beale) at a pinch allows for the opposite to happen, you can play an extra forward on the bench and hopefully get some dominance in the ruck.

T

TOCC

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with this. 2 years ago Michell was probably one of the top 3 wingers in international rugby. To me, you do everything absolutely possible to ensure that this guy back in the team and hope he can show his class (as opposed to finding form which is temporary).

People get pissed off at SBW for apparently having 'no loyalty'..

What exactly dont you agree with?

Who cares if he was the best winger 1year ago, if he isnt fit enough to be playing the he isnt fit enough.. Plain and simple, clear cut..

If he is fit enough then he should be starting, if they are concerned about his form or fitness then he should be playing club rugby instead...

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
No, they would be no better, but they would be for when shit happens. Just like playing Samo in the backline if needed, he is not first or second pick, but he is useful if you want to play one less back in the reserves.
Using QC (Quade Cooper), Barnes or KB (Kurtley Beale) at a pinch allows for the opposite to happen, you can play an extra forward on the bench and hopefully get some dominance in the ruck.
We might need more than an extra forward on the bench. I reckon we could play a couple of extra forwards on the field and still not get even a sniff of dominance. Maybe they should introduce some sort of handicap system. After 10 Bledisloes in a row, each subsequent year we get an extra run on player.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just for fun..

15. Morahan
14. Ioane
13. Horne
12. Cooper
11. Mitchell
10. Beale
9. Genia
8. Samo
7. Timani
6. Higginbotham
5. Sharpe
4. Douglas
3. Kepu
2. Moore
1. Slipper

If we aren't going to win, lets at least bash a few heads in the process

Needs more Justin Harrison and Stirling Mortlock then. Harrison was an absolute grub, but god he was good at getting under the skins of the Blacks.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm sure I did in mentioning Cooper's form in our last 2 wins against them...

Yep, did u mention the wins Barnes was a part of, no.
The 2 wins were in Bledisloe dead rubbers and while u can argue the tri nations means something the world cup took that good feeling away.

Neither player is a nightmare or problem for the all blacks and I doubt they lose sleep about either being selected.

Australian selectors need to decide what game plan were playing, ignore form and just pick the players they think they can mould into a winning combination.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would definitely say that Cooper has at least delivered more against them than Barnes so far...

Cooper has been instrumental in 2 wins against the All Blacks at flyhalf, and Barnes in his first performance at flyhalf against them was terrible...

And just putting it out there, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Barnes' last starting match against the All Blacks (which was at 12) goes back to 2009 when we lost against the All Blacks in Auckland and he butchered a try when Australia were looking good in the first half...

George Smith's 100th Slim. He threw a shithouse pass to a wide open George Smith and bombed a certain try.

I want Cooper as he takes the ball to the line and creates opportunities for other players. Barnes just doesn't do that and I would rather see Ant remain at 12 who has had good combination with Cooper in the past. Time to see it at test level.

Barnes can peel oranges but I would have concerns that he will kick them away.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just for fun..

15. Morahan
14. Ioane
13. Horne
12. Cooper
11. Mitchell
10. Beale
9. Genia
8. Samo
7. Timani
6. Higginbotham
5. Sharpe
4. Douglas
3. Kepu
2. Moore
1. Slipper

If we aren't going to win, lets at least bash a few heads in the process

If this is the side that starts I will go uncle chop chop and lop my ears off. May as well pick Campo and Mark Ella while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.