• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Oh and as to the issue of having reserve backs on the bench - I don't really see what was wrong with Mike Harris - he can cover several positions reasonably well and is a pretty damn good option as a place kicker.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Oh and as to the issue of having reserve backs on the bench - I don't really see what was wrong with Mike Harris - he can cover several positions reasonably well and is a pretty damn good option as a place kicker.

He certainly didn't provide much excitement with a camera and a microphone on him.

Talk about dull reactions.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
I will preface this by saying my preferred option is to play both Quade and Barnes.

But what part of coopers game against the all blacks in the last couple of years actually makes him an automatical selection against them for so many like yourself? He has delivered as little as Barnes has in terms of getting results.
Well, he was in the team the last two times we beat them - Hong Kong and Suncorp. Not that I am saying he is the Messiah. Far from it. He was very ordinary at the World Cup - although playing behind a losing pack with seemingly a very kicking oriented game plan. The main advantage I think he brings is a far superior passing game to Barnes. Provided he gives some thought to when to throw them.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

They wanted someone to cover the back 3.

Beale was 10 cover, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was centre cover. Mitchell was to cover them moving

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would definitely say that Cooper has at least delivered more against them than Barnes so far.........

Cooper has been instrumental in 2 wins against the All Blacks at flyhalf, and Barnes in his first performance at flyhalf against them was terrible.........

And just putting it out there, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Barnes' last starting match against the All Blacks (which was at 12) goes back to 2009 when we lost against the All Blacks in Auckland and he butchered a try when Australia were looking good in the first half.........

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I would definitely say that Cooper has at least delivered more against them than Barnes so far...

Cooper has been instrumental in 2 wins against the All Blacks at flyhalf, and Barnes in his first performance at flyhalf against them was terrible...

And just putting it out there, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Barnes' last starting match against the All Blacks (which was at 12) goes back to 2009 when we lost against the All Blacks in Auckland and he butchered a try when Australia were looking good in the first half...
So the case against BB is his debut game and a game 3 years ago?
Don't forget to mention QC (Quade Cooper)'s last match against them, at the same venue where he was a rabbit in the spotlights.
Nothing is ever black and white.There are definitely shades of grey as to QC (Quade Cooper)'s right to selection for an Auckland test.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
And just putting it out there, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Barnes' last starting match against the All Blacks (which was at 12) goes back to 2009 when we lost against the All Blacks in Auckland and he butchered a try when Australia were looking good in the first half...

The game where he scored this try?

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Re Kurtley sorry...missed a key Would think with Cooper in front and a bit of pressure off he could be very dangerous..has been light on match time. Would like to see him go hard early and if he is blowing a bit get him off before he has to stretch for Dagg...can someone tell Robbie...about that wooden thing called a bench.. .Good call on Lucas as reserve BTW guys but is he fit?..in the squad?

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Now that you mention it, yeah. I remember thinking at about the 65 min mark 'has Hansen made any changes?'. I know Retallick came on, but he subbed Mealamu for Hore really late didn't he? I don't think Vito got a run either. Did Hansen go to the 'Robbie school of interchange tactics'?

I think it was more to do with the situation of the game. He wasn't going to swap Carter for Cruden (he wouldn't gain anything defending a narrow lead). A. Smith and K. Mealamu were both playing superb, no reason to bring them off early. He swapped the lock and prop at good times, first scrum after franks came on was a tight head? (poor memory). No need to swap any of the backs. Vito could have come on for Messam but he was playing alright. Thought it was fine.

^^^ Poor defence on that Berrick try video. One dummy and shimmy. Nothing special.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
^^^ Poor defence on that Berrick try video. One dummy and shimmy. Nothing special.
But it came from quick ball that didn't allow the AB defence time to re-set. Something there was almost nothing of on Saturday.

Baby steps here!

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I would like to see more pick and drives next Saturday. It's amazing the tactic of passing the ball to a static forward at first receiver was used so much in Sydney, allowing the AB defence to snuff out any attempts to get front-foot ball.

T

TOCC

Just for fun..

15. Morahan
14. Ioane
13. Horne
12. Cooper
11. Mitchell
10. Beale
9. Genia
8. Samo
7. Timani
6. Higginbotham
5. Sharpe
4. Douglas
3. Kepu
2. Moore
1. Slipper

If we aren't going to win, lets at least bash a few heads in the process

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
My prediction for the team will be Hooper coming in as the only change. Gill to the bench. Excuse being that they have ironed out all the handling issues and are better for the run.

JOC (James O'Connor) to take the 10 jersey after the bye week proving Deans will not select Cooper no matter how underdone other players are.

This all makes me a tad angry so i will not continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.