• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Isn't Beau injured? Or had surgery? I seem to recall something along these lines.

Yeah pretty sure i remember an article stating that he was playing injured but delaying surgery so he could play the season out with the Reds. its why he was only playing like 30min a game

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I will preface this by saying my preferred option is to play both Quade and Barnes.

But what part of coopers game against the all blacks in the last couple of years actually makes him an automatical selection against them for so many like yourself? He has delivered as little as Barnes has in terms of getting results.

Cooper is the number one 10 in Australia.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Cooper is the number one 10 in Australia.

Cooper was the number one ten in Australia in relation to other tens during super rugby 2011.

RWC saw coopers stock as an international ten take a pretty big hit and if wewerea country with depth he probably wouldn't be in the squad at all.

In 2012 I believe LILO displayed the best form of all 10s unfortunately he is injured.

As for cooper 2012, flashes maybe, but he hasn't shown his 2011 form due to injury and after RWC and the few matches before, NZ are going to take pleasure in dismantling him at every opportunity. Watch how badly they isolated and beat the shit out of Pocock on Saturday, it will be double for cooper.

I don't disagree he may be the no1 rated 10 in Australia, but that might not mean he is right for the job of being Australia's number 10.

That said, I have no solution in our current playing squad.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I didn't see them both at 10 against the all blacks. I don't think quite that easy to judge one vs the other.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fuck then both off a signed up this fella

30F93741-14DB-484E-80F7-A182CD199206-17469-000013E31CB1D2B8.jpg

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
A RC is no comparison to a RWC Semi.. QC (Quade Cooper) also played the All Blacks in 2011 in the Tri-Nations and looked good.. The pressure of the RWC is what got to him..

His stupidity in the games of the tri nations towards mccaw created a lot further pressure he wasn't able to handle. The pressure was self inflicted and still exists.

Plus, for the Brisbane match were he looked good he also looked bad in the ther one pre world cup.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I suspect the kiwis would be a little more accepting this time round, particularly if Quade makes an effort to be conciliatory.

As for Cooper's abilities, there is no doubt in my mind he is our most talented flyhalf, the only ingredient required is patience to pick his moments, letting his team mates share the load.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I suspect the kiwis would be a little more accepting this time round, particularly if Quade makes an effort to be conciliatory.

I wouldn't bet on it.
It gives the Eden Park crowd something to get riled up about.

When one attacks a national hero, forgiveness from the public isn't always so forthcoming.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Oh he'd still cop flack, but not to the level he copped last year, not if he does a decent job of being conciliatory.

Ps the kiwis didn't seem to mind the chiefs giving McCaw jib.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
This game is going to be won or lost up front again this Saturday. If we don't generate more quick ball, we are not beating the ABs. With Pocock out, I'm increasingly pessimistic that the Wallabies can compete at the breakdown; we certainly have been ineffective without him. Do I want another fetcher? No, I'm inclined to leave Gill outside the 22 and play the more flexible Hooper, but Pocock is our best player and Saturday now looks a lot tougher now.

Having said that this game is all about fronting up in the collisions and at the breakdown next Sat, I want to say a few words about 10.

Those who advocated for the selection of Barnes at 10 did so because his less off the cuff game gives structure to a team that lacks it, and which a coaching staff has failed to provide. At Test level, when the pressure really comes on from teams like the ABs, QC (Quade Cooper) blows either hot or invariably cold. It can be feast or famine and his performance renders the contribution of the 14 others less significant.

It has been well documented that the Reds play with a definite structure that many here argue allows CQ to flourish. In the Wallabies, he doesn't have that structure to fall back upon and irrespective of his organization skills, his confidence can take a knock and his play is badly affected as we saw in the RWC.

QC (Quade Cooper) and Barnes played effectively together against France but this seems to have been abandoned. Deans wants a hard-straight running 12 it seems, which will also tend to eliminate the possibility of JOC (James O'Connor) playing 12 for the Wallabies under Deans. But I'd like to see QC (Quade Cooper) and Barnes revisited. We have to be more aggressive in attacking the ABs with the rare good ball we do generate, otherwise it will be a mere damage limitation exercise.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

As for Cooper's abilities, there is no doubt in my mind he is our most talented flyhalf, the only ingredient required is patience to pick his moments, letting his team mates share the load.
and Ath he showed a lot more maturity and patience in the few games he played for the Reds on returning from injury. He organised the reds attack and defense and controlled the pace of the game well.
The problem is with this pod alignment and slowing down the ruck ball. If that is what they have been training to do it negates the strength of the Genia-Cooper partnership in that they rely on very fast turnover ball to get across the gain line and open up space behind it.
I cannot believe any team, other than maybe England, would train that way in preparation for a test(s) against the ABs. That is just ridiculous!!!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.