• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yeah from memory there was quite a bit of rotation between 10 and 12 for both of them, with little success. Then the following year after Barnes moved to the Waratahs, Quade's career basically took off!

A bit naive to think that was the only factor in Quade's improvement though, with the change in coaching staff and everything else that happened that year.

I think the first game that Quade swapped with Barnes to play 10 was when we beat the Bulls by a fair bit at home (the year after 'that' game). I spoke to Latho after the game and asked what was the difference and he basically but it down to Cooper. Something like 'plays much flatter' and 'does what the coach/game plan asks'. He wasn't much a fan of Barnes at 10 for much the same reasons most of us state now, and that was over 4 years ago. Talk about slow learners.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No. Must resist. Be mature.

Gee, that would have made it difficult to run.

Dammit!
I typed it out, read it, deleted it, then typed it out again. I just knew someone would take it from there and for that Daz, I thank you. :D

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Why would you want it any other way?

I just hope they aren't limiting it to 8. We might want to bring Kepu back in.

Actually if we bring Kepu back in that will make it 10 if we count Hooper.

Not sure why we don't just play the whole team of Tahs - we all know that combinations are the key to victory.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I just hope they aren't limiting it to 8. We might want to bring Kepu back in.

Actually if we bring Kepu back in that will make it 10 if we count Hooper.

Not sure why we don't just play the whole team of Tahs - we all know that combinations are the key to victory.

agreed, but as an Tahs supporter, I always try to be charitable, some of the other lots have to get a game every so often.

D

daz

I typed it out, read it, deleted it, then typed it out again. I just knew someone would take it from there and for that Daz, I thank you. :D

My pleasure Scoey. I saw a Tosh.0 video in my head when I read your post, and, well, the rest is history.

;)

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Quote:

"Stephen Moore will celebrate becoming Australia’s most capped Test hooker alongside Jeremy Paul by starting in Saturday night’s Test against New Zealand in The Castrol EDGE Rugby Championship.

FFS ARU what's so wrong with saying

"Stephen Moore will equal Jeremy Paul as Australia's most-capped Test Hooker when he starts in Saturday night's Test against.... "

???

(It's time for me to mount my little soapbox on the ARU Media Unit thread again...)

Sorry - back on topic now~

P

Paradox

So the only unforced change to the lineup is Beale with Kepu and TPN injured.

O

Ole Two Blue

when will Australian selectors learn that Alexander is a rubbish scrummager? Particularly at tighthead. The All Black scrum in game 1 just held their own and didnt raise a sweat..............now with Alexander at 3, 20 bucks says they'll turn it at scrum time in game 2.............

Status
Not open for further replies.