• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

Cooper runs his show at a much faster pace meaning Genia will release it faster. It will then be up to the tight 5 fatties to keep up. Moore and Sharpe will be able too, but I have serious doubts on the others.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
All Blacks believe when Richie and Dan are there. they turn to water they're not. Richie adds value just taking the field… Genia needs to be in the refs ear all game telling him what off side Richie is up to and why the Abs aren’t rolling away and slowing down our bloody ball.

If I see Genia run to a maul and stop and stand over it like an Emperor penguin while he works out his next play I'll simply give up on him. He should know before he gets to the next maul. he can see who isn’t in there. the other jokers should be working with him so we can play faster phase ball. Its not that hard. is it? Use it and use it fast or we'll loose the match. simple

Several times in the last game he pointed directly to Messam or McCaw lying on our side and not attempting to roll away and Rolland just ignored him.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Several times in the last game he pointed directly to Messam or McCaw lying on our side and not attempting to roll away and Rolland just ignored him.

Sharpe was called for not releasing the ball right in front of out sticks about 25m out. With Nonu lying on the other side of the ruck Sharpe wasn’t able to place it back nor was genia able to get it out.

M

Muttonbird

I'd say it's a right. It's part of your job to give interviews, especially with Foxsports seeing as they pay your wages.

IMO, he should get fined for not cooperating.

Yep. Hasn't learned anything. A real snub to fans and the bill-payers alike. Petulant, laptop stealing oink at the best of times.

J

Jiggles

Yep. Hasn't learned anything. A real snub to fans and the bill-payers alike. Petulant, laptop stealing oink at the best of times.

If you had been to any of the Reds games over the last however long, you would see that Quade gives a lot to the fans. However I bet you haven't been to any reds games, or any games near you. because despite living in this country, you dont support rugby in this country on any level. You are probably like the large number of kiwi's who come to Australia because their own country offers no economic opportunity. You dust off your old All Blacks jumper once or twice a year for a All Blacks or Crusaders game to boo the Wallabies or what ever Australian provincial team is playing. Unlike Quade, you have given nothing back to rugby in this country, or this country in general, which has given you so much.

Pull your head in.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Wob backline certainly has a waratah tinge to it... a stark warning of things to come, or not come.... (i.e. lack of tries/ points via the backline based on War S15 form)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Look I understand the Waratahs had a shit season. Well it was still better than the Force and Rebels.. but really it's been one season. Last year they made the finals like usual. Same players. Same Wallabies. It's fucking ridiculous to assume it's all the Waratahs in the team that are the reason we're not getting the results. Same players as last year, no complaints then.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Cooper runs his show at a much faster pace meaning Genia will release it faster. It will then be up to the tight 5 fatties to keep up. Moore and Sharpe will be able too, but I have serious doubts on the others.

If cooper is the player he is talked up to be, he will play the game to involve and promote those around them. If he plays it at his own pace and leaves people behind two things will happen.

1) we will lose.
2) he will cause a ton of mistakes.

The guy is playing a team sport and gets ball as a result of the work of others, I'm not sure why so many people think all of a sudden he is capable of doing whatever he wants whenever he wants. His form will depend on those around him as much as himself.

M

Muttonbird

If you had been to any of the Reds games over the last however long, you would see that Quade gives a lot to the fans. However I bet you haven't been to any reds games, or any games near you. because despite living in this country, you dont support rugby in this country on any level. You are probably like the large number of kiwi's who come to Australia because their own country offers no economic opportunity. You dust off your old All Blacks jumper once or twice a year for a All Blacks or Crusaders game to boo the Wallabies or what ever Australian provincial team is playing. Unlike Quade, you have given nothing back to rugby in this country, or this country in general, which has given you so much.

Pull your head in.

I don't live in Australia, never have. I contribute to rugby in my own country thanks very much. QC (Quade Cooper) has the mind of a child and is still just part way through his career emotionally. I hope he opens his mind, looks to the way Sir Richie conducts himself and improves on all fronts.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don't live in Australia, never have. I contribute to rugby in my own country thanks very much. QC (Quade Cooper) has the mind of a child and is still just part way through his career emotionally. I hope he opens his mind, looks to the way Sir Richie conducts himself and improves on all fronts.

Unfair comparison, Richie sees things with a different perspective

cos he is offside ;)

M

Muttonbird

Unfair comparison, Richie sees things with a different perspective

cos he is offside ;)

Haha. Not according to the latest findings. Now David Pocock is assuming the mantle of villain at the tackle and ruck. The difference is Sir Richie breathed the game from birth and continues to live and breathe it. QC (Quade Cooper) and Pocock see the game as a means to a marketing end.

J

Jiggles

If cooper is the player he is talked up to be, he will play the game to involve and promote those around them. If he plays it at his own pace and leaves people behind two things will happen.

1) we will lose.
2) he will cause a ton of mistakes.

The guy is playing a team sport and gets ball as a result of the work of others, I'm not sure why so many people think all of a sudden he is capable of doing whatever he wants whenever he wants. His form will depend on those around him as much as himself.

I think we've established playing slow, waiting for the tight 5 to catch their breaths' doesn't really work.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Haha. Not according to the latest findings. Now David Pocock is assuming the mantle of villain at the tackle and ruck. The difference is Sir Richie breathed the game from birth and continues to live and breathe it. QC (Quade Cooper) and Pocock see the game as a means to a marketing end.

Probably trolling, but wtf?

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Look I understand the Waratahs had a shit season. Well it was still better than the Force and Rebels.. but really it's been one season. Last year they made the finals like usual. Same players. Same Wallabies. It's fucking ridiculous to assume it's all the Waratahs in the team that are the reason we're not getting the results. Same players as last year, no complaints then.

Perennial underperformers and have never looked like winning anything other than the post game boat race.... lets leave last year as is cause the Wob campaign wasn't built on the momentum from the Tahs .... and its not an absurd notion to suspect Soop form is indicative or atleast tempers confidence into test level... This backline looks abit too fragile for me... Hope its an adventurous game...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
All right, everyone had their say?
Let's get back on track talking about the game, rather than making cheap jibes about players as in the past dozen posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.