• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Who's the git on foxsports that seems to have a huge issue with Quade? Players talking to the media is a privilege not a right for reporters. I am guessing his rugby knowledge is limited based on his little digs.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who's the git on foxsports that seems to have a huge issue with Quade? Players talking to the media is a privilege not a right for reporters. I am guessing his rugby knowledge is limited based on his little digs.

Also, what's with the reporter not being able to get a suit that fits him. He looks like a 12 year old in his dads jacket.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I'd say it's a right. It's part of your job to give interviews, especially with Foxsports seeing as they pay your wages.

IMO, he should get fined for not cooperating.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I'd say it's a right. It's part of your job to give interviews, especially with Foxsports seeing as they pay your wages.

IMO, he should get fined for not cooperating.

Pfffft he's under no obligation to give an interview to any media. He's not a captain or part of the leadership group so there's no responsibility for him to speak to the media on the Wallabies behalf.

Both the Wallabies coaches and players did enough talking last week and look where that got them. Time for the Wallaby camp to shut up and get the job done.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I especially like the readers' digest version of history given in that foxsports article that merges the semi and the playoff against Wales.

New Zealand's World Cup-winning coach Graham Henry revealed in his recently released biography that his successful semi-final strategy against Australia centred on targeting Cooper - an already suspect defender lining-up in an unfamiliar position.

The Kiwi-born 24-year-old was already enemy No.1 with the New Zealand players and public, who took exception to a series of alleged cheap shots from Cooper on All Blacks captain Richie McCaw.

After a mistake-riddled first half, Cooper's campaign finished in agony in the second 40 minutes, with a ruptured knee

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If he answers the questions, the media manipulate it into what they want. If he says nothing, the media manipulate it into what they want. Saying nothing (or very little) is a very refreshing change to the pre-RWC hype the guys were spruiking last year. I don't need any sound bites or meaningless quotes from Joe Bloggs, Wallaby, to know that there's a big game on this week. They're not going to say anything of substance anyway. Focus on playing footy and we'll see you in Auckland Quade.

J

Jiggles

If I was a player I would do the same. 9 times out of 10 an innocent comment like - "I think our back-line is clicking really well, and I have confidence in my team mates."

Is turned into a headline like - "WALLABIES RATE THEIR BACK-LINE AS BEST IN THE WORLD. ALL BLACKS USELESS CHICKEN FUCKERS BY COMPARISON."

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
If I was a player I would do the same. 9 times out of 10 an innocent comment like - "I think our back-line is clicking really well, and I have confidence in my team mates."

Is turned into a headline like - "WALLABIES RATE THEIR BACK-LINE AS BEST IN THE WORLD. ALL BLACKS USELESS SHEEP FUCKERS BY COMPARISON."

Good on Cooper for sending those entitled fluff bunnies called 'Journalists' a message.

Fixed

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ironically giving a short quick-fire response like that will probably create more headlines than the usually trotted out "we're really up for this one" etc. As evident in the Hun's above headline.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
621117-quade-cooper.jpg

let the eyes tell the story Quaide ..you go get em son

J

Jiggles

The difference is that this headline is more about journos feeling upset Cooper wouldn't give them the time of day, rather than giving the ABs amo with the usual head line of "McCAW IS A WEAKNESS AND WILL BE TARGETED. HE ALSO LIKES TO PUT LITTLE KIDS AND PUPPIES IN SACKS AND BEAT THEM WITH A BIG BROWN STICK"

L

Linebacker_41

Is this Cooper's (or should I say Khoda's) way of saying "I am not going to promote the Wallabies until I get the top up that I want" ??

Has a very strong Mundine flavour to it.

I wouldnt be surprised to hear that he was forced to do the interview by the ARU with someone saying that it is part of his contract, only for Cooper to go follow up with the 6-second "interview done" response.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
anyone checking twitter? has SBW given any 'choice bro' comments to QC (Quade Cooper) for his selection....just quietly, that crap really drives me nuts

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
"McCAW IS A WEAKNESS AND WILL BE TARGETED. HE ALSO LIKES TO PUT LITTLE KIDS AND PUPPIES IN SACKS AND BEAT THEM WITH A BIG BROWN STICK"

This is pure speculation, you can't peddle this rubbish as fact! According to a well known fairfax rugby journalist known as "Backed up public toilet" the stick is light brown.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
anyone checking twitter? has SBW given any 'choice bro' comments to QC (Quade Cooper) for his selection..just quietly, that crap really drives me nuts

Anyone see the reply he gave to the Chiefs signing Crosswell "why.. tell him to run it straight"

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
All Blacks believe when Richie and Dan are there... they turn to water they're not... Richie adds value just taking the field… Genia needs to be in the refs ear all game telling him what off side Richie is up to and why the Abs aren’t rolling away and slowing down our bloody ball...

If I see Genia run to a maul and stop and stand over it like an Emperor penguin while he works out his next play I'll simply give up on him... He should know before he gets to the next maul... he can see who isn’t in there... the other jokers should be working with him so we can play faster phase ball... Its not that hard... is it? Use it and use it fast or we'll loose the match... simple

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
All Blacks believe when Richie and Dan are there. they turn to water they're not. Richie adds value just taking the field… Genia needs to be in the refs ear all game telling him what off side Richie is up to and why the Abs aren’t rolling away and slowing down our bloody ball.

If I see Genia run to a maul and stop and stand over it like an Emperor penguin while he works out his next play I'll simply give up on him. He should know before he gets to the next maul. he can see who isn’t in there. the other jokers should be working with him so we can play faster phase ball. Its not that hard. is it? Use it and use it fast or we'll loose the match. simple

Tell his runners, if he is in a side not realigning quickly enough to give him options, how is it his fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.