• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Eh, because Moore hasn't won a lot of games against them in a team sport we should replace him with a lesser player?

What?

Moore may be a superior player head to head, but is he a superior player than his opposite and your right, does he in a team environment knowing his track record for trying to overrule his captain and the fact he was overlooked for leadership in Canberra translate into what the wallabies need.

Honestly slim, had enough of it. As I said, either player is world class. But you need to respect both players, hookerisnt a weakness for the wallabys and we should be thankful for that. I don't care who starts, I want both to get at least 30 minutes and in my opinion TpN is better for the softening up period while Moore is better in the home stretch with his better running game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moore may be a superior player head to head, but is he a superior player than his opposite and your right, does he in a team environment knowing his track record for trying to overrule his captain and the fact he was overlooked for leadership in Canberra translate into what the wallabies need.

What a stretch.........

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah perhaps my memory was influenced by their time together at the Reds. Unfair on all parties to go back that far I guess.

At the Reds for some time at least didn't we play Berrick at 10 and Cooper at 12 also? I know Quade played 12 for some time but I can't remember who was inside him.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
At the Reds for some time at least didn't we play Berrick at 10 and Cooper at 12 also? I know Quade played 12 for some time but I can't remember who was inside him.
Yeah from memory there was quite a bit of rotation between 10 and 12 for both of them, with little success. Then the following year after Barnes moved to the Waratahs, Quade's career basically took off!

A bit naive to think that was the only factor in Quade's improvement though, with the change in coaching staff and everything else that happened that year.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Huh?
Kearns, campo, link, Kafe, eales, foley & even Marto for all his anti Tahs have backed up that point of view, not sure what's funny about a player having a great ability at something. Would have tout that was a good thing to be utilized.

As I've said a million times, isn't a whole lot between TPN and Moore. Happy with either to play but I think a few people need to give TPN a bit more respect, Moore hasn't Won a lot of games in his position against the all blacks over the last few years.

I have said a millions timem Moore is a better player. And ther is a few that would agree with me for the 1st time on this forum.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Honestly slim, had enough of it. As I said, either player is world class. But you need to respect both players, hookerisnt a weakness for the wallabys and we should be thankful for that. I don't care who starts, I want both to get at least 30 minutes and in my opinion TpN is better for the softening up period while Moore is better in the home stretch with his better running game.

Most sensible post on the forum for the last week.

We are lucky to have 2 bloody good options at hooker, there's daylight to the next contender (insert your state preference here) They both get game time and the argument about who should start or not is like shuffling deckchairs on the titanic.

This discussion is breaking out on multiple threads - take it to the rant thread and discuss it all you guys want, but give the rest of us who don't give a rats arse either way a break.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Quote:

"Stephen Moore will celebrate becoming Australia’s most capped Test hooker alongside Jeremy Paul by starting in Saturday night’s Test against New Zealand in The Castrol EDGE Rugby Championship.

Moore, who will play his 72nd Test, has replaced Tatafu Polota Nau in the starting XV, after Polota Nau ruled himself out following today’s training run in Sydney."

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I have said a millions timem Moore is a better player. And ther is a few that would agree with me for the 1st time on this forum.

And as I have said before we are getting all bitter and twisted over who gets another 10 minutes of playing time

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Quote:

"Stephen Moore will celebrate becoming Australia’s most capped Test hooker alongside Jeremy Paul by starting in Saturday night’s Test against New Zealand in The Castrol EDGE Rugby Championship.

Moore, who will play his 72nd Test, has replaced Tatafu Polota Nau in the starting XV, after Polota Nau ruled himself out following today’s training run in Sydney."

but that means Faainga to the bench :(

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Good to see Beale dropped from run-on and Benny A to THP (even though throug injury to Kepu)
Biggest shock to me is that Ben Robbo is still run-on - too lazy for me, does F-all during a game and hasnt for a couple of years.
Other shock is Moore is not run-on. TPN should be the benchie and used as an impact player.
Certainly some man-love for Sitaleki - not sure if it is warranted.
Is JOC (James O'Connor) playing ???????

There is obviously an 8 Waratah quota system in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.