• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Understand the decisions made re: the backs. There is obviously (I hope) something going on that we don't know about re: injuries/bench. Because the forward pack selections are baffling, mainly the call re: THP.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
At least Alexander will have Timani providing substantial drive behind him

And with the All Blacks providing substantial drive in front of him, he's likely to crumple, fold in or stand up. The only thing that may save the Wallaby scrum this weekend is Crockett at LH opposing Alexander and he has his own issues. If Woodcock or Franks was starting against Alexander it would be very ugly.

D

daz

At least Alexander will have Timani providing substantial drive behind him

There was a fair bit of meercatting going on last weekend, fp. I don't see much ability to drive when you are standing up.

Granted, it was mainly with the flankers rather than within the tight 5, but we need all pistons firing in the pack to at least compete on an equal footing.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Because robbiehas stated he wants TPN to play upfront due to superior scrummaging. What would you drop TPN for? He played well on Saturday. (comparatively)

The superior scrummaging is a myth.........

And Moore did as much as TPN last Saturday in a 1/3 if the time.......

Playing TPN for most of the match clearly puts us at a disadvantage.........

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Lets list some props TH or LH who we can choose from to scrum..there must be some. Palmer, Kepu,Ryan?,Holmes,Tilse as a start because I like others am extremely worried about Big Bens ability at scrum time. He's got the ability to be very good if he could just scrum..not a prop so need experts here.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
4 wingers picked for this game as run on. Where doomed with this front row.

Genia cooper Barnes, fuck I hope it works well, but I can't see quick ball happening.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
On the surface, moving BB to 12 to accommodate Quade is a good move. But have BB and Quade ever played well together as a 10/12 combo? Serious question. From my memory there never seemed to be any synergy in their combination. Thoughts?

Still, it's a positive move as it signals the fact that the Wobs intend to attack more (at least they have better personnel for it this week!).

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
On the surface, moving BB to 12 to accommodate Quade is a good move. But have BB and Quade ever played well together as a 10/12 combo? Serious question. From my memory there never seemed to be any synergy in their combination. Thoughts?

Still, it's a positive move as it signals the fact that the Wobs intend to attack more (at least they have better personnel for it this week!).

They have only played a few times together there. It has worked well. Barnes is a much better player when he is running straight at the line and cooper provides that ball for him. It's the most potent 10/12 we have until Taps gets fit and stays so for a while.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
On the surface, moving BB to 12 to accommodate Quade is a good move

On the surface, he looks calm and ready,
To kick bombs, but he keeps on forgetting,
What dingo wrote down,
The whole crowd goes so loud.
He opens his mouth,
But just a sook comes out.
Quade's choking how, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up over, now.
Snap back to Ioane, Oh there goes Kurtley,
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy no.

Alternatively:

IjYG7.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

For the Wallabies they've started together there twice, although Cooper left the field early in one of those games.........

Some people believe Barnes is the best 12 we have but I haven't seen any evidence to back that up.

He was certainly the best option at a time when Giteau was our best fly half, but that was 4 years ago.........

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Ha Ha classic, Superior, played well. That's funny

Huh?
Kearns, campo, link, Kafe, eales, foley & even Marto for all his anti Tahs have backed up that point of view, not sure what's funny about a player having a great ability at something. Would have tout that was a good thing to be utilized.

As I've said a million times, isn't a whole lot between TPN and Moore. Happy with either to play but I think a few people need to give TPN a bit more respect, Moore hasn't Won a lot of games in his position against the all blacks over the last few years.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Eh, because Moore hasn't won a lot of games against them in a team sport we should replace him with a lesser player?

What?

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
For the Wallabies they've started together there twice, although Cooper left the field early in one of those games...

Some people believe Barnes is the best 12 we have but I haven't seen any evidence to back that up.

He was certainly the best option at a time when Giteau was our best fly half, but that was 4 years ago...

Yeah perhaps my memory was influenced by their time together at the Reds. Unfair on all parties to go back that far I guess.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Huh?
Kearns, campo, link, Kafe, eales, foley & even Marto for all his anti Tahs have backed up that point of view, not sure what's funny about a player having a great ability at something. Would have tout that was a good thing to be utilized.

As I've said a million times, isn't a whole lot between TPN and Moore. Happy with either to play but I think a few people need to give TPN a bit more respect, Moore hasn't Won a lot of games in his position against the all blacks over the last few years.

Moore has/had recently held the title of best hooker in the World. TPN hasn't. I think more (boom tish) should be given to Moore.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
On the surface, he looks calm and ready,
To kick bombs, but he keeps on forgetting,
What dingo wrote down,
The whole crowd goes so loud.
He opens his mouth,
But just a sook comes out.
Quade's choking how, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up over, now.
Snap back to Ioane, Oh there goes Kurtley,
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy no.

Alternatively:

IjYG7.jpg

Lads....on fire today....some great stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.