• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I keep hearing that Mitchell isn't anywhere near full fitness, so am worried about his likely starting team selection.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Here's the official team for Bledisloe II

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
14. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
12. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds, captain)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
7. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
6. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs)
3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on Reserves: To be advised

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
BEN FUCKING ALEXANDER AT TIGHTHEAD?!
Okay I'm happy with the rest of the team, well not happy, but as far as Deans goes thats as good as we could of hoped for.
But Alexander is shithouse at tighthead, how could anyone, especially a professional coach see him good enough to start, especially when you have Slipper, who played tighthead all season with reasonable success sitting on the bench. Fucking does my head in shit like this.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Surprised that Beale has been relegated/dropped but stoked if we have a player like him on the bench (as long as he's used). Pretty happy with the back line though - good balance I feel and provides us with good opportunities.

Quite surprised that Alexander can come from out of the 22 to starting and Slipper is still on the bench. But I don't really know anything about THP's and LHP's and who can play what so that may be the answer to why this has happened. From a front row numpty's point of view though, Slipper's got to be feeling hard done by!

Go WALLABIES!!

W

What2040

Good to see Beale dropped from run-on and Benny A to THP (even though throug injury to Kepu)
Biggest shock to me is that Ben Robbo is still run-on - too lazy for me, does F-all during a game and hasnt for a couple of years.
Other shock is Moore is not run-on. TPN should be the benchie and used as an impact player.
Certainly some man-love for Sitaleki - not sure if it is warranted.
Is JOC (James O'Connor) playing ???????

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Beat me to it TL. But clearly my lack of knowledge on THP's and LHP's is not the reason why Alexander's promotion is surprising.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good to see Beale dropped from run-on and Benny A to THP (even though throug injury to Kepu)
Biggest shock to me is that Ben Robbo is still run-on - too lazy for me, does F-all during a game and hasnt for a couple of years.
Other shock is Moore is not run-on. TPN should be the benchie and used as an impact player.
Certainly some man-love for Sitaleki - not sure if it is warranted.
Is JOC (James O'Connor) playing ???????
you would think that is Kepu wasnt injured than Robbo would have been gone. But you dont want to be messing around with the front row to much.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
How the fuck is moore not starting. Is he carrying an injury or something?

I would have had slipper over benny A as well. And a different lock in place of Timani. I dont know who because deans refused to blood any new locks against wales.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
O'Connor isn't back until Perth (2 weeks).

The Australian has
10 Cooper
11 Ioane
12 Barnes
13 Horne
14 Mitchell
15 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

With FTA, Phipps & Beale on the bench.

I don't mind that backline. Horne really wasn't that bad last week (although I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a better centre). I imagine that Deans is a bit gun shy about playing Cooper (who historically is a bit of a risky prospect) with Beale as well (who on current form, is just as bad). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at the back will be solid. Potentially inject Beale with 15 to go, fresh against some tiring defence (if Deans ever used his bench to advantage of course).

However, this is really academic, given the issues we now have in our forwards - Pocock and Kepu out. Big ask for Hooper, although I think he will certainly be contesting for the ball and will hopefully bring a bit of youthful enthusiasm to the pack. However, Alexander (which is the rumour) for Kepu means we may be facing a series of scrum penalties. Add to that Robinson well off best form and Timani and Higgers still far from the finished article in their positions, and the chances of us getting sufficient front foot ball to give the backs any chance to shine seems pretty slim. You would think we will be weak in scrums and (on last week's form) ruck ball, but solid in the lineouts. Not very confident.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm interested to see whose on the bench. Moore, Slipper, Simmons and Gill will be the forwards (you would think).

Doubt Beale will be dropped completely, so the toss up will be between JOC (James O'Connor), Ant Fainga'a and Samo.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Except for Horne the backs are OK. Would have preferred to keep KB (Kurtley Beale) and move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to OC.

The main problem though is with our forwards at the contact. Needed a new front row (players with workrate like Slipper and Squeaky). Papering over the cracks.

All Blacks by 17 (around 33 - 16).

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Because robbiehas stated he wants TPN to play upfront due to superior scrummaging. What would you drop TPN for? He played well on Saturday. (comparatively)

If he wanted superior scrummagers why would he pick Alexander at all.

Moore holds his own at the set peice and is probably our best forward around the park after pocock.

Cooper isnt going to give the forwards as much time to realign as barnes did. He will call for the ball early and if they arent ready he will go without them. He'll demand a fitter pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.