• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
She's a woman so she is obviously only there to crucify or they can find a man to replace her.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What do you expect Castle to say about Super Rugby?

She clearly can't say that RA's preferred position is to exit Super Rugby after the current deal. That would be a terrible public statement to make given we have three more years of the competition to run as it is.

Conversations regarding the future of Super Rugby need to be happening behind closed doors, not made as grand statements about the direction for RA.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
She is just a figurehead, Clyne is the CEO.
One of his strategic goals is to hamstring IPRC hence the sudden interest in promoting Womens 15 rugby, pay for 7's rugby, engaging with SA and Tasmania, Wallabies eligibility and making sure the Rebels are a success regardless of cost.
Clyne is having his own little private war at the expense of Aus rugby, he is a major problem.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
She is just a figurehead, Clyne is the CEO.
One of his strategic goals is to hamstring IPRC hence the sudden interest in promoting Womens 15 rugby, pay for 7's rugby, engaging with SA and Tasmania, Wallabies eligibility and making sure the Rebels are a success regardless of cost.

Don’t forget about the metals in the vaccine, chemtrails, pizzagate and alkaline levels.........

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
good contribution Slim, thanks.
If you think she has any influence over the strategic direction of RA you're devoid of macro thinking.
Too much time in the Canberra public service.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
Killer

HHHHMMmmmmm I will and have said a lot about the incompetence of the RA board its leadership, vision and direction. However I don't think very move they make is embedded and fixed to a lets get Twiggy.

Others

The AFL is introducing AFLX in a few days, sorta the AFL version of the Big Bash, which I have previously alluded too.

News are reporting FFA plans to introduce to the A-League a new competition i.e. the E-League. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-01/e-league-football-federation-australia/9384190

IMO it's a beyond interesting article. Essentially FFA hope to get some of the one million [from article] Australian users of the FIFA game to watch or attend A-League matches.

Could / should we do the same.
We are cutting teams while everyone else is expanding.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
c'mon Half?
You don't think one of RA major strategic considerations is where they will be in 3 yrs time?
Not the only one but a major one.
A successful IPRC that is not under the control of RA will seriously undermine their ability to totally control the direction of the game in Aus.
This will be hugely exacerbated if Super Rugby is falling apart.
The strategic focus from RA should be to work with all stakeholders for the benefit of Aus rugby.
But imo Clyne has a clear personality conflict with RWA and Twiggy.
Thus we have an unworkable situation and Aus rugby would be better off with a change at board level.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
c'mon Half?
You don't think one of RA major strategic considerations is where they will be in 3 yrs time?
Not the only one but a major one.
A successful IPRC that is not under the control of RA will seriously undermine their ability to totally control the direction of the game in Aus.
This will be hugely exacerbated if Super Rugby is falling apart.
The strategic focus from RA should be to work with all stakeholders for the benefit of Aus rugby.
But imo Clyne has a clear personality conflict with RWA and Twiggy.
Thus we have an unworkable situation and Aus rugby would be better off with a change at board level.

I think this is rubbish. RA would love to have other parties spending money on rugby in Australia.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
good contribution Slim, thanks.
If you think she has any influence over the strategic direction of RA you're devoid of macro thinking.
Too much time in the Canberra public service.

Right........

Tell me again how investing in women’s rugby is a tactical ploy to undermine the IPRC?

Or do you have any better offensively sexist conspiratorial nonsense to trump that one?

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
"The principal and co-founder of Buildcorp, Josephine Sukkar has been quoted by the Daily Telegraph, which broke the story, as saying that Buildcorp “could not continue to align their business with an NRC competition that didn’t offer the same opportunities to women as it did for men.”

Just so happens that the IPRC includes a Womens 15 and mens and womens 7's comps, suddenly it's a priority for RA.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In that year they had already committed to launching a national women's 7s series.

The next year they announced the launch of a women's XVs series.

Is not launching two competitions at the same time an indication that women's isn't a priority for RA?

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
In that year they had already committed to launching a national women's 7s series.

The next year they announced the launch of a women's XVs series.

Is not launching two competitions at the same time an indication that women's isn't a priority for RA?

yes it is NOW, exactly what I am saying.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
Killer

I doubt there has been a more critical poster on this site of the ARU / RA than me.

To the extent I am restricted in many ways in writing / creating threads.

Moreover I have been accused of many things from being a Troll to not having the interest of rugby in my posting.

I think I can also claim to be close to the earliest, certainty in the earliest batch of people saying Super Rugby would fail and hurt us i.e back in the late 90's.

However I draw the line at every decision or most decisions made by the board are to hurt Twiggy.

I am sure they don't want him to be overly successful but hand on heart not the other thing, we still need to create a bottom up structure. What Twiggy offer's is effectively a one man band who makes all the key decisions. We don't or I don't want to replace an incompetent and inept board with one man.

TBH I don't think Twiggy wants that either.

Yes RA will make decisions to better Twiggy, but that it is a key or the main driver behind all decisions IMO is fanciful.

What I want is governance procedures that take in all rugby's key stakeholder groups and then give a voice to those stakeholders to determine the way forward. TBH I also think Twiggy wants this as well.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Josephine Sukkar doesn't just pull the sponsorship without a lot of discussion with RA.
Clearly there had been no serious consideration of Women's rugby by RA and no likelihood of it in the future.
From my memory the 7's announcement came after she had pulled the sponsorship?
Anyway long story short RA has only in recent months allocated any half serious funding to Women's rugby.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
yes Half, I agree Twiggy only wants a level playing field where his generosity will not be abused.
Unfortunately this, imo, cannot be achieved while Clyne is in control.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Women's 7s series was announced in August 2016 to commence in 2017.

Buildcorp removed their sponsorship of the NRC in June 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.