• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where did we go wrong? Wallaby Recovery thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
In a years time if McKenzie has not gotten anything out of the players after Deans got little out of them I will not be laying sole blame on the coaches. At some time we will need to ask if the cattle are just not that good, not that they are bad by any stretch but not all that much better than guys from other nations in the top 2-6.

Cheika took several games before the Tahs showed anything promising. I recall some people actually said they maybe should have hung onto Foley:eek:

maybe that's the answer...cheika for national coach.

We'll get there one day!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Mate, c'mon.

Fair enough, but seriously - Cooper is the most talented and experienced of our 10s and he has an opportunity to stand up and be a leader in this team, or to slip away, potential never realised. Time for him to stand up on the field.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thing is, if he stands up and we murder the Boks again in Brisbane - which we've done before quite handsomely - then it won't change how we perform against NZ.

I hope he does because you look back at Quade's last couple of seasons and just ask what the fuck?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I am a bit happier with Link after Saturday. Reckon there were clear signs of improvement- the forwards were far better at the 'same way' structure, while JOC (James O'Connor) and Folau got a bit more involved.

If he tinkers with the personnel a bit I reckon we could really start to build. Folau to fullback, and Cummins to the wing. Benny Robbo back in the side, with Slipper moving to tight head. McCalman and Mogg on the bench.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I had a close look and think why Link was upset and he has any reason to be. Because it is ridiculous how Genia was taken out of the game with illegal tactics.

If this is the future of NZ rugby and something they build a legacy it would be a shame. If this farce continues I will distance myself from the game as it the clear and obvious is ignored. I understand why Australians are simply walking away to other codes as something like good sportmanship and in the spirit of the game is something that is completely being crapped on now.

Can't see how a team gets away with it and nothing is done to stop the circus.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
any team clearly dominant over a number of years knows exactly how far they can push the boundaries, and they will usually have a certain latitude before getting pinged.

more importantly, the issue for the wobbs is to take it out of the ref's hands. clean execution mixed with bit of ticker and we wouldn't even be talking about this post game. but, as usual, we came up short again.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I am a bit happier with Link after Saturday. Reckon there were clear signs of improvement- the forwards were far better at the 'same way' structure, while JOC (James O'Connor) and Folau got a bit more involved.

If he tinkers with the personnel a bit I reckon we could really start to build. Folau to fullback, and Cummins to the wing. Benny Robbo back in the side, with Slipper moving to tight head. McCalman and Mogg on the bench.

I can understand why Slipper was moved to LH in the first place, but I don't really agree with the selection. Especially when we (at face value) had 2 pretty decent options at LH in Robbo and Sio.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Ignoto. Its not that. But NZ in game cut him off from the one side cleverly and made sure there is a defender covering the otherside which meant they had a extra defender to waste. There is a thing called in the spirit of the game and holding your hands in the air or covering your head lying in the path of Genia so he can't take or run or make a box kick is totally illegal and against the spirit of the game. Then benefitting of it scoring points doing so is what makes it even worse. I know they are proffesionals and they do things to get ahead but there is a line and if one team is allowed to do so should other teams be.

Look at this
vlcsnap-2013-08-26-03h25m16s170_zpsd2a6bcd2.png

Why did Latua not get up or roll away like he should. Genia wanted to box kick there found Latua in his way AB on him and threw it to Lilly where he was charged down.

14 seconds into the first test
vlcsnap-2013-08-26-03h22m18s113_zpsf27694fe.png

Look at what Aus did when NZ attacked and scored from
vlcsnap-2013-08-26-03h39m01s3_zpsd34a8a20.png

vlcsnap-2013-08-26-03h39m11s114_zpsf6e91620.png

You can see the tackle. Then no 3 rolled away immediately away to the Aussie side not NZ side like the law wants you to do. Quick ball try cause defense could not get across.

Every Aussie ruck are filled with the tackler just laying there not bother to get away or holding his head dunno for what cause stamping and rucking is illegal. Are throwing you hands in the air and holding your head now the official I am not doing anything wrong term in rugby?

How do you counter things which is illegal and is being ignored? You can't. That is why he gets peed of not because he lost but the way they did it.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Albert Anae was playing THP for BOP yesterday. I only bring this up as an example that I think the changes in the scrum might shift where some of the frount rowers play. Agree with every one else that it is going to take a bit of playing around to work out who is best suited to where with the new set up.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
In that first pic Luatua was actually injured. I remember it well because I thought he might have had to go off for a min there. He stays down well after the play has gone and has medical attention. Pics may be worth 1,000 words but they often don't tell the whole story...

edit: I just read your whole post. I had to laugh at

"Every Aussie ruck are filled with the tackler just laying there not bother to get away or holding his head dunno for what cause stamping and rucking is illegal."

See how that worked for Alan-Wyn Jones, Dan Palmer or Pek Cowan??

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
In that first pic Luatua was actually injured. I remember it well because I thought he might have had to go off for a min there. He stays down well after the play has gone and has medical attention. Pics may be worth 1,000 words but they often don't tell the whole story.

Head first into the tackle on 3M it was. Still down after try was scored

Status
Not open for further replies.