• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

What Quade should have been doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
I am a fan of seeing Quade rested for the duration of the Trinats (and work on tackling Palu and TPN) and have OConnor as flyhalf not only to sure up injury options but to take out the unadulterated riskique style QC (Quade Cooper) brings and inject a more impressionable talent such as OConnor who will listen to directives, able to stand up any defense with able footwork and have an eye for gaps and putting players in them.

The addition is OConnor doesnt shirk his defensive responsibilities and is more attuned to his PG rated backliners. Place McCabe back on the training paddock where he belongs in tandem with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (holding water bottles for QC (Quade Cooper), Palu & TPN).

Bring in Gits at 12, Ant Fainga'a @ 13 with Ioane & L.Turner with Beale at the back. With Turner a question mark in defense place higgers as his trailers or support. This combo has ball playing pair at 10/12; stronger defensive backline when get tough from 10-14, & speed to burn and impromptu style 10-15.

This also breaks the Reds pairing of Genia/Cooper as Cooper is more freelance and his current backline need a streetmap to read what area of the park he will play next. Genia is classy enough to work with anyone and shouldn't take long to combine with OConnor.

The forwards need a healthy diet of vegetables, vegemite and prayer...

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Nonu made 4 tackles and Conrad Smith also made 12.

IMO, 'brilliance' and 'genius' cannot replace hard work, a hard-nuts attitude and a willingness to put your body on the line.
I agree that a good, honest hard worker is an asset, but...you can't coach genius or brilliance. Coopers tackling deficiencies do worry me but there has to be a way for coaches to get him to do the other stuff regularly. It's not that he's incapable, he has shown from time to time that he is.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I am a fan of seeing Quade rested for the duration of the Trinats (and work on tackling Palu and TPN) and have OConnor as flyhalf not only to sure up injury options but to take out the unadulterated riskique style QC (Quade Cooper) brings and inject a more impressionable talent such as OConnor who will listen to directives, able to stand up any defense with able footwork and have an eye for gaps and putting players in them.

The addition is OConnor doesnt shirk his defensive responsibilities and is more attuned to his PG rated backliners. Place McCabe back on the training paddock where he belongs in tandem with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (holding water bottles for QC (Quade Cooper), Palu & TPN).

Bring in Gits at 12, Ant Fainga'a @ 13 with Ioane & L.Turner with Beale at the back. With Turner a question mark in defense place higgers as his trailers or support. This combo has ball playing pair at 10/12; stronger defensive backline when get tough from 10-14, & speed to burn and impromptu style 10-15.

This also breaks the Reds pairing of Genia/Cooper as Cooper is more freelance and his current backline need a streetmap to read what area of the park he will play next. Genia is classy enough to work with anyone and shouldn't take long to combine with OConnor.

The forwards need a healthy diet of vegetables, vegemite and prayer...

The backs are fine.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The ABs put a lot of pressure on Genia and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Because of this, Cooper should have used 11, 14 and 15 in the 10/12 channel and also chip kicked over their offside defence just behind Nonu and Smith. When Genia is making breaks, Cooper and the Oz backline seem to have more time to do their stuff.

G

gowallabiesgo

I am a Quade supporter. He is playing some amazing quick flowing rugby. Hope we can work to keep the pressure off him with the offense and give him time to make the plays we know he can make.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Beefcake, Reds had Quade and Force didn't, so check the S15 results. You say Wallabies backline needs a street map to keep up with Quade, geeze mate is that his fault...I think not! You're wrong anyway, as Will, Digby, and Anthony seem to be able to read his play, and last time I looked they were all in the Wallabies squad! You want to "rest Quade" so tell me how do our backs develope a 'combination' with him sitting up in the grandstand each week? The non-Reds backs need to lift their (collective) game! You must have missed most of the Reds matches this year! Sure, he's erratic, but others need to improve, whereas your solution is for Quade to change his game to become boring, mundane and predictable. If you look at the crowd numbers for Reds' home-games, and study the TV viewer numbers for all the Reds' matches this year, you will see that there are many thousands of fans who don't agree with you, and love the exciting and unpredictable way the Reds (including Quade) play their rugby!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Beefcake, Reds had Quade and Force didn't, so check the S15 results. You say Wallabies backline needs a street map to keep up with Quade, geeze mate is that his fault...I think not! You're wrong anyway, as Will, Digby, and Anthony seem to be able to read his play, and last time I looked they were all in the Wallabies squad! You want to "rest Quade" so tell me how do our backs develope a 'combination' with him sitting up in the grandstand each week? The non-Reds backs need to lift their (collective) game! You must have missed most of the Reds matches this year! Sure, he's erratic, but others need to improve, whereas your solution is for Quade to change his game to become boring, mundane and predictable. If you look at the crowd numbers for Reds' home-games, and study the TV viewer numbers for all the Reds' matches this year, you will see that there are many thousands of fans who don't agree with you, and love the exciting and unpredictable way the Reds (including Quade) play their rugby!

Erm... Beefcake is a Reds fan, no?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Groucho, I am aware of Reds' logo at bottom of Beefcake's post (even if, like all the other koalas, it is facing the wrong way)!....Can only assume he didn't consult his guide-dog before contributing! Some "fans" can't accept imperfection in current players and expect 100/100 every time they take the field! Quade and the boys have brought Mrs Doug and myself much joy this year after many years of "drought".

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Groucho, I am aware of Reds' logo at bottom of Beefcake's post (even if, like all the other koalas, it is facing the wrong way)!....Can only assume he didn't consult his guide-dog before contributing! Some "fans" can't accept imperfection in current players and expect 100/100 every time they take the field! Quade and the boys have brought Mrs Doug and myself much joy this year after many years of "drought".

All of that is great Mr Doug if your only goal is to win Super Rugby. And make Mrs Doug happy.

Why don't people get that International Rugby is a big step UP from Super Rugby? Beating any of the NZ teams in the Super Competition means SFA compared to beating the ABs. The same can be said of the SA franchises.....and obviously the AUS ones as well.

International rugby means that QC (Quade Cooper) may have to complete more than a couple of tackles AND be willing to take the ball into contact. I recall he did it ONCE in Auckland....ONCE!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Bullrush, you're probably right about the "big step up from Super Rugby to International Rugby". I guess that explains the Crusaders winning seven Super series and the Blues winning three, but the ABs winning nil RWCs since Super Rugby commenced in 1996!.......You must have seen that coming!!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Amen to that.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bullrush, you're probably right about the "big step up from Super Rugby to International Rugby". I guess that explains the Crusaders winning seven Super series and the Blues winning three, but the ABs winning nil RWCs since Super Rugby commenced in 1996!.......You must have seen that coming!!

And as the Reds won it this year, it seems the Wallabies will be shit outta luck in 2011......you MUST have seen that coming!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
No, not really, Bullrush, as I feel it's time for that "cycle" to be broken! Anyway, we'll all have a better idea after the RWC final.

Status
Not open for further replies.