• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2025

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Tom Franklin kinda dicked you guys around a bit. I guess he left with ages to go before 2025.

Proctor says Franklin was the one who convinced him to join the Force, so not all bad (assuming Proctor actually makes it on the field next year):
The midfielder said conversations with fellow Maori All Black Tom Franklin – who spent the 2024 Super Rugby season with the Force - and head coach Simon Cron helped convince him to make the move west.

“When I was contemplating the move, I spoke to Tom who reiterated it’s a great place to live, they’ve got good people around the club and it’s a team that is moving in a positive direction.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tom Franklin kinda dicked you guys around a bit. I guess he left with ages to go before 2025.
Tom Franklin came in as injury coverage and did a good job with consistent efforts.
The WF is well-served with the remaining mix of talls and line-out options.
He certainly went with full blessings from the WF.
I suggest that France has offered him a longer-term deal.

WoodysRFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tom Franklin came in as injury coverage and did a good job with consistent efforts.
The WF is well-served with the remaining mix of talls and line-out options.
He certainly went with full blessings from the WF.
I suggest that France has offered him a longer-term deal.
Yeah, most likely. I suspect he probably wasn't expecting any big contracts to come up from overseas, hence signing on for another year with the Force.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Good logical movement by all. Force had a need and the Tahs an outside back excess with the recent signing and re-signings.

He may never be a first picked for the Wallabies but a guy who debuts for them this year should not be lost or on the outer. Potter and Pietsch not bad starting Wingers at all. I'm not sure Potter is a 15 or Centre.... Bring through Leahy off the bench

WoodysRFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good logical movement by all. Force had a need and the Tahs an outside back excess with the recent signing and re-signings.

He may never be a first picked for the Wallabies but a guy who debuts for them this year should not be lost or on the outer. Potter and Pietsch not bad starting Wingers at all. I'm not sure Potter is a 15 or Centre.... Bring through Leahy off the bench
What's the options at Fullback for next season? Potter first man up, or Burey? Beale to come back?

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I feel like they will go towards Potter but I think he might just be a relatively big unit suited to the Wing. Burey is a handy player with a neat kicking game on him. If everyone is fit Cron has some options. Pasitoa is huge for them if available.

Beale is an unknown with that injury at his age now. How effective can he be? Definitely brings a mature (rugby brain) to the back line if available.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The story behind Dylan Pietsch's release from the Tahs

"An offer to create an Indigenous pathway for one of mining entrepreneur Andrew Forrest's philanthropic charities has triggered Dylan Pietsch to switch Super Rugby teams next year.

Western Force pulled off the unexpected coup in signing the Waratahs winger that may also include a positional switch in the move after formerly playing flanker out of schoolboy and sevens rugby.

Pietsch officially requested a release from his NSW Rugby Union on Friday after the Force, who are financially backed by Forrest, had been in talks with the Wiradjuri man since the conclusion of the Super Rugby competition at the end of June.

NSWRU chief executive Phil Waugh relented, granting Pietsch an immediate release from his contract knowing former players of the defunct Melbourne Rebels are available".

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Pietsch officially requested a release from his NSW Rugby Union on Friday after the Force, who are financially backed by Forrest, had been in talks with the Wiradjuri man since the conclusion of the Super Rugby competition at the end of June.

NSWRU chief executive Phil Waugh relented, granting Pietsch an immediate release from his contract knowing former players of the defunct Melbourne Rebels are available".
Christy said something similar on the latest roar podcast - that Pietsch really pushed RA to make the move happen after the story about them blocking it had come out.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
The story behind Dylan Pietsch's release from the Tahs

"An offer to create an Indigenous pathway for one of mining entrepreneur Andrew Forrest's philanthropic charities has triggered Dylan Pietsch to switch Super Rugby teams next year.

Western Force pulled off the unexpected coup in signing the Waratahs winger that may also include a positional switch in the move after formerly playing flanker out of schoolboy and sevens rugby.

I wonder who the available former rebels players are who are still available to replace him? Can't include those already gone.

Ripley? Vaihu (s)?