• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2025

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Actually, I am not so down on the Tahs as I am on RA. RA is driving the agenda to strengthen the Tahs at the expense of others. The players are wanting a spot to earn their living and to get enjoyment out of their participation.

I still don't think this is backed up in reality. When the Rebels folded RA was on the hook for the 2025 contracts for 20+ players that were already signed. At that stage, the only team they had any control over was the Waratahs (because of the transfer to RA at the end of 2023).

So RA had the choice of freeing up roster spots at the Waratahs by not re-signing a bunch of existing players and directing as many of those Rebels players there as possible so the overall wage bill for 2025 wasn't substantially higher across Australian rugby or they could let them go where they want knowing that there would be more players signed overall across Australian rugby that RA was footing the bill for.

It's pretty clear why they went down the route they did. More players have certainly returned to Queensland than RA desired and largely RA is footing the bill for that.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
@Marce get him some gear would ya.
You live in Australia, mate! Maybe you can get something for me and him

I need the 2013 away jersey and the 2019 away jersey:
dUaSplp.jpg

dUaSyUN.jpg

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Henry Robertson also re-signed for 2025 and 2026 good to keep the youngster on board.
Steady guy ready to play I guess but he's also 24 with 9 games of Super Rugby in 3 seasons.

Not a heap of 9s floating around though. I reckon a few may have wanted to get hold of Werchon at the Reds since Kalani seems to be the no.2

Not sure about many others though. Lachlan Albert is playing ITM Cup who was with the Brumbies a couple years ago.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Steady guy ready to play I guess but he's also 24 with 9 games of Super Rugby in 3 seasons.

Not a heap of 9s floating around though. I reckon a few may have wanted to get hold of Werchon at the Reds since Kalani seems to be the no.2

Not sure about many others though. Lachlan Albert is playing ITM Cup who was with the Brumbies a couple years ago.
yeah and the Rebels 9s were a bunch of journey men so they don't help

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
For years I had a signed Tahs Jersey hanging in a glass-front frame dating from late 1990s. Finished up giving it to a family member with more connection than me.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I still don't think this is backed up in reality. When the Rebels folded RA was on the hook for the 2025 contracts for 20+ players that were already signed. At that stage, the only team they had any control over was the Waratahs (because of the transfer to RA at the end of 2023).

So RA had the choice of freeing up roster spots at the Waratahs by not re-signing a bunch of existing players and directing as many of those Rebels players there as possible so the overall wage bill for 2025 wasn't substantially higher across Australian rugby or they could let them go where they want knowing that there would be more players signed overall across Australian rugby that RA was footing the bill for.

It's pretty clear why they went down the route they did. More players have certainly returned to Queensland than RA desired and largely RA is footing the bill for that.
Nice story BH. You stick with it, but I stay with mine and expect the favouritism to continue year after year.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Nice story BH. You stick with it, but I stay with mine and expect the favouritism to continue year after year.
I agree with both of you.

There is favouritism but I support it.

If I have to accept the Rebels being canned, then I want a successful team in our biggest city. A successful Brumbies has done fuck all to help Aus Super Rugby or attract fans. We need winning teams in big cities. If not Melbourne (you losers), then Sydney. Go the Leinster model, it works for Ireland.

WF is propped up by Twiggy. Brumbies is propped up by I dunno, good academies and it being cold. Pump all the talent back to the actual heartlands of rugby in Australia and where the fans are.

WFDS

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree with both of you.

There is favouritism but I support it.

If I have to accept the Rebels being canned, then I want a successful team in our biggest city. A successful Brumbies has done fuck all to help Aus Super Rugby or attract fans. We need winning teams in big cities. If not Melbourne (you losers), then Sydney. Go the Leinster model, it works for Ireland.

WF is propped up by Twiggy. Brumbies is propped up by I dunno, good academies and it being cold. Pump all the talent back to the actual heartlands of rugby in Australia and where the fans are.
And that nonsense right there is why Rugby Union is struggling ladies and gents!

Tazzmania

Syd Malcolm (24)
Tom Franklin kinda dicked you guys around a bit. I guess he left with ages to go before 2025.
Not really, I assume it was a mutual decision to help free up a "Overseas" spot for Matt Proctor as we are short of outside centres but locks are well catered for with : Williams, Swain, Carter, Faifua, and Thompson, and both Princep and Eukasi being able to fill in there if really needed.