• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2025

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Just think unfortunately he doesn’t have the flashiness looked for at Test level or at least the belief they have a highlight moment to break a game open.

I think he would perform at the level almost to the same degree he does at Super Rugby I just don’t think he has enough areas he outscores someone else if comparing even though he’s likely to be more consistent and trusted
Again disagree. He’s been picked in the Wallaby squad and I suspect may get a start in Perth. Hunter is hardly ‘flashy!….

dru

David Wilson (68)
I would disagree Phil. I thought the Force backline had some great games with White, Donaldson and Stewart quite instrumental in that.

Stewart is EXACTLY the sort of second fly I want sitting outside of a necessary but uninspiring 10. He can run 10 himself comfortably (if he focused more on the game plan than D) and can definitely run a second wave back line attack. Heaps of starch in D which you kind of want at international especially hitting a team like the Springboks.

I'm not saying he should be hands down guaranteed 12 in the Wallabies this weekend, but the argument that Stewart lack "flash" for 12 is one that I just can't fathom.

Last edited:

Tazzmania

Syd Malcolm (24)
Western Force women set for historic three-game Japan tour

The Western Force women’s team are set for an history-making Japan tour in October and November with three fixtures locked in to help continue the side’s development ahead of the 2025 Super Rugby Women’s season.

READ MORE

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)
Western Force women set for historic three-game Japan tour

The Western Force women’s team are set for an history-making Japan tour in October and November with three fixtures locked in to help continue the side’s development ahead of the 2025 Super Rugby Women’s season.

READ MORE
How good is the woman’s program at the Force. Clearly leading the woman’s space in the country. Congrats all involved

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 10.18.57 am.png

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Fuck yeah. Good on you Vaiolini, committing to Aus Rugby. Two more years? till he's eligible I think.

Force definitely need explosive players like him. Hopefully it's more than just a year contract. He'll only get better with age too.
Unfortunately he played NPC last year so will only be a year into his residency right now, assuming he doesn't play NPC again this year and reset it once more.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Curious he's staying in Australia then.. Did he have one more year on his RA contract? Would've thought at least one NZ side would come knocking.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Genuinely curious question here for Force fans and WA locals. Do you think the imminent inclusion of the Western Bears to the NRL will hurt the Force? or more broadly Rugby? Rust on Rugby people will remain but when the money comes rolling in for juniors, games every second week in Perth and more TV coverage on FTA I worry Rugby will wither in the background even more.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Genuinely curious question here for Force fans and WA locals. Do you think the imminent inclusion of the Western Bears to the NRL will hurt the Force? or more broadly Rugby? Rust on Rugby people will remain but when the money comes rolling in for juniors, games every second week in Perth and more TV coverage on FTA I worry Rugby will wither in the background even more.
Probably hurt the Tahs more.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Curious he's staying in Australia then.. Did he have one more year on his RA contract? Would've thought at least one NZ side would come knocking.
Yeah he was signed through to 2025 so he did have that RA guaranteed contract that's been picked up here.