• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mick Snowden is gone. We have two scrumhalves in the senior squad and one in the EPS.

Where are these 4 gone? They're all quite promising.

Don't know about the three Aussies. I reckon Whittaker and McCaffrey would be worth a look but they do come with injury hassles.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't know about the three Aussies. I reckon Whittaker and McCaffrey would be worth a look but they do come with injury hassles.

McCaffrey certainly looked like a Super (not necessarily Wallaby) star of the future until he got crocked badly a couple of times. He's definitely worth a look IMO. Whittaker on the other hand always looked to me like a solid back-up/bench player. Given the Tahs are very thin for hookers, maybe he's a candidate, but I don't think he's the next Moore or TPN.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Any goss on cummins and JOC (James O'Connor)? You would think tomorrow might be the day something comes out.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cummins said in a recent report that he wouldn't make a decision until after TRC in October.

JOC (James O'Connor)'s due date on an announcement constantly changes. It went from after Bled II to after the South Africa test to end of next week (I think) and it probably going to drag on a bit.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Force obviously don't want to pay too many $$$$ for the bloke AND Team O'connors bargaining poition has been diluted because no other Aussie franchise is prepared to sign him. Suppose we all have to watch this space.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
This ones better

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2013/rugby/story/198181.html

James O'Connor close to new rugby deal
September 13, 2013

James O'Connor is hoping to receive some good news in a disappointing year

James O'Connor's future may be sorted as early as next week, with the Wallabies utility back edging closer to a reunion with Western Force.

O'Connor, 23, has been left in limbo at Super Rugby level since being dumped by Melbourne Rebels in July. He is keen to continue his international career with the Wallabies, but he needs to earn a deal with the Force if that is to happen. Queensland Reds, New South Wales Waratahs and the Brumbies have already ruled out moving for O'Connor, and Australia pick players for test duty only if they are signed with an Australian Super Rugby franchise.

O'Connor's manager has been seeking out other options in case the Force don't make an offer, considering the National Rugby League as well as a playing stint in Europe, but the player is "very happy in rugby at the moment" and hopes to achieve greater heights with the Wallabies.

"I've got a lot I want to achieve in this game with this group," O'Connor said of the Wallabies ahead of The Rugby Championship Test against Argentina in Perth. "I don't think we've reached anywhere near our peak."

The Wallabies have a week off after playing Argentina, and O'Connor hopes to confirm his playing future during that period.

"That's when I can take some time out to evaluate where I'm at," he said. "If all things are going well, it could be done in that week - possibly. I love Perth. It's an amazing city. I spent four years here and I've come back every year as well for holidays and to catch up with mates. But it's in my manager's hands."

O'Connor, for the time being, is desperate to help the Wallabies snap their four-game losing run after they were thumped 38-12 by the Springboks in Brisbane, saying the team's lean form had left the players hurting and hungry to atone.

"A Test match loss is a lot heavier than a Super Rugby loss," O'Connor said. "You're never ready for it. It's not something you enjoy at all. It's very frustrating. You just want to get out there as soon as possible and start working on how to fix it."

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Storm in a tea cup how quick ppl are to dig the knife in if his name wasnt James Oconner he would have been on that flight.

Nothing to do with rugby or the wallabies he was on his own time with his gf im sure he prob got pissed and started a scene u would to if some idiot behind a desk was big noting themself and stopping me from going on holiday.

He got a later flight so that says that nothing really happened otherwise they wouldnt have let him on any flight.

Give it a rest

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
A pattern of behaviour Gaffa and not a good one.
Tell me what he has really done?

Missed a team announcement? Got a burger for brekki ffs did he ever punch his team mate? Get into a bar fight? Steel a laptop? Kick a quoka?

He is a young 23 year old bloke who has been out pf home since he was 16 h just needs a bit of direction sure he has made a couple of mistakes but the last thing he needs it tp be cut loose.

Before he left Perth he never got into any trouble i said when he went to melb it would stuff him up being the super star in the big city.

Bring him back to Perth and let Hodgo smash him into shape.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Pattern of behaviour.

Wasn't there a food fight in Melbourne or somewhere?

Real fight in Paris with team mates?

Both of these involved Bieber IIRC.

One isolated incident could be set aside, but these just seem to keep on coming.

There must be plenty of other stuff going on in the background that we don't know about, otherwise he would have a contract by now with one of the other four Aust Soup franchises.

Perhaps time for a dedicated thread for Brand O'Bieber Behaviour, so the other threads insulated from the "debate".

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
If he was so drunk how did he manage to get past check in through security, past customes to get pulled up by the boarding staff?

And why if it was such a massive deal was he able to board a later flight?

The way some people are talking he took a swing a one of the AFP cops or heaven forbid one of his team mates........

I just feel this is a bullshit story in a long line of bullshit storys yet a bloke can punch on with his team mates go to rehab make his way back onto the field to then get back on the piss and get signed by the biggest club in aus with a massive fan fair and all issues forgotten.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Your passion for the club is impressive Gaffa, but your burying your head in the sand on this one

There was all the shit he was pulling at the force before he left. Rockstar attitude, I remember some of the stuff that didnt make the papers, like not turning up to his community responsibilities ie: hospital visits with the kids etc.

It doesn't make him the devil, but why is the problem always with him. David Pocock doesn't get pissed and fight with the cabin crew over seating. James Slipper wasn't out for burgers at 4am on a test week. Michael Hooper doesn't sleep in and miss the team photos. You compare him to Beale, because Beale is the only one who is worse than him. We don't want someone marginally better than Beale. We want someone who aspires to be as good as the rest of them. Especially if they are going to be on superstar money and a leader of our club.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Gaffa you are right about the issues surrounding the other muppeteers.

Gilbert continues to do some dumb arse things as you have identified, and I reckon that Chieka will have him on a very tight chain. Contractually the one year only contract may be a good circuit breaker for both parties, and I reckon there will be some pretty severe behavioural conditions in the contract.

Muppeteer 2 has had run ins with the law over bouncers and laptops previously. He has knuckled under since Quadegate. There have even been reports of someone trying to pick a fight/provoke a reaction with him at a Brissie pub earlier this year. He and/or his wingmen got out of there pretty quickly. No harm done, nothing to see here, move on please. A good sign of maturity from a previously maligned player.

Muppeteer 4 - Diggers has been internally disciplined by the Reds over stuff.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
He can't play the innocent rockstar forever. Whilst he can play well as an outside back, off the field he has proven to be a first class flog. It is not coincidence that four super rugby franchises in Australia do not want him, despite he obvious talents. Doesn't look like the Force are banging down his door to sign him quickly.

Melbourne learned a hard lesson with cippers and JOC (James O'Connor) that rock stars only put bums on seats for a little while; good teams, good culture and wins brings the punters to the ground.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Your passion for the club is impressive Gaffa, but your burying your head in the sand on this one

There was all the shit he was pulling at the force before he left. Rockstar attitude, I remember some of the stuff that didnt make the papers, like not turning up to his community responsibilities ie: hospital visits with the kids etc.

It doesn't make him the devil, but why is the problem always with him. David Pocock doesn't get pissed and fight with the cabin crew over seating. James Slipper wasn't out for burgers at 4am on a test week. Michael Hooper doesn't sleep in and miss the team photos. You compare him to Beale, because Beale is the only one who is worse than him. We don't want someone marginally better than Beale. We want someone who aspires to be as good as the rest of them. Especially if they are going to be on superstar money and a leader of our club.
Not everyone is a David Pocock (for what its worth i feel what he did when he left is on par with the shit that went on when JOC (James O'Connor) left but that another topic)

all i can say about JOC (James O'Connor) is the few times i have meet him and see him in public he is always one of the last players out on the field signing and having pics with kids always has a chat and from all reports he trains as hard as any and never takes a step back on the field.

Yet ppl at every opputunity rip into the young guy when what he prob needs is some real guidence and stability in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.