• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
He was a young kid who made a massive mistake, has taken responsability for that mistake and has payed his dues with a 2 year ban.

He has worked very hard for the last 2 years as part of the force acadamy and has been rewarded for that.

Give the Kid a break i say.

The big thing about the whole thing was the commment

A survey revealed that one in six rugby players at some of South Africa's top schools had tested positive for various steroids and Louwrens, who was introduced to the drug by another player, said there was huge pressure to succeed.

That seems like a very high number if you ask me.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
thing I don't like about the conference system is to a degree it can dictate where on the table you will come. While I think the force can cause ALOT of teams trouble next year at the end of the day they will still only be the 4th or 5th best team in the aussie conference and will suffer from having to play the tahs, reds and brumbies more than once.

Although I guess NZ usually has the same problem too :/

Thing is that we will probably have a better team than last year and even then we were able to beat the Brumbies once, the Reds once and draw the Reds in the second. The thing that keeps killing us is losing to the bloody Rebels. We play better than them for 50-60 minutes and then fuck things up with 15-20 minutes of the shittiest rugby you'd ever see.

I reckon the Waratahs will be a lot better next year than this year and will probably top the conference. The Brumbies will be pretty much the same and the Reds look to be a little bit on the slide.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
He was a young kid who made a massive mistake, has taken responsability for that mistake and has payed his dues with a 2 year ban.

He has worked very hard for the last 2 years as part of the force acadamy and has been rewarded for that.

Give the Kid a break i say.

The big thing about the whole thing was the commment

That seems like a very high number if you ask me.

Yep. If you've done the time you deserve the right to a second chance, but only once (if that makes sense). It's the way our criminal justice system works after all. I wasn't aware that he'd had a steroids "conviction" before, so he'll want to be squeaky clean from this point onwards. I'm actually a bit surprised we haven't seen more of it in rugby, given how much of a power sport it is.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
RE anabolic steroids:

That's what Arnie and the other body-builders in the 70's were using right?
What's the deal with them, I know that modern steroids are fucked, eg HGH and theyjust make people swell up and the organs fail, but Arnie is now nearly 70 and doesn't seem to have had any adverse health effects from them?

Are they injected or in pill form? Do they target muscle of just make everything swell?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
RE anabolic steroids:

That's what Arnie and the other body-builders in the 70's were using right?
What's the deal with them, I know that modern steroids are fucked, eg HGH and theyjust make people swell up and the organs fail, but Arnie is now nearly 70 and doesn't seem to have had any adverse health effects from them?

Are they injected or in pill form? Do they target muscle of just make everything swell?

The anabolic steroids in question are most probably testosterone, which can either be injected or swallowed. But I've heard swallowing it ruins your liver.

They mostly assist in muscle recovery, so you can go harder in the gym more often. Adverse health effects almost certainly depends on how the substance is administerd; like anything, when abused it is dangerous to some people.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They mostly assist in muscle recovery, so you can go harder in the gym more often. Adverse health effects almost certainly depends on how the substance is administerd; like anything, when abused it is dangerous to some people.

Yep. Steroids in themselves won't make a mediocre athlete a world beater, because you still have to train like a mad dog. They do promote increases in lean muscle mass as well as aiding recovery though.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Need Prior on the bench so you would drop Stubbs or Ebersohn enough cover at 10 with Godwin and JOC (James O'Connor).

Also think that Alcock will be really hard done by if he is stuck on the bench all year Hodgson is a greaty= of the club but Alcock is the better player now IMHO.

Cummins at 13 i Really Like but i wold also like to see JOC (James O'Connor) have a crack i think he has everything to be the next BOD.

More likely to be Hodgson (6), Alcock (7) and McCalman (8) (as seen last year) with Cottrell off the bench.

Hodgson's stats from last year show that he's streets in front of Cottrell and well worth his place in the run-on team.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
So you're saying, that if you beat the other teams in your conference, you'll still finish low on the table?

dont be a dick, im saying that the force will probably deserve to be higher on the table than what theyll end up but because of how hard i believe the aussie conference will be next year and them having to play australian opposition multiple times theyll be further down the ladder than some SA or NZ than they probably deserve to be ahead of

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't like how long it is taking. He had a week of. You would of thought it would be done by now.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Force have just confirmed the re-signing of Salesi Manu.

This is very good news for the future of the Wallabies, not just the Force. He has shown a lot of promise, though I would have liked to see Foley give him a bit more game off the bench. In the longer term he will put pressure on the current incumbents and those being developed at other provinces.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Update

2014 Squad So Far
1. Chris Alcock 2014
2. Phoenix Battye 2014
3. Junior Rasolea 2014
4. Nathan Charles 2014
5. Angus Cottrell 2014
6. Pek Cowan 2014 - Wallaby Caps
7. Sias Ebersohn 2014 Development Player Spot
8. Kyle Godwin 2016 - WA
9. Matt Hodgson 2015 Wallaby Caps
10. Kieran Longbottom 2014 - WA
11. Alby Mathewson 2014 Marquee Player Spot
12. Ben McCalman 2015 Wallaby Caps
13. Ed Stubbs 2014
14. Chris Tuatara-Morrison 2014
15. Hugh McMeniman 2015 Wallaby Caps
16. Luke Morahan 2015 Wallaby Cap
17. Zack Holmes 2015 - WA
18. Ian Prior 2015
19. Sam Wykes 2015
20. Tetera Faulkner 2015
21. Dane Haylett-Petty 2014 - WA
22. Willhelm Steenkamp 2016 Marquee Player Spot
23. Jayden Hayward 2014 Development Player Spot
24. Chris Heiberg 2016 Development Player Spot
25. Marcel Brache 2015 Development Player Spot
26. Heath Tessmann 2014
27. Salesi Manu 2014

EPS 2014
1. Luke Burton - Inside Back - WA
2. Ryan Louwrens - Half Back - WA

Off contract (in RED = Must Keep)
Nick Cummins
Pat Dellit
Winston Stanley
Rory Walton (EPS)
Mick Snowden (EPS)

GONE
Sam Christie (EPS)
James Hilterbrand (EPS)
Ben Jacobs
Sam Norton-Knight
Toby Lynn
Salesi Ma'afu
Lachlan McCaffrey
Will Tupou
Brett Sheehan
Ben Whittaker
Richard Brown
Alfie Mafi

Rumoured Signings
James O’Connor

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Where are these 4 gone? They're all quite promising.
Sam Christi i think is back in NZ.

McCaffrey tomorrow is running for the DLP to become the member of Bennalong......and is playing for eastwood and looking for a contract.

Tupou i think is back at the NRL.

Whittaker just finished up in Perth on sat playing for Cott in the WA grand Final i would think he would be worth a look in at the Tahs who are looking for a new Hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.