• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah I think your right Todd. He is the one with the head gear and played for the blues? If I have the right guy he isnt a bad player. Just has the occasional brain farts and ball fumbling. Had a good year last year but not quite consistent.

That would likely be his older brother Benson. Winston has only picked up a handful of caps for the Blues.

Cameron Shepherd is a reliable goal kicker. He just isn't reliably on the field. Stannard is a decent short range kicker too. Brett Sheehan has occasionally taken long kicks in the past but I don't think he's particularly good.

Dellit does offer more than Sidey but Sidey was in pretty decent form toward the end of last year. He seemed to do better at 12.

Agree with TOCC. You can criticize Richard Graham for stodgy playing against the Tahs. But at least he is picking tactics, albeit not necessarily good ones, to suit the opposition. The Tahs play stodgy regardless of who they are playing.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
If Ripia is not at 10,who will do the goalkicking?

Assuming that Shepherd will not be kicking - the same as last year when JOC (James O'Connor) didn't play. Stannard took the kicks in all the games he started in last year except one IIRR, when Shepherd was healthy. Ripia is probably the better goal kicker though.

Sheehan to take the long kicks.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
when willy first came into the team he was kicking when JOC (James O'Connor) was unable and he takes all the resets.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Agree with TOCC. You can criticize Richard Graham for stodgy playing against the Tahs. But at least he is picking tactics, albeit not necessarily good ones, to suit the opposition. The Tahs play stodgy regardless of who they are playing.

Perception and reality. Check out the top try scoring team in 2011. It wasn't the Reds or the Force.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Gaffer - Yeah, maybe you weren't responding to brokendown's question, but if he is not at 10 and Stannard is, Stannard will be taking the kicks unless Shepherd is fit enough to kick goals now.

At Force training yesterday Wallabies Pocock, Sharpe and McCalman were not there (they start next Monday), nor was Shepherd. Ma'afu fronted up though. Wykes was there but could not train. One of Ripia's legs was covered in strapping.

Ripia, Godwin and Stannard all had a turn at 1st receiver on the drills.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
I just saw on twitter that Ripia has resigned from the Western Force

Foreign Developing player Willie Ripia will not be part of the Emirates Western Force squad in 2012 after the club agreed today to accept Ripia’s resignation, effective immediately.

The club has investigated a serious breach of team protocols by the New Zealand born flyhalf and following a meeting this morning with senior management, Ripia offered his resignation later in the day. The club wishes to stress that the matter relates to an internal incident at the club and does not involve any member of the public or public property.

Ripia played seven matches last year with the Emirates Western Force after moving across from the Hurricanes for the 2011 season.

Head Coach Richard Graham will review his options over the coming days before making any decisions on the possible recruitment of another playmaker to the club.

The Emirates Western Force will be making no further comment on Ripia’s departure at this point.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yea, big news.

Not sure what to think. Last season our main problem was a lack of depth at 10, thought we'd fixed that this season but now we need to find another fly-half just over a month out of the super15.

T

tranquility

They should try and get Dallan Murphy or bring back Matt Brandon..

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Who are the flyhalves in the National Academy?

I had a look over the list on the blog page but at first glance it seems more loaded with centres than flyhalves.

Pierre Hola is playing in japan I think. Would be available sometime after the start of the season. The force went with Brandon from easts last year, so he might be an option again. I have no idea who else is floating around.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
It couldn't be the worst thing to happen in Aus professional sport? - unless he went one better than sticking his knob in a dog's mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.