• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Rebels - Sunday 21 May - Allianz Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
What I am excited to see is Lomax starting at 3. Not so much for him, he's very young to be starting, but it will harden him up for the JRWC and we will get to see just how much potential he will have for the future. Right now he's got the "future Wallaby THP" tag, so I am excited to see how he goes.
He's already started a few times this season. The way he is progressing I'd say he'll be our first choice THP from next season.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
What happened to Stirzaker? I can't remember if he was injured? Or why is he out of the squad??

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Will Goddard actually get off the bench?

Not that he'd probably make much impact, I'd just like to see him actually play, instead of getting 3 weeks of splinters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Top tips for the game:
Wartahs play attacking rugby like men possessed, winning by 20.
Rebels bring mongrel to their play, belting into their tackles and breakdowns as they visualise Clyne, Pulver, and Clarke being on the receiving end. Lots of sore Waratah bodies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Tough views...
3ac644c89912254d507f10ca63b988fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Good to hear Hodge is ok bar a concussion and a cut on the head - that looked quite bad in real time.

Maddocks has done nothing but impress me this season - a real classy footballer who reads the game well.

Great first try by the Waratahs but discipline is letting them down. As I type this Latu's been carded, which, whilst I don't think it was the right call, was inevitable for someone in the sky blue given the penalty count.

That being said, the advantage for the Rebels second penalty went 25+ metres and countless phases. The ref certainly isn't picking up what we're putting down.

Hanigan's been sloppy thus far. Subpar game from him.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hansen could be in trouble here but what the fuck is Dean Mumm doing (if that isn't considered a maul)?

At the same time, "be careful where you put your feet" to Hansen is a bit ridiculous given its foul play.

It doesn't matter what provokes it - if someone isn't releasing the ball you can't punch them in the head so why can you ruck them with your studs?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hooper has also said "I'll speak to them" but he doesn't appear to be saying much when he walks back to the team.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
haha I couldn't stop laughing when Hanson was told off for raking. That was great. Gardner really doesn't like Mumm.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
haha I couldn't stop laughing when Hanson was told off for raking. That was great. Gardner really doesn't like Mumm.

Bit of a ridiculous call in my opinion.

Mafi secures his first Super Rugby try with a quick tap from 5m out. Two things to comment on after this:

+ Volavola can't kick for shit.

+ How the fuck is that Mafi's first try? If he signed with the Hurricanes he'd be on about 10 by now. Amazing player.

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Hooper has also said "I'll speak to them" but he doesn't appear to be saying much when he walks back to the team.
He shouldn't have to. One in the bin and senior players still giving away stupid penalties.
If it was a young guy still learning his trade, you'd understand it but for Mumm, Skelton, Latu, that's just crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.