• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Rebels - Sunday 21 May - Allianz Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebels clearly cant find 23 players who want to take part on Sunday. or they all got injured getting off the team bus.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rebels usually name side 2 days before game, given this is a Sunday afternoon game, the Rebels aren't due to name the team until late tomorrow afternoon.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
A Rebels starting backrow of Timani Mafi McMahon, while packing plenty of firepower, is seriously short of match fitness.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
A Rebels starting backrow of Timani Mafi McMahon, while packing plenty of firepower, is seriously short of match fitness.
I think it's better to start all the players you have fitness/injury concerns for, so that if there is a problem, you're bringing on a player who is at 100% or at least significantly closer to it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
With Skelton starting in the 2nd row for the Tahs having Timani at lock is not a giving away a jumper advantage.

They have actually been using Skelton a little more to receive this year. I doubt the Rebels will ignore him as someone to oppose, though obviously not the main one.

rugbycheersquad

Frank Nicholson (4)
Despite all the pessimism and the extreme likelihood of getting wet, I am glad to be going to the game. My recently moved out 19 year old bought us tickets! Love all the banter at the games.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
With Skelton starting in the 2nd row for the Tahs having Timani at lock is not a giving away a jumper advantage.

They have actually been using Skelton a little more to receive this year. I doubt the Rebels will ignore him as someone to oppose, though obviously not the main one.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I expect a quite ugly game, the Rebels are good at getting turnovers and the Tahs are shit at not giving turnovers. I expect the Tahs to spend far too much time clearing their 22 for most of the game

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 4.00.38 pm.png
Teams up

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Weapon backrow but real weakness at 4,5,10 and 15 won't cut it.

Pair this with the green faces at 11 and 14 and I think the Tahs should take this somewhat easily.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What I am excited to see is Lomax starting at 3. Not so much for him, he's very young to be starting, but it will harden him up for the JRWC and we will get to see just how much potential he will have for the future. Right now he's got the "future Wallaby THP" tag, so I am excited to see how he goes.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
What I am excited to see is Lomax starting at 3. Not so much for him, he's very young to be starting, but it will harden him up for the JRWC and we will get to see just how much potential he will have for the future. Right now he's got the "future Wallaby THP" tag, so I am excited to see how he goes.
Lomax is 21.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.