• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Rebels - Sunday 21 May - Allianz Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Was the best game I have seen Hooper play live.

Was quite impressed with Sione, (Home grown talent that we don't have in Melbourne) 6 tackles, 1 Turn over and 1 missed tackle. 10 runs for 60 meters, 3 clean breaks with 2 offloads.

Quite low penalty count, only 5 for the Rebels and 10 for the Tahs. Most would have been in the first 20 minutes.

Meehan tackling was horrible, I know it's normal for a scrum half to struggle but 10 tackles and 6 missed is not good enough.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
We often hear that rugby's laws allow for a constant contest for the ball. That being so, a decent attempt to catch the opposition's pass should be OK.
A deliberate slap down should be treated the same as a deliberate throw into touch, but give the players a chance to go for the miracle intercept.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Meant to put up here somewhere, is anyone else getting quite impressed with Hooper as captain. He certainly growing on me, especially his sensible comments after the game , I know there will be some spitting the dummy because he doesn't blow wind up the opposition's arse, and he just talks about his own team, and what they are doing as a captain really should!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Meant to put up here somewhere, is anyone else getting quite impressed with Hooper as captain. He certainly growing on me, especially his sensible comments after the game , I know there will be some spitting the dummy because he doesn't blow wind up the opposition's arse, and he just talks about his own team, and what they are doing as a captain really should!

I particularly like the way that the senior players are (somewhat aggressively) holding the younger players to account:

Hooper was clearly filthy with the silly penalties and was right in saying that most of them were caused by simple overeagerness. How hard is it to really take one step back to ensure your onside in the defensive line?

Foley also gave Paddy Ryan a dressing down (it didn't look like Ryan took it too well) after Ryan knocked it on, and seemed to be quite animated at Simone / Horwitz late in the game in telling them what he wanted from them in terms of communication and positioning.

These guys won a premiership only three seasons ago and you can really see that the current state of affairs isn't up to their standard. I'm happy that they're enforcing that upon the wider playing group.

This is probably with the exception of Mumm, who seems to get aroused by giving away stupid ruck penalties.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I particularly like the way that the senior players are (somewhat aggressively) holding the younger players to account:

Hooper was clearly filthy with the silly penalties and was right in saying that most of them were caused by simple overeagerness. How hard is it to really take one step back to ensure your onside in the defensive line?

Foley also gave Paddy Ryan a dressing down (it didn't look like Ryan took it too well) after Ryan knocked it on, and seemed to be quite animated at Simone / Horwitz late in the game in telling them what he wanted from them in terms of communication and positioning.

These guys won a premiership only three seasons ago and you can really see that the current state of affairs isn't up to their standard. I'm happy that they're enforcing that upon the wider playing group.

This is probably with the exception of Mumm, who seems to get aroused by giving away stupid ruck penalties.
The benefits of Ultra-HD and a really big screen, I guess. Still, a little concerned you're focusing on his level of, ahem, arousal. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If there's any sort of handbags or push and shove you can be absolutely certain that Dean Mumm is involved and probably started it.

Maybe he should represent RUPA at the ARU EGM. He'd probably start a fight with the ARU board.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Dean Mumm has blown away the theory of "Bring Back Rucking" to force players holding onto ruck ball to let go.
That's just made one of my t-shirts redundant.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
If there's any sort of handbags or push and shove you can be absolutely certain that Dean Mumm is involved and probably started it.

Maybe he should represent RUPA at the ARU EGM. He'd probably start a fight with the ARU board.
I reckon there's a 100% chance that Dean ends up on the board of the ARU at some point.

Groomed from birth

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yep, I have been critical of his leadership credentials and abilities but I found that pretty damn impressive.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
His behind the line, post try chat was excellent & terrific leadership but the one thing I didn't like, which wasn't shown in that footage, was the first time he was called aside by the ref early in the game when he wanted to put his 2 bobs worth in first. He didn't wait for the ref to accept his request, just started stating his case then turned his back & walked away without even waiting for the ref to reply. Thought that was a touch arrogant and very disrespectful. Don't think someone like Nigel Owens would have copped that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Don't think someone like Nigel Owens would have copped that.

The way we have dealt with Owens in the past hasn't worked whatsoever.

I think Richie McCaw was more assertive with him and the All Blacks seemingly could do no wrong when Owens was refereeing.

I tend to think we need to get more on the front foot with referees.

Status
Not open for further replies.