• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Rebels RD 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

I'd rather try and be positive about what i saw then piss and moan about the called end of australia rugby. Give me a break.

Really? There is positive and then there is absolutely delusional. Part of the problem is an acceptance of that sort of rubbish being dished up by both sides today.

As long as people are 'positive' about that shite, and dont piss and moan about the state of Oz rugby then the Bledisloe is safe in the Kiwi's rather large trophy cabinet - beside the 2016 Super Rugby trophy based on that showing.

Its about time we started pissing and moaning a bit harder IMO.

Reactions: pjm

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
the tahs are a team that can't play for more than 20 minutes this season.

it was such a dire performance the crowd were silent for 60 odd minutes.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Really? There is positive and then there is absolutely delusional. Part of the problem is an acceptance of that sort of rubbish being dished up by both sides today.

As long as people are 'positive' about that shite, and dont piss and moan about the state of Oz rugby then the Bledisloe is safe in the Kiwi's rather large trophy cabinet - beside the 2016 Super Rugby trophy based on that showing.

Its about time we started pissing and moaning a bit harder IMO.

Good call. Fan whinging is definitely all that's holding us back from a decade of Bledisloe dominance.

I'm just glad to see Stirzaker back, hopefully his head bang wasn't too bad. He's approx a billion times better than Meehan. Should be in gold this year.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
I've just watched a recording of the game.

As much as I like the energy that Phipps brings to the team, especially in defence, can we please give Lucas a start?

I am sick of seeing passes at ankle level, at basketball rim level, at 3 paces behind the player being passed to, at nut level, at head level... and sometimes, but rarely at breadbasket level with the player running onto the ball.

This stifles our attack so much that the back line loses rhythm.

#backto2013tahs

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I've just watched a recording of the game.

As much as I like the energy that Phipps brings to the team, especially in defence, can we please give Lucas a start?

I am sick of seeing passes at ankle level, at basketball rim level, at 3 paces behind the player being passed to, at nut level, at head level. and sometimes, but rarely at breadbasket level with the player running onto the ball.

This stifles our attack so much that the back line loses rhythm.

#backto2013tahs

Yeah, that was our problem. Lucas looks OK, but he is gonna get pantsed with his habit of standing over the ball actually out of the ruck flailing his arms at everyone and not watching the ball. Which is out. Of the ruck.
To be honest, I don't think half-back is the big issue currently, so either can start, it won't make a big difference. Now, if we can do something with numbers 1-3, 16-18, 10-15 and various other lolly-gaggers we'll be golden.

G

galumay

Good call. Fan whinging is definitely all that's holding us back from a decade of Bledisloe dominance.

Ok, maybe that was a bit silly! But I am sure you know where I am coming from, just accepting this sort of rubbish and being 'positive' about such terrible rugby by both teams implies we are happy when our teams play like that - surely thats not a message we want to spread?

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah, that was our problem. Lucas looks OK, but he is gonna get pantsed with his habit of standing over the ball actually out of the ruck flailing his arms at everyone and not watching the ball. Which is out. Of the ruck.
To be honest, I don't think half-back is the big issue currently, so either can start, it won't make a big difference. Now, if we can do something with numbers 1-3, 16-18, 10-15 and various other lolly-gaggers we'll be golden.

Absolutely agree with you. I'm just tired of talking about the scrum, the line-out, the handling, the lack of discipline, the scrum, as that has all been done to death in this short period since the start of the season... so I thought I would raise Phipps and his passing woes from last year.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Now I understand why all of the talk out of Sydney has been about Michael Foley and the Force.

It's just been to distract attention away from the pallor state of the Waratahs despite the plethora of Wallabies.

You know it's a problem when Benn Robinson returning to the Front Row is acclaimed as just what the team needs. He had a total of 4 Ruck Involvements in the 1st Half.

And let's not talk about injuries as ALL Super Rugby teams have to handle injuries to key players.

The focus should really be on Gibson and Grey et al and let the Force get on with the task of trying to win more games.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Now I understand why all of the talk out of Sydney has been about Michael Foley and the Force.

It's just been to distract attention away from the pallor state of the Waratahs despite the plethora of Wallabies.

You know it's a problem when Benn Robinson returning to the Front Row is acclaimed as just what the team needs. He had a total of 4 Ruck Involvements in the 1st Half.

And let's not talk about injuries as ALL Super Rugby teams have to handle injuries to key players.

The focus should really be on Gibson and Grey et al and let the Force get on with the task of trying to win more games.
It's a straw man to obfuscate about the Tahs to paper over the real issues with the Force. I don't believe the Force should be relocated, but the fact that the Tahs are crap this year really has nothing to do with that issue. It isn't the Tahs that are behind the Force's woes, despite the conspiracy rhetoric a few would like to peddle. It's simplistic to try and paint it as such.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Ok, maybe that was a bit silly! But I am sure you know where I am coming from, just accepting this sort of rubbish and being 'positive' about such terrible rugby by both teams implies we are happy when our teams play like that - surely thats not a message we want to spread?
I think forum posting is going to have approximately dick all effect on the message and growth of the game in Australia.

There are big problems with Australian rugby at the moment, the biggest of which is hands down the standard of coaching. No coincidence that our Soup winning teams, or even teams that reach the finals, have had good coaches - McKenzie, White, Cheika. Getting Great coaching depth is almost harder to develop than player depth IMO. Where do you start? And now do you start?

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Classy deflection.

Can't trust those pricks "over East" right?

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the game was an enthralling contest , both teams had earmarked the match as a "must win" and I have to say the better team won . The tension in the air was electric in the final 20 minutes . The Rebels have the skill set to improve. tonight's win should see Plugger working on furthering their"belief". The Waratahs to regroup will be a much more potent outfit with Kurtley/Bernard and Izzy all on deck . I think the blooding of the forwards has been a weak link in recent years and it is starting to tell .... can anyone tell me who decides the MOTM at the ground ? ...incredible ,,,,, McMahon seemed to stand out .

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Did Mumm actually get MotM? That's incredible.

Watching the replay now. Lees does make some weird calls but he's got excellent rapport with the players - the boys all look like they're enjoying themselves out there.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It seems like some of Lees issues were communication with his assistants.

Two of the real clangers I saw both happened on the far side of the ruck to Lees. Both times the Rebels played the ball off the ground and got away with it. Those are the things where you would expect the Assistant to get in his ear about, but he either never got the call or ignored it.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Tahs level this season is so worrying. They only beat the Reds twice and then lost all the others games. They have no chances against a NZ side, probably against Blues but the others are stronger

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Strange game, the Tahs looked at times that their systems were starting to settle in; and then there would be another bad pass. Gibson seems to be wanting them t play a skill based faster game, but their skills and work rate simply aren't their at the moment It was quite amazing last couple year of years Carraro was fantastic at getting that last pass to the winger, yesterday it was intercepted

Also the balance in the forwards isn't right, no Nau, Potgeiter, no Kepu, no Douglas; no grunt laden rock lifters to clean out and get go forward. And as Gibson seems to have moved away from the Cheika Pods, the current lot are just too one out. If you don't have big individual go forward, you need someone on your hip driving you through.

The Rebels do what they do what they do, they keep it simple, attack the breakdown, work hard for eachother.

They and the Ponies are the most settled Aus sides and it shows, they will be the top two Aus sides this season.

The Ref? Tahs on the pump, a few metres out, Rebels player totally in the way, he chooses to chastise him verbally and the Rebels end up with the ball WTF?

I think he penalised the attackers ruck more than the defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.