• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Rebels RD 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I can't remember a worse performance of catching and passing by supposedly professional footballers, or for that matter under 12's. I don't know what it is, coaching, concentration, pure lack of ability, but that was so far behind super rugby standard it's hard to see it catching up. Folau had his worst game ever, Horwitz had a shocker, Ta'avao showed he not only can't pass, but can't tackle either, Skelton came on to offer nothing but a couple of knock-ons.

Rebels weren't brilliant (the Chiefs last night is what brilliant looks like) but they were solid in the first half, Debrezcini was a mile better than last week, as was Timani, McMahon and Reid continue to shine, and I thought Smith and Crawford were good. They are just going to have to learn not to try to shut things down with 40 to go, anyone better than the rabble in Blue would have won that in the second half.

For the Tahs it was the usual, Hooper, Holloway, Dempsey and Phipps perhaps the only ones that could hold their heads up, Lousi was a good replacement. The front row was much imporoved on last week. Overall though, they should be really ashamed of that performance.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I can't remember a worse performance of catching and passing by supposedly professional footballers, or for that matter under 12's. I don't know what it is, coaching, concentration, pure lack of ability, but that was so far behind super rugby standard it's hard to see it catching up.
During the match I commented to SWMBO that the Tahs don't look TOO shabby for a team that has not trained together or had any skills coaching. Oh wait.....

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm gobsmacked that Phil Kearns can summarise by saying that the Waratahs "skill level just isn't there".

The Waratahs 23 had 11 Test-experienced players with a total of 374 Tests.

11 Wallabies + 1 All Black, including 3 in the Wallabies starting XV from the RWC Final + 2 off the bench + 2 in the RWC squad.

By comparison the Rebels had 9 Test-experienced players (61 Total Tests); including 2 from the RWC squad, 2 x All Blacks + 1 X IRE.

I suggest that it's more related to the application of the skills that they have obviously proved that they have.

Just like the Western Force, the Rebels and Waratahs have yet to defeat a team above them on the combined ladder.

These results as well as injuries must have Cheika more than a bit concerned.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
At least those who travelled up from Melbourne should be pleased with the result.

Have talked to OzTim and a few of the boys from Sydney are in for a ear full right about now. They must be well pleased his on a flight home tonight.

Wish I made the trip but was never an option.

G

galumay

Rebels played it simple and to their strengths, more of this please OZ teams.

You are taking the piss surely?? They were inept in the first half, only putting 2 tries on against an absolute disgrace of a rabble of a team and then incapable of scoring a single point in the second half - against a side that only played slightly less shite and nearly 'won' the game.

You want more of this rubbish from Oz teams??!! Gawd help us.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
They put pressure on the tahs, took their opportunities and hung tough in the second half. Winning in Sydney for the first time. Sometimes winning rugby isn't pretty and playing shit is part of it. NZ in the 2011 RWC final for example.
I'd rather try and be positive about what i saw then piss and moan about the called end of australia rugby. Give me a break.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I can't remember a worse performance of catching and passing by supposedly professional footballers, or for that matter under 12's. I don't know what it is, coaching, concentration, pure lack of ability, but that was so far behind super rugby standard it's hard to see it catching up. Folau had his worst game ever, Horwitz had a shocker, Ta'avao showed he not only can't pass, but can't tackle either, Skelton came on to offer nothing but a couple of knock-ons.

When teams turn on this sort of stuff week after week, it usually means that there's a slack training environment where near enough is good enough. It flows through all aspects of play - poor discipline, silly penalties, poor catch/pass, attacking alignment poorly timed, scrum under pressure.

It's unravelling fast and after today's loss is past the point of no return for 2016.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Reckon sacking Blades, Taavao and Guilford would be a good start for the tahs, along with saying thanks for your service but bugger off to Cliffy and Dennis. Then think about sacking Gibson if it's not better by the Summer tours.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Reckon sacking Blades, Taavao and Guilford would be a good start for the tahs, along with saying thanks for your service but bugger off to Cliffy and Dennis. Then think about sacking Gibson if it's not better by the Summer tours.

And get who to coach? There is such a surfeit of top-level coaches floating around Australia currently, we'd have rich pickings...........

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Welcome to the Andrew Lees show.

This is the first time that the Tahs have had Lees.

Unfortunately I've experienced him at colts level and also SS level. He must know someone as he's never advanced beyond hopeless. Misses so much and then sees things that aren't there and when in doubt just makes it up.

Stuart Berry has officially been displaced as the worst referee in super rugby.

NB - his incompetance had no impact on today's result. The Waratahs played at the same level he refereed.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Rebels had Guildford picked as a shaky pair of hands and kicked it to him.

Stirkzaker looked great for his time.

McMahon and Reid were so good. Both animals.

Lees fucked up the breakdown for both teams and missed some obvious forward passes. Late in the second half, Rebels on defense, Reid scooped the ball back for a crucial turnover. He was at the bottom of the ruck but somehow got away with it. Some real headscratchers.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.