• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Highlanders 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Mistake ridden? Did you watch Crusaders V Blues? Considering the conditions this game was a veritable show piece for classy wet rugby.

Mate, Blues vs Crusaders was a cracker of a game with some fine moves ending with a spilled ball at the try-line. Different level of intensity to this crap. Blues strung together a 30 phase attack that eventually resulted in a try.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh dear, oh dear. Poor qwerty, so bitter. That's sad man.

Why would I need to deny I'm bitter if I lost someone like Beale. It's a shame he's going there, waste of talent.

I'll call it now but he's the most talented back in world rugby.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Mate, Blues vs Crusaders was a cracker of a game with some fine moves ending with a spilled ball at the try-line. Different level of intensity to this crap. Blues strung together a 30 phase attack that eventually resulted in a try.

I would be interested to compare the handling error count between the two games. It seemed to me that there were a lot more handling mistakes in the Blues/Crusaders game.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
With the Sharks and Bulls playing each other next weekend, the Tahs have a good chance of going through - as long as they can beat the Brumbies. Especially good chance if Bulls lose to the stormers tomorrow.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mistake ridden? Did you watch Crusaders V Blues? Considering the conditions this game was a veritable show piece for classy wet rugby.

Classy? Geez Charger it was a decent win by the Tahs, but with all those mistakes from both sides, other than a few individuals there wasn't alot of class IMO.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Bulls win is good for the reds. But hope to see the tahs topple the brumbies next week and scape in.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Why would I need to deny I'm bitter if I lost someone like Beale. It's a shame he's going there, waste of talent.

I'll call it now but he's the most talented back in world rugby.

If he had a better long passing game maybe.

U

Utility Back

On ya tahs, you have ensured you're finals chances are in your own hands!! Great defense tonight, unreleal beale, such a shame how injuries have crippled there season.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maybe i'm oversimplifying it, but studying at Cambridge is something that notionally can be done as a 40 year old, playing at lock for the Wallabies is not.

Not if you want to use the degree to build a career. He's already accumulated a truck load of Wallaby caps. Anything from here on is a bonus.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
For all the crap that carter gets given, by me included, he is really the only tah that makes the gain line and takes the ball on the burst.

Beale was Ridonkculous... yep that good.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
On ya tahs, you have ensured you're finals chances are in your own hands!! Great defense tonight, unreleal beale, such a shame how injuries have crippled there season.

I think at full strength the 'Tahs would have been close to the best in the tournament. They did well tonight with close to a full strength forward contingent (no Kepu, Waugh only playing one half, and I think Palu, but I saw him on the field after I thought he'd left). With a full contigent of backs (Mitchell, Horne, Barnes with a full head about him) they would be definate contenders come the finals.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The handling was pretty poor, BUT the Tahs were offensive in defence. It was the best defensive display from them since round 2. Taking into account that they are the number 2 defensive side (not only in tries & point conceded) in the comp that is a big call. Even with the holes the 'Landers found the scrambling defensive was still strong and dominant. Some of th "Landers handling issues came from them looking for the next Tahs missile. Significantly it was just TPN, Timani and Palu, it was also Baxter, Robo, Hangers, Carter and Pakalani hitting hard and driving through.

The hanlding from the Tahs is an issue because they haven't played a wide game all year. This is their second week and as much as they dropped the ball their execution was much better than last week and their attack line was much closer to the advantage line.

All in all a very good effort, and is a great example of what I have been saying all year, execute the basics halfway well and the result will follow (and so will the fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.