• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Who is reffing? Please don't say Steve Walsh.

Waratah Jesus, calm down a bit. The Brumbies were woeful last year and copped a lot of shite.

I remember last season Tahs fans jumping on the Brumbies 2011 thread saying "season over- thread closed", lucky us Brumbies are much nicer guys.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
WJ,

if Foley/Barnes do have free rein on the back of a flowing forward pack you will indeed have a great day I expect, with Barnes having a field day. But yes, I expect the Brumbies back row will be working very hard to spoil that party!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Waratahs set to field new halves pairing of Grayson Hart and Bernard Foley for clash with Brumbies
274934-grayson-hart.jpg

Shock starter ... Hart is set to be handed the Tahs' No.9 jersey on Saturday night. Source: Paul Seiser Photography / Supplied
Grayson Hart, who kept All Blacks halfback Aaron Smith on the bench in the New Zealand under-20s side, is set to be a shock selection at No.9 for New South Wales Waratahs against the Brumbies this weekend.

The Shute Shield player is likely to partner Bernard Foley in one of the least experienced halves pairings for NSW since the early days of Super Rugby.
Their selections also mean a switch to centre for Berrick Barnes after having had two successive man-of-the-match performances for the Wallabies at five-eighth.
Brumbies centre Pat McCabe, who partnered Barnes in the Wallabies midfield but will directly oppose him on Saturday night, was amazed by the playmaker's ability to deal with his son's premature birth and lead Australia to victory over Wales.
"It was a difficult time with what was going on back in Sydney, and he was outstanding, getting man-of-the-match in two out of three Tests," McCabe said. "We're very aware he can play equally well at No.12."
Hart's expected start ahead of NSW's regulars Sarel Pretorius and Brendan McKibbin comes after he played for Southern Districts against Eastwood last weekend.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The 24-year-old trained with the Waratahs on Monday and despite nursing a hand injury is expected to be fit to make his NSW debut at ANZ Stadium.
Hart, the nephew of former All Blacks coach John Hart, does have experience at Super Rugby level. He was the youngest halfback to play for the Blues when, as a 20-year-old, he featured in seven Super 14 games in 2009.
Nevertheless, it is a long time between drinks and additionally difficult when the five-eighth, Foley, has never started in that key position in Super Rugby.
"If you have that direct communication between yourself and the No.9 you'll go a long way in achieving your overall objective," Foley said.
"There is that unfamiliarity, but with that is excitement."
Hart was a member of the victorious 2008 New Zealand under-20s team alongside All Blacks Sam Whitelock, Zac Guildford and Smith, who was his back-up.
Hart and Smith have taken vastly different roads since, with the former struggling after an early initiation at the Blues and finding his way to Sydney.
Smith worked through the New Zealand system, became a regular starter at the Highlanders this year and cemented the All Blacks halfback position with three outstanding performances against Ireland last month.
Foley, who has been playing at fullback for the Waratahs, said Barnes could still call the shots: "He is still allowed to be the dominant playmaker ... It's probably going to help Berrick play a bit more ad-lib."

Hart? Why? What does he bring?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Team announced on SMH, still waiting for official Tahs release

SMH said:
Waratahs: Adam Ashley-Cooper, Lachie Turner, Rob Horne, Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell, Bernard Foley, Grayson Hart, Wycliff Palu, Chris Alcock, Dave Dennis, Kane Douglas, Dean Mumm, Sekope Kepu, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson. Reserves: Josh Mann-Rae, Paddy Ryan, Sitaleki Timani, Lopeti Timani, Brendan McKibbin, Tom Carter, Tom Kingston.

WTF no Sarel?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good to see that Paddy Ryan is healthy again.

Is John Ulugia injured or have they decided that Josh Mann-Rae is now the preferred reserve hooker?

I am guessing that the selections of Hart and Mann-Rae might have more to do with 2013 contracts than who the Tahs consider the best 22 players right now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Hart? Why? What does he bring?

Being an ex Little Darknesser, is Hart available for selection in the Men in Gold, or has that door been shut due to Jnr RWC representation? Follow on question, is he registered as a Marquee player for the 'Tahs?

Hmmm Grayson - Grey Son - Grey = partially Dark - little black - Little Darknesser - I could have some fun with this lads name and background.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Can't wait to see what you do with Mann-Rae

I am really hoping Uncle Manu and others have recognised the awesome potential of a young fella from Narrabeen from recent U16 State Champs - Greg Steele-Mills. Can't wait. Carn the Rats.:)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I have had a brain snap of Matt Dunning proportions. Early in the year I bought myself and the young family tickets to this. Now we actually have to go. :(

Any advice about taking a car? I can't imagine it will be too packed.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
This is slightly off topic but there is a commander of a US Aircraft Carrier with the name; Commander Flex Plexico.

That is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.