• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Qwerty you can't deny that the simple knock on by the Foley and the dropped ball by Timani in the last 5 minutes is pretty terrible, they are simple mistakes.

Maybe people are right about the Tahs S&C, the Tahs fine motor skills like coordination did seem to degrade by the last quarter of the match.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That makes it even worse!
Indeed it does.
In no way making excuses, but the Tahs are not rubbish; they have some fundamental issues with decision-making at critical times, and execution especially in the last quarter. Bruce talks to poor S&C and I defer to his better knowledge on that.
They have flattered to deceive a little by being mostly competitive with most opponents for large parts of games. Set pieces have been pretty good, defence good, breakdown variable (problem area) and attack stilted (bigger problem). But opponents seem to know what to do in the last 10-20 minutes to keep them down, and the Tahs seem not to know how to change things.
So, there is hope for next year and onwards, but some big changes in the way they go about things, rather than personnel on the park, have to be implemented.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Indeed it does.
In no way making excuses, but the Tahs are not rubbish; they have some fundamental issues with decision-making at critical times, and execution especially in the last quarter. Bruce talks to poor S&C and I defer to his better knowledge on that.
They have flattered to deceive a little by being mostly competitive with most opponents for large parts of games. Set pieces have been pretty good, defence good, breakdown variable (problem area) and attack stilted (bigger problem). But opponents seem to know what to do in the last 10-20 minutes to keep them down, and the Tahs seem not to know how to change things.
So, there is hope for next year and onwards, but some big changes in the way they go about things, rather than personnel on the park, have to be implemented.
I know. The Tahs have decent players. The set piece is good but they can't win. They are the Force of the east coast.

I think there is something to Bruce's thoughts on their S&C.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The concern for the Tahs, is how do you overcome the mental anguish of all those close defeats.

The Force were in a similar pattern through 2010 and 11. I don't recommend their method of overcoming the problem by just losing by more.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I know. The Tahs have decent players. The set piece is good but they can't win. They are the Force of the east coast.

So do I. Not that the organisation would ever admit it. It is telling that they fall off so much in latter parts of games.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

I know that Bruce isn't the representative of Uni, but he is close to the inner sanctum and by all accounts is very au fait with the S&C aspects of the Uni programme. Isn't there a rather frosty relationship between Uni and Moore Park?

If that is the case, then wouldn't there would be a prejudice against implementing any good ideas from Uni/Bruce re S&C?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Jake dropped an interesting stat in the post-match presser:

The Brumbies have not conceded a point in the last 20 minutes for nine straight games. How about that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Jake dropped an interesting stat in the post-match presser:

The Brumbies have not conceded a point in the last 20 minutes for nine straight games. How about that.

Conversely, have the 'Tahs scored a point in the last 20 minutes?:)

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
job done... a good hard win by the Brumbies... All the Tahs Wallabies weren't enough tonight... Brumbies go to the semis after leading the Australian conference all season... Well done lads...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
job done. a good hard win by the Brumbies. All the Tahs Wallabies weren't enough tonight. Brumbies go to the semis after leading the Australian conference all season. Well done lads.

Not just yet buddy.......

1 more competition point will guarantee that though.......

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
If the reds win against that tahs with a bonus point (unlikely) that takes them to 58.

If the Brumbies lose to the blues (unlikely) without any bonus points that leaves them on 58 points.

Then it comes down to win loss ratio and not points difference and the reds will top the conference.

*edit* ^^^ sheesh, I type too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.