• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs guilty of ball watching at the ruck. Not for the first time.

Mowen was alert.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brumbies win. 19 to 15. Impressively the Brumbies seemed to do that on scraps. Well done to them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well doesn't that just rot your socks off.

Ponies win in Sydney for 1st time in 10 years.

That will be put down as one that got away. Credit to the Mountain Men for holding out and defending well.

"Tahs have no one else to blame but themselves.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
One worrying thing for Brumbies fans must be how flat they looked in that game. Maybe it was just nerves in an important game. They got the win they needed and should go on to clinch the Aus conference next week. Hope the Brumbies pick it up again for the finals.

A more positive performance form the Tahs but an all too familiar result. Best thing to come out of the game was the performance of young Ryan at prop, thought he had an excellent game. Barnes looked good at 12 but the understanding among the backline still needs a lot of work. Very disappointed with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s attempted tackle for the try out wide.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Probably the best result for the Australian conference. The Brumbies were pretty ordinary, I think they're too inexperienced to handle pressure situations well at this point in time. They were fortunate they were up against the Tahs and not a top NZ of SA side. The Tahs need some fitness, silly dropped ball at the end.

I was happy enough with the Tahs. Hart was good for a debut. Foley at 10 was pretty good but as a running fly half he was at the bottom of a ruck
quite a lot. I think the Hart/Foley combo is promising.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Tahs are terrible.

Yes but there were enough patches of good play there to entice sad tragic long suffering fools such as your humble correspondent back for more next season, knowing full well that the wheels will fall off the "tah wagon about round 10 in season 2013, and 2014, and ....

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Yes but there were enough patches of good play there to entice sad tragic long suffering fools such as your humble correspondent back for more next season, knowing full well that the wheels will fall off the "tah wagon about round 10 in season 2013, and 2014, and ..
Have to respect the suffering of the willing. I really do feel for you lot. Still, how Foley got reappointed is beyond me.

T

TOCC

The last 10minutes of that game pretty much summarised the Tahs season..

Individual brilliance and a solid set piece let down by a lack of team cohesion or understanding, errant kicks and poor handling.... oh and TPN going off injured

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Bit rich coming from a Rebels fan whose mob lost twice to the Tahs
What do the Rebels have to do with anything? They've been largely terrible this year as well, absolutely dire at times, no doubt. Strawman aside, did you actually disagree with my post?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What do the Rebels have to do with anything? They've been largely terrible this year as well, absolutely dire at times, no doubt. Strawman aside, did you actually disagree with my post?

Yes I disagree, I don't think they're terrible. They lost by 4 after all to the 3rd best side in the competition. I expected better so they didn't play that well but I don't see how they were terrible?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes but there were enough patches of good play there to entice sad tragic long suffering fools such as your humble correspondent back for more next season, knowing full well that the wheels will fall off the "tah wagon about round 10 in season 2013, and 2014, and ..
That's now seven (I think) they've lost by 6 or less this year, including 3 or 4 by 1 point.
While the Tahs have not been anywhere near where they should have been, it must be as much psychological as anything else that they cannot find the little extra in many games to be on the other side of the ledger.
Unfortunately, now when it gets close, I expect them to falter. It looks like they expect it too. I don't doubt the effort they are putting in.
They have the players to be at the other end of the table.
The coaching team better find enlightenment in the off-season.
From tonight, positives included Barnes, TPN, Douglas and Robinson, with Dennis not bad. Paddy Ryan stood up well in Kepu's absence and gave Alexander a real touch-up. I like Foley at 10, Barnes at 12, and that combo might look good in 2013. The backs were awfully disjointed though, with little fluency in attack, despite trying to play some footy.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The Tahs have been terrible.

Tahs have won 4 from 14 (with two of those being the Rebels). What's that, a 28% win rate?

The Rebels have beaten better teams for the same number of wins.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TPN showed why Deans starts him, he's the best ball running forward we have.

The Tahs have been terrible.

Tahs have won 4 from 14 (with two of those being the Rebels). What's that, a 28% win rate?

The Rebels have beaten better teams for the same number of wins.

The Tahs are a lot more competitive in their matches though, they've been close in almost all of them but can't get the win. That's not a terrible side, a poor one. The head2head says it all, Rebels weren't close in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.