• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
You've obviously seen him play a fair bit whereas I've only seen some YouTube highlights but I would be very reluctant to try and move him to a different position.

We're crying out for guys over 100kg who can play in the backline. If he's got the skills and athleticism to play in the centres at 105kg then surely his best pathway to the Wallabies is staying there.
I agree, I'd try and keep him there. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up elsewhere is all I'm saying. I would have said the same thing about SBW when he was 18 and been proven very wrong.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
The skeptical bastard in me thinks that if Freddie Fittler's kid was good enough he'd be playing League e.g. Edmed.
That’s where I’m at tbh.

But, I could also see him having had a chat to those around him and it being said his attributes suit Rugby over League. In League I think he’d have to play Lock which might not be on the cards.

A lot more jobs being an inside back in Rugby in Aus.

We will see if he can compete as an adult, being a 105kg kid can mean that basic skills have been neglected as they could bash 99% of kids
Seen him play for a while. He has skills on top of a physique that’s been built by very good programs tbh and the fact his genes are pretty good. Freddy was a big unit when he burst onto the scene at Penrith as a kid.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The whole player drain could be an advantage for nabbing these kids early on. You know - longer career, (slightly) less likely to get brain melting CTE injuries and plenty of equally or more lucrative options once you starting attracting France of Japan money.

Steve_Grey

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That’s where I’m at tbh.

But, I could also see him having had a chat to those around him and it being said his attributes suit Rugby over League. In League I think he’d have to play Lock which might not be on the cards.

A lot more jobs being an inside back in Rugby in Aus.

Seen him play for a while. He has skills on top of a physique that’s been built by very good programs tbh and the fact his genes are pretty good. Freddy was a big unit when he burst onto the scene at Penrith as a kid.
Seen him play - passing skills need to be worked on - very much a bash through the middle guy, except he has a phenominal step once he overcomes his weight inertia - very difficult to stop at pace.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Seen him play - passing skills need to be worked on - very much a bash through the middle guy, except he has a phenominal step once he overcomes his weight inertia - very difficult to stop at pace.
It's a big brutal step, not quite that of his Dad but not dissimilar. We need a few more of the bash over the advantage line guys in Rugby here.

The finer skills can be worked on and I hope that's the idea of his contract type.. He has played every position in the backline for the Scots 1st XV over three years (maybe no 10) which I think is a positive but 12 is his spot in senior Rugby