• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

wamberal99

Bob Loudon (25)
Watched the game. Knocked over a few from out wide on both sides and conditions weren't ideal. Some regulation stuff between the 15s from within 40m as well.

Compared to a couple he fluffed from the same positions on a dry night in Sydney, miles better.
I have seen a couple of shockers from him in club rugby, of course. Sounds like he must have been getting some coaching.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Darby Loudon (17)
What are GAGRS thoughts on Gibbs v Bowen? Who do we think is better, Gibbs' kicking game is outstanding, but a lot of people rate Bowen more.

Who is more suited to pro footy?

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Good work Edmed but this is what we should expect from Super players playing at a level down. Keen to see him replicate it at Super level.
He did it against a team that is yet to win a game (dead last on the table) and has leaked over 290 points in 6 games, so not exactly NPC standard let alone SRP (Super Rugby Pacific). Good on him for taking his opportunity, although NH has also only won 2 games.
Always saw him as a solid inside centre option though. Can take it to the line or pass effectively.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
All the 10s look military medium (like the rest of the country's IMHO)

So we need to provide whoever is selected the best platform and as basic a gameplan we can so his mediocre skills are maximised

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
He did it against a team that is yet to win a game (dead last on the table) and has leaked over 290 points in 6 games, so not exactly NPC standard let alone SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific). Good on him for taking his opportunity, although NH has also only won 2 games.
Always saw him as a solid inside centre option though. Can take it to the line or pass effectively.
I get the double maker style but I personally hate it. Think you need to punch over the line first.

Hopefully some squad pressure for jobs can push some military mediums to above average. Still, need to piggies to lay a platform or it doesn't matter who's out there.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
What are GAGRS thoughts on Gibbs v Bowen? Who do we think is better, Gibbs' kicking game is outstanding, but a lot of people rate Bowen more.

Who is more suited to pro footy?
a crazy comment maybe, but i wouldnt mind seeing the two blues 10 get a full pre-season with tahs and see what he can do. i believe a lot of his stats were better than bowen and gibbs this year and he was in the run for catchpole medal before injury as well as top point scorer. still 23 i think as well

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
a crazy comment maybe, but i wouldnt mind seeing the two blues 10 get a full pre-season with tahs and see what he can do. i believe a lot of his stats were better than bowen and gibbs this year and he was in the run for catchpole medal before injury as well as top point scorer. still 23 i think as well
Are you referring to Reece Suesue?

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
When I checked on the NRL match between the Roosters and Sea Eagles on Saturday night, they were pointing out that Sua'ali'i was 27 from 27 shots at goal at Allianz Stadium. That's a handy bonus.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
When I checked on the NRL match between the Roosters and Sea Eagles on Saturday night, they were pointing out that Sua'ali'i was 27 from 27 shots at goal at Allianz Stadium. That's a handy bonus.
his overall stats aren't actually that impressive with a 70% success rate.

1727088882027.png

see also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/1fexqii
Also - such a simple thing but its amazing that you can just go onto the NRL website and find the stat you want.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Posted this in the Northern Hemisphere thread also - Alex Newsomes try for Clermont

Note: you have to watch on Youtube, embedding not allowed.

Which got me thinking that a Waratahs Old Boys.. Alumni.. whatever you want to call it team vs. the current team would be a fun watch. Be a pretty handy roster of players kicking around. Newsome, Maddocks, Skelton, Foley, Staniforth, Simmons, Hanigan, Perese, Swinton, Holloway, Harrison, Dempsey...

... and all the others still in Super, Horton, Robertson, Donaldson, Williams, Beale...etc...

Last edited: