• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
The rumour that RA was blocking the deal may have more creedence now that it has happened. At very least shows there was something in the works. It going public may have been the pressure needed, maybe the tahs re-signing Reilly was the enough to get it moving, or maybe the decision was made that Sua'ali'i was going to spend most of next year in the back 3 and that was going to force Pietsch out of the 23.

We can't really know from the outside, but this doesn't do anything to dispell the rumour that RA were blocking the transfer, it only shows that they're not anymore.
No it doesn't. It just says that there were negotiations.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Look Christy seems pretty confident and while I get that he's not everyone's favourite journalist I really doubt he's making things up:

How accurate or truthful his source was might be a different story, but he does seem to get plenty of quality leaked to him.
He probably isn't making things up. On the other hand, the Waratahs were under no obligation to release him, and it would be a bad optic to release a player ad lib just to satisfy the desires of a contracted player. It's entirely possible that the Waratahs were sympathetic to the move, but needed to make sure they had filled his spot on the roster, which came in the form of the re-signing of Triston Reilly during the week.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He probably isn't making things up. On the other hand, the Waratahs were under no obligation to release him, and it would be a bad optic to release a player ad lib just to satisfy the desires of a contracted player. It's entirely possible that the Waratahs were sympathetic to the move, but needed to make sure they had filled his spot on the roster, which came in the form of the re-signing of Triston Reilly during the week.
Sure, I don't think there's any blame for the tahs in this (at least there isn't from me). The report was that RA blocked it, and while the tahs are ultimately part of RA I don't believe them saying no would be reported as RA blocking it, more the tahs saying no.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Iv'e heard this before.

I am confident it can be better than previous versions of this show as we have some experience ahead of the youth in stead of hoping 3 kids will somehow lead us to greatness. We don't have to just throw Bowen to the wolves and keep him out there if it goes to shit. Creighton has been around the block and you can throw him on the field. Really hope this a reset for Edmed. Never thought he's going to be a show stopper but he's certainly playing well over in NZ.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
More concerned about the pigs providing a proper platform and the units then leveraging that platform

but Edmed must be enjoying having units running hard into space and giving him options

WoodysRFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good work Edmed but this is what we should expect from Super players playing at a level down. Keen to see him replicate it at Super level.
By that same token, Strachan has been going well for Southland, NPC is wee bit of a step down from Super. Edmed playing the house down is a good sign though.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Edmed was at 83% this Super Rugby season, just below Lolesio (85%). Those two were pretty clearly the best goal kickers domestically this year

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Depends a bit on the difficulty of the kicks.

Watched the game. Knocked over a few from out wide on both sides and conditions weren't ideal. Some regulation stuff between the 15s from within 40m as well.

Compared to a couple he fluffed from the same positions on a dry night in Sydney, miles better.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Watched the game. Knocked over a few from out wide on both sides and conditions weren't ideal. Some regulation stuff between the 15s from within 40m as well.

Compared to a couple he fluffed from the same positions on a dry night in Sydney, miles better.
Something something executing under pressure...