• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
any good?
He's made the Australian U18s squad. My son has been playing in the same age group all through school, often against him so I have watched a fair bit of him. You wouldn't say he's the best player in the GPS system but he makes an impact. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the back row, or even hooker.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
He's made the Australian U18s squad. My son has been playing in the same age group all through school, often against him so I have watched a fair bit of him. You wouldn't say he's the best player in the GPS system but he makes an impact. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the back row, or even hooker.
Who is the best player? And I presume they've been signed to league already?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
In the Sydney GPS system? Probably either Angus Grover (halfback, riverview) or Toby Brial (8/lock, scots). Don't know about Grover but I assume Brial will stick with rugby. Another standout would be Makasini from Newington, I think he was signed with an NRL club early. Going forward, Isaac Fonua from Kings is in year 11 and in the Aus U18s squad. No idea what his plans are.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fittler is a 12. He's built like a tank which I don't actually think he needs to get much bigger as he was a bit nippier in yr 10 when he was the Scots Fullback. I hope he gets a decent amount of Club Rugby in him because he's been splitting it till now with League but they seem to have moved on from him. Was picked in the GPS 3rd XV this year so I'm sure a few people shrugging their shoulders but having watched a lot of their footy it was probably more on how his team was going than his ability.

Fonua at Kings is a great prospect at 8 long term but can play second row at that level. Brial is a workhorse and big athletic unit. Will be better than his brother at the Reds I think.

I'd say Grover would play Rugby, if league came looking he might be a dummy half but I don't know if he any history playing it. His brother is in the NSW 19s this year as well on the Wing (Liam). He's a very good goal kicking 9. He and Fonua are in year 11 so what they play like this time next year should be impressive.

Onitoni Large for me is the genuine freak. Sadly I think the Tigers have him on the books but the kids a gem. Captained the NSW 16s last year I believe. https://www.zerotackle.com/over-12-teams-show-interest-in-wests-tigers-junior-211346/

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
In the Sydney GPS system? Probably either Angus Grover (halfback, riverview) or Toby Brial (8/lock, scots). Don't know about Grover but I assume Brial will stick with rugby. Another standout would be Makasini from Newington, I think he was signed with an NRL club early. Going forward, Isaac Fonua from Kings is in year 11 and in the Aus U18s squad. No idea what his plans are.
It’s Marshall Le Maitre for sure

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
any good?
Have not watched him personally but have mates who have seen him and he fits the mould of a strong 12 with some good skills. Certainly a type we could use.
I like the sound of "elite development" insofar as it sounds like they will bring him along at a sensible pace rather than dropping him into something too quickly. Hopefully. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the back row, or even hooker.

You've obviously seen him play a fair bit whereas I've only seen some YouTube highlights but I would be very reluctant to try and move him to a different position.

We're crying out for guys over 100kg who can play in the backline. If he's got the skills and athleticism to play in the centres at 105kg then surely his best pathway to the Wallabies is staying there.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
It’s Marshall Le Maitre for sure
Another great talent. A 7 with the leg speed/line break ability that looks like a Hooper Type.

His body will need a few years to fill out as he isn't the biggest unit going around even in comparison to Durbidge currently with the Tahs 19s who has that grown man size.

I wouldn't be surprised to him with the 7s program immediately.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
Another great talent. A 7 with the leg speed/line break ability that looks like a Hooper Type.

His body will need a few years to fill out as he isn't the biggest unit going around even in comparison to Durbidge currently with the Tahs 19s who has that grown man size.

I wouldn't be surprised to him with the 7s program immediately.
I think despite his size he’s proved far and away a standout this year being GPS and Gen Blue captain, leading GPS try scorer and leading Shore to an outright premiership

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I like the sound of "elite development" insofar as it sounds like they will bring him along at a sensible pace rather than dropping him into something too quickly. Hopefully. ;)
Yeah, we should wait until at least round 3 next year before calling him up.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's why I think he could go straight into 7s while he develops which will come naturally.

He might have played above his size now but suddenly against the grade guys or pre-seasons with a guys like Gamble, Leota, Gleeson in the back row it can be a stretch too far right now but he'll get there.