• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2025

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
Waratahs. Pick a coach, for Christs’s sake. What player wants to commit to a wooden spoon side when they don’t know the coaches for next year. How embarrassing.
I'd say the options available aren't good enough. Maybe they are looking for a sponsor to bankroll a better candidate.

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
I'd say the options available aren't good enough. Maybe they are looking for a sponsor to bankroll a better candidate.
Maybe, but they have had all year, knowing that Coleman had lost the troups and performances and game plan wasn’t bringing results? Cheika is looking for a role. The fact that he is not being considered or is not interested is a worry. He’s the man that can turn them around again.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe, but they have had all year, knowing that Coleman had lost the troups and performances and game plan wasn’t bringing results? Cheika is looking for a role. The fact that he is not being considered or is not interested is a worry. He’s the man that can turn them around again.
But the thing is, did he actually lose the troops? Or is this just what gets put out to soften the blow that he really lost the management team - they're the ones that decided he wouldn't be extended past this year.

I get it if he was sacked before the end of his term, but when a coach finishes out it's a different story.

snoopycatchicken

Stan Wickham (3)
My guess is that he is interested as a backup if he does not get the Eels head coach role.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
But the thing is, did he actually lose the troops? Or is this just what gets put out to soften the blow that he really lost the management team - they're the ones that decided he wouldn't be extended past this year.

I get it if he was sacked before the end of his term, but when a coach finishes out it's a different story.
He didn’t lose the troops he was pretty popular with the playing group.
That‘s not to say they thought he was the worlds best coach though.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, I wasn't saying that. There's a difference between not getting results and losing the players (, which I think others were saying)

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
I think he did lose the players …. and don’t think coaches saw eye to eye in the end. Although results will do this. There is zero culture there. Big job to turn it around for a new coaching team… when they actually get one!

BobbyD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jon Geddes in Rugby News reporting today that Holloway is off next season to either France or US. I would have thought he'd be a keeper in our current dilemma? Can't blame him I suppose if not in the Wallabies wider squad.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Jon Geddes in Rugby News reporting today that Holloway is off next season to either France or US. I would have thought he'd be a keeper in our current dilemma? Can't blame him I suppose if not in the Wallabies wider squad.
As in 2024?

Thought he already had a Tahs contract and Wallaby top-up through 2025? Maybe released to facilitate a Rebels player?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I wouldn't take that swap. Holloway is invaluable to us in his ability to cover backrow and lock and was one of very few performing players in our side.
Yes, that's fair. My comment was based on the assumption that Jed was gone, I rate him highly and hope he's still with us. It was meant more as an endorsement of signing Leota.

Agent

Darby Loudon (17)

Gee that would be a shame. Just about our most consistent forward over the past couple of years and I think genuine captaincy material.

BobbyD

Allen Oxlade (6)
As in 2024?

Thought he already had a Tahs contract and Wallaby top-up through 2025? Maybe released to facilitate a Rebels player?

From the article:

Holloway's next destination is yet to be finalised, with the main options being the US and France.
"It's a new challenge which is nerve wracking but I am excited for it," he said.
"I'm really happy they have allowed me to go out on my terms, as opposed to linger here when my contract is up, want to stay and I am not wanted."

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
From the article:

Holloway's next destination is yet to be finalised, with the main options being the US and France.
"It's a new challenge which is nerve wracking but I am excited for it," he said.
"I'm really happy they have allowed me to go out on my terms, as opposed to linger here when my contract is up, want to stay and I am not wanted."
So leaving NSW no matter what, even though he has an existing contract in hand?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

His wife is American isn't she? I remember something about that when he returned to the Tahs. So the US seems a solid possibility.