• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2023

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think the three trials, with the training during the week, will actually be better. The lineout was really bad vs the Reds, I think we lost about five on our own throw.
Geez mate, I thought the Red line out was mostly overcome by the Tahs. Yeah there was a few each way against the throw but I think the Tahs had it.
I think the three trials, with the training during the week, will actually be better. The lineout was really bad vs the Reds, I think we lost about five on our own throw. Additionally, the Reds made big yards close to the ruck off set play and their offloading game just killed us.
Here I agree. Though in tight it was a close win to the Tahs.

Training through to R1 is going to be so important.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Wonder if Warren-Vosayaco plays and lights up some tahs. Show the coaches
I can see why we've moved on from him given we have too many backrowers (although I remain unconvinced by Harris).

But surely someone like the Rebels or Force could have used a big number 8?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I can see why we've moved on from him given we have too many backrowers (although I remain unconvinced by Harris).

But surely someone like the Rebels or Force could have used a big number 8?
Maybe the biggest (fixable) problem in Australian rugby. I wonder whether Eyebrows will try to get some power over the allocation of players to franchises.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Wouldn't that be revolutionary. Let's see: a Tah five-eight goes to Canberra in exchange for a second-rower fer starters.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)

“It’s always been a dream of mine to play for the Wallabies and to wear the gold jersey,” he said on Monday.

“Growing up as a youngster, seeing all those great players. Even here, Michael Hooper. That would be a great goal of mine to become a Wallaby.

“Our grandma’s Scottish and we’re all really proud of Sione that he’s representing part of our heritage.

“But I’m backing gold. Obviously he’s my brother and that’s my blood and I’m always going to support him but I was born in Australia and I’m always going to support the Wallabies.”

Tuipulotu is presently behind Wallabies pair Lalakai Foketi and Izaia Perese in the Waratahs’ midfield pecking order, but assistant coach Chris Whitaker has huge raps on the versatile centre who is equally at home in the 12 or 13 jumpers.

“The last couple of years he’s had a couple of injuries that have slowed his progress but this year he’s been on the field every day and his progress has just been immense,” Whitaker said.

“So I’m expecting big things from him probably soon.”

Whitaker said the exciting prospect had a skill set that’s the envy of teammates.

“He’s really good on his feet, a really balanced runner and he used to play halfback when he was young so his passing skills are exceptional. He’s got a good, long pass on him too.

“So it’s just time in the saddle. Last year in Shute Shield he got games back to back and he improved with every game and we’ve seen this year in pre-season he hasn’t missed a beat and he just gets better and better.

“If he keeps doing what he’s doing, I’m sure he’s not too far away (from Waratahs and Wallabies selection). That’s for sure.”

Alex Ross (28)
44D25F4F-7A63-4FCA-926C-84594775DA07.jpeg

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Looks like he’ll be a handfull in the SS. They could very well be starting 9. Wilson 10. Bowen 12. Tuipulotu.

A lot of potential here but you’re right @fatprop hes down the pecking order right now but there will be resting at points through the season without injury lay offs as well.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I think Wilson will be a good half back in time and there’s every chance he is the starter post RWC. Still young and will benefit from playing as much SS as possible.

Goddard has all the talent in the world but has not had his development managed well at all. He’s a bit of an unknown at Super level regardless of his time with the Rebels. DC has won with him at Gordon and LA so hopefully he knows how to use him best.

Don’t know if the Tahs have a 4th Halfback on the books. I’m sure they have a depth chart with someone in mind but I don’t know who it is.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Goddard was good for Aus U20s a few years ago. As Raelene says above, Super Rugby development hasn’t been great. Think he will be good though, was quick to the breakdown v Reds. I guess he’s a similar style player to Gordon.