• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2023

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
He's our Laumape Ngani. I hope he can stay injury free for a looooong time
No, he's our Mosese Tuipulotu. Different player entirely, probably more skillful than Laumape though it is VERY early days, but less of a kamikaze missile. Tuipulotu may only play trials this year, but if injuries hit the centres I am very confident he will step up seamlessly.

Under the new coaching team we are building real depth in all positions. Even at lock I feel we are starting to get some depth.

Our task now is to start playng with effective gameplans. That has to be the focus for the next few weeks.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
No, he's our Mosese Tuipulotu. Different player entirely, probably more skillful than Laumape though it is VERY early days, but less of a kamikaze missile. Tuipulotu may only play trials this year, but if injuries hit the centres I am very confident he will step up seamlessly.
Don't bother for that mention. Actually, you have said that he's more skillful than Laumape and I say nothing about it

Alex Ross (28)
I don't get the sort of snide down-playing of a player like Tuipulotu in a roster. Sounds like a good option behind 2 good incumbents. And I like to hear a guy committing to Aus rugby - he wants to represent, and is ambitious. What's not to like?
I’d be happy to see Mosese get a run in the centres with Perese at wing while Pietsch is out. I rate Perese tackle busting ability and big hits. I don’t rate his work at centre.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
May as well since it ends up on the players Instagrams anyway.

I’d be happy to see Mosese get a run in the centres with Perese at wing while Pietsch is out. I rate Perese tackle busting ability and big hits. I don’t rate his work at centre.
I like this idea. Perese would be a hand full on the wing. Get him some ball 1v1 inside the 22 and let him do his thing.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I like the idea - but give it mroe creedence if you don't tell the world about it.
Certainly but if you have a big stadium in the middle of Moore Park shared with other teams in a city with millions of inhabitans in the heart of Sports journalism is almost impossible to hide it

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Predicted starting XV for round 1 and we have STRONG impact players as Nadolo, Latu and Tuipulotu:

20230216-072658.jpg

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I am pretty comfortable in calling there's no chance of Gamble and Hooper playing together against the Brumbies. Swinton in for Gamble. They might finish together but wouldn't start.

Also Pietsch is definitely out round 1, so either Nadolo or Jorgenson - probably Jorgenson.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I am pretty comfortable in calling there's no chance of Gamble and Hooper playing together against the Brumbies. Swinton in for Gamble. They might finish together but wouldn't start.
So we have 4 battering rams to destroy Brumbies defence in second half: Nadolo, Gamble, Latu and Tuipulotu

battering-rams-ancient-roman-warfare-HRP5-P3.jpg