• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2023

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I probably favour Loane, but Gavin was good, missed a fair bit of time through injury as I recall. Kefu was a devastating runner, but didn't have the all-round game of Loane or Gavin imo.

Overtime

Chris McKivat (8)
I would suggest he is. Probably on the wing at least until Pietsch returns?
The Tahs pack looked massive and the fittest I have ever seen. Even fitter than the team that won the comp under Chieka. As for Harris, it will take him a bit extra time to get use to playing with the added bulk. He also played a lot tighter than Wilson last night. I prefer a No 8 that plays tighter and not an extra Centre like Wilson or an extra Winger like Samu. Edmed is good but I don't think his passing is a crisp as Donaldson's. It is a shame that Beale's career has likely ended as he would of been great to have in the team for both Donaldson and Edmed. Would have loved to of seen Donaldson at Fly Half and Beale at the back. Jorganson I thought was outstanding for his first game in the Tahs jersey.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
After watching the last trial I feel good about the depth at Centre now. Was an area at first I worried if something happened with Foketi & Perese with Walton already injured but Tuipulotu, Wilson look every bit a super rugby player. O’Donnell in that next group being so young I hope he kills it at Shute Shield.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Concord this week.

4F647191-FC8C-4D7E-8255-24A9166F81FE.jpeg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd expect the Wallabies main contingent to get game time here but not sure why they've decided to put them here where the scoreline will probably be 40-0 in each half and not against the Reds and then give them a week off here?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd expect the Wallabies main contingent to get game time here but not sure why they've decided to put them here where the scoreline will probably be 40-0 in each half and not against the Reds and then give them a week off here?
I think the three trials, with the training during the week, will actually be better. The lineout was really bad vs the Reds, I think we lost about five on our own throw. Additionally, the Reds made big yards close to the ruck off set play and their offloading game just killed us. We need a week of training to correct the problems then a trial to make sure the improvements are fixed and then another week to refine any further problems. Normally I would agree with you but in this case I think the three trials will be a bit of serendipity.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Especially a trial that may be at a slightly slower pace/standard. It’s a good chunk of volume in the body.

This week and next week is game planning for round 1 and moving forward.

Alex Ross (28)
15k vs the Blues @ Leichhardt in a dead rubber... if it doesn't top that something has gone very wrong. Would expect the new stadium stimulus and a bit of optimism around the team to drive a decent bump. No NRL on either.
If the new stadium doesn’t beat Leichhardt for numbers, something is seriously wrong with the “heartland” eastern suburbs.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
15k vs the Blues @ Leichhardt in a dead rubber... if it doesn't top that something has gone very wrong. Would expect the new stadium stimulus and a bit of optimism around the team to drive a decent bump. No NRL on either.
Hope you are right mate.