• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2023

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
You must be very confident in jellybean counting contests.
I’ll take the quite specific details from the article over a photo assessment
5-7kg is pretty easy to eye off. That's a massive difference. I agree with q51.

Only way I could see 117 is if that number is from a certain point of their cycle where b/w is at its peak, before they shifted to aerobic focus. And he ate a zinger box or five before jumping on the scale.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A quote from the rugby.com.au article makes me incredibly nervous.

“Our school of thought is we’ll play ourselves into fitness rather than planning around it being all ready for round one.” :eek::oops:o_O
Aiming to peak as the season comes to a close is not uncommon but the brazenness of this sentence is quite concerning lol

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Only way I could see 117 is if that number is from a certain point of their cycle where b/w is at its peak, before they shifted to aerobic focus. And he ate a zinger box or five before jumping on the scale.
5kg of muscle on a bloke who is already 100+ lean wouldnt stand out very much. Its literally a 5% increase.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
5kg of muscle on a bloke who is already 100+ lean wouldnt stand out very much. Its literally a 5% increase.
It would be noticeable, I reckon. Given about 80% of body mass being muscle in that age group, give or take, an extra 5kg or so of muscle is significant.

Reactions: dru

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
As a spectator, that is the biggest blight on the game. The amount of stoppages is killing it. They need to get rid of injury stoppages, unless it’s scrum time or a broken leg, water breaks, repeated scrum resets… the game should be faster. Third umpire rulings should be viewed in real time and only alert the referee of the infringement if it is necessary like football does. Rave,rave rave!
Are u a back? Cause if you say that to an old school front row he's gonna send you to watch League. They want 200 scrums per game and the winner should be decisived by how many scrums you win per game

The most annoying thing for me in the modern game is how many box kicks you see per game. It's the main strategic at test level. If you play running rugby you are a fool cause most of the teams win playing box kicks style

Super Rugby is still a holy place where you can watch running rugby regularly. At test level, the best box kicker win the game

Last edited:

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Are u a back? Cause if you say that to an old school front row he's gonna send you to watch League. They want 200 scrums per game and the winner should be decisived by how many scrums you win per game

The most annoying thing for me in the modern game is how many box kicks you see per game. It's the main strategic at test level. If you play running rugby you are a fool cause most of the teams win playing box kicks style

Super Rugby is still a holy place where you can watch running rugby regularly. At test level, the best box kicker win the game
I'm an ex-prop and I want the game to flow better. Note I didn't say faster. I said flow. Which is something the games being played around scrum time impeded.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
re YC vs RC - I would YC them all if it ain't obviously a red on the first replay, so stick them all report and be harsh on the Wednesday review

For the unsure whether the penalty should have been a yellow (the other end of the spectrum), let TMO review it in the back ground and stick it on report if it was missed

but keep the game moving

As to the Tahs S&C making them do some work, it is about time, all the aus teams look underdone physically

A gentle reminder as to how the boks look physically

View attachment 15263
The East Germans looking in great shape

Reactions: TSR

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Why shouldn't the team on the receiving end of the foul play not benefit from the required repercussions?
Because the unintended consequence of trying to ensure nothings goes unpunished is moving towards rugby matches taking near 3 hours

Reactions: TSR

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

He looks a lot bigger on Tv than he does in the randomly selected photos above. As does Ned Hanigan for that matter, he has bulked up as well.

I'm not concerned about Harris, he is a slow developer and has a lot of Tim Gavin about him, as those privileged enough to remember that era will agree with. Like Tim his latter years will probably be his best.

Last edited:

Alex Ross (28)
He looks a lot bigger on Tv than he does in the randomly selected photos above. As does Ned Hanigan for that matter, he has bulked up as well.

I'm not concerned about Harris, he is a slow developer and has a lot of Tim Gavin about him, as those privileged enough to remember that era will agree with. Like Tim his latter years will probably be his best.
Anyone thinking Harris is not a big unit after watching the reds trial isn’t paying attention

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Manly Sea Eagles Fan Day. Hundreds of children around the park. Are we recruiting young fans or something like that in urban areas?

20230211-165342.jpg

20230211-165404.jpg

20230211-165352.jpg

20230211-165413.jpg

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Why is it a penalty if a ball carrier rolls over too many times when they hit the deck? Is that such a bad thing?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Why is it a penalty if a ball carrier rolls over too many times when they hit the deck? Is that such a bad thing?
It stops the legitimate contest for the ball as it makes it much harder for the pilferer to set. Prior to tightening the rules we had guys rolling or crawling up to 5 extra metres.

Personally I feel enforcing the ‘one dynamic’ movement is the fairest and least subjective way to police things and provides an even contest for the ball.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

Funnily enough, Harry Wilson has been coached by Gavin, I believe. Gavin is my favourite Wallaby 8 of all time.