• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He's played 1 year of professional football. Why don't we like Horwitz? He's a big bloke who covers lots of positions and does good things.

Consistency is an issue, but with one year of PLAYING Super rugby, give him another before we write him off.
Next year will be his fifth year as a full time professional player.
If this was his first year in the program I might agree that he still had enough upside to persevere. But it's not, he clearly has not progressed as anticipated.
Anyway time for me to invoke one of the rules
I've made these points before.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He's played 1 year of professional football. Why don't we like Horwitz? He's a big bloke who covers lots of positions and does good things.

Consistency is an issue, but with one year of PLAYING Super rugby, give him another before we write him off.

No hate from me, but on his current output he is just more a "Matt Carraro" / "Andrew Smith" than a "Tim Horan"

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
If this was his first year in the program I might agree that he still had enough upside to persevere. But it's not, he clearly has not progressed as anticipated.
And like I said, it's the first year he's really played. I think we can both agree the real learning/growth comes from playing and it isn't like he embarrassed himself or the team.

It's strange that you're so keen to get rid of an athletic centre, who's only played 1 year of professional football, and can cover 12, 13 and 10 in a pinch. Worst case he's a great fit for the 22 jersey for a few more years.
No hate from me, but on his current output he is just more a "Matt Carraro" / "Andrew Smith" than a "Tim Horan"
I like Carraro, a solid team first player in Super Rugby but played his best years in Europe. I only wish he never played for Aus A so he could've played 4 years for Italy.

Outside of the PI he's a great example of why we should change test eligibility laws.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Bloody stupid to limit the Sevens players NRC game time IMO.

High quality gametime is good for everyone, and particularly if the squads are all still doing evening training, it wouldn't get in the way of the Sevens training.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Bloody stupid to limit the Sevens players NRC game time IMO.

High quality gametime is good for everyone, and particularly if the squads are all still doing evening training, it wouldn't get in the way of the Sevens training.

I have no idea what the Sevens training schedule is like but with the first leg of the World Series only a month and a half away I can see why they'd need their contracted players committed now.

Presumably the Sevens players in the Mitre 10 Cup and Currie Cup drop out before the season ends too.

Hopefully Figg gets a Super Rugby contract. He has been outstanding. He's a bit on the small side but he "plays big" and is a dynamic runner.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Sounds like you are talking about Jeremy Tilse :p

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Bit of trivia, Horowitz is leading "line breaks" in the NRC

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Bit of trivia, Horowitz is leading "line breaks" in the NRC

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

According to Foxsports, most line breaks form the NRC regular season went to Izaia Perese and Tom Banks with 12 each..I think Horwitz lead "line break assists"..

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
According to Foxsports, most line breaks form the NRC regular season went to Izaia Perese and Tom Banks with 12 each..I think Horwitz lead "line break assists"..

OK, it was in the foxsports commentary in today's game

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
If a 15m flat cut out worked at school why wouldnt it work now? (Unless it's been coached out)

He still has the ability. However, defensive lines are moving up faster than his schoolboy opponents and are more spread out across the field, reducing the opportunities to put speedy men away from anywhere on the field. It used to be a joy to watch.
I think he is adjusting to elite rugby well.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Things are looking up for next year for the Tahs with this sort of potential starting 15.

1. Ryan
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Mumm
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Holloway
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Robinson
12. Simone
13. Folau
14. Horne
15. Kellaway

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Robinson has really grown into his role at the Eagles so I'm excited to see what he can do next year. Not flashy but a good finisher and runs good support lines.

I'm likewise excited to see Hanigan in the 23 and I wish we could sub out Brad Wilkin for Sam Figg. Hes been consistently outstanding. So dynamic.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Things are looking up for next year for the Tahs with this sort of potential starting 15.

1. Ryan
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Mumm
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Holloway
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Robinson
12. Simone
13. Folau
14. Horne
15. Kellaway

A good First XV. Up there with the Reds on paper. The key in the Super comp, apart from having a good roster and coach, is how you go when the inevitable injuries occur. Tahs have some potentially decent backups, but potential is the key word.

Reactions: dru

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What sort of contract does Simone have? Would he start straight away with big TN and Reece Robinson part of the full time squad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
A good First XV. Up there with the Reds on paper. The key in the Super comp, apart from having a good roster and coach, is how you go when the inevitable injuries occur. Tahs have some potentially decent backups, but potential is the key word.

a fair bit of potential IMHO, lots of quite talented younglings coming through

Status
Not open for further replies.