• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think Cheika's suspended but draconian sentence is (a) over the top but (b) just what the Tahs need because it will force him to show some self control, restraint and respect (at least publicly) and that might rub off on the players.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I read this wrong the first time. I thought he was banned for 6 months for telling a cameraman to fuck off a few times. That seemed grossly out of proportion.

Turns out it was just a warning not to do it again or else that would happen. For now, it is just a $6K fine. That makes more sense.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeze the team he's selected for this weekend will definitely test him. Centre's on the wings, and a centre that doesn't play centre. I'm just a supporter and I hurl frustrations at the television.

And putting the judgement out there is like towing a Rat around with a big hook through a school of Marlin. Imagine what the NZ and SA supporters are going to be like when the Tahs travel.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I personally have no sympathy for Cheika at all, I know you can get a bit pissed off with cameraman etc, but isn't this a case of history repeating itself from Europe, where he had probs with similar things, or perhaps the ones defending him think the game doesn't need cameramen a etc to help get the game promoted.
I wish I was able to find the report of his behaviour in Europe that uspet them, I know I read about it somewhere a fair while ago. Like I say the big money for coaching etc comes with responsibilities, and everyone entitled I think to make a slip up, but you also have to be prepared to behave youself or get employment elsewhere out of public eye.
Part of the judges reasoning behind the sentence

"I do not regard Mr Cheika to be a first time offender and it would be farcical to disregard other matters over the past nine years, including proven Misconduct allegations from his time as a professional coach in Europe and a warning from SANZAR during the 2013 Super Rugby season.

"This matter bears a number of striking similarities with past instances, particularly the use of foul and abusive language towards those charged with running a match and the propensity of Mr Cheika to behave in this manner is disturbing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
the coach used the word 'f***ing' in talking to the cameraman, either in reference to that person or his equipment, although, on the state of the evidence, I did not find proven that this was a threat, whether to person or to property.
So Hampton QC (Quade Cooper) thought there was a possibility (and so needed to deal with it) that Cheika was threatening to:
  • have sexual intercourse with the equipment
  • have sexual intercourse with the camera man

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yet as mentioned - Phipps goes off in an abusive manner at an AR and gets nothing...

Rugby judiciaries are fucked.

Time to get the poker face on and just start winning games. Though if they drop the ball as much on Saturday as they did last week Cheika might go looking for a cameraman just so he can get 6 months off.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
How on earth does Nick Phipps continue to get selected to start? Some of his passes were atrocious (Foley caught balls up high leaving his rib cage exposed, at his feet and had to scramble backwards for poor passes that completely missed the target). Surely McKibbin deserves a crack and as a result, it would put a rocket up Phipps to get his act together.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Waratahs have signed Taqele Naiyaravoro. Balmain NRL winger. Immediate release

he appears to be a big lump

Taqele Naiyaravoro

A
A
image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg
  • Date of Birth:
    07-12-1991
  • Height:
    195cm
  • Weight:
    115kg
  • Position:
    Second-row
  • Rep. Honours:
    NA
  • Junior Clubs:
    Suva Grammar
  • FG Debut:
    Yet to play NRL
  • Club Debut:
    Yet to play NRL
  • Twitter:
    @TaqeleN
  • Instagram:
    @ntaqele

After scoring 23 tries in 15 NSW Cup matches last year, the barnstorming winger will no doubt be one to watch in 2014.
An ankle injury kept the Fijian-born flyer sidelined for the backend of 2013.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He hasn't played an NRL game but scores plenty of tries in NSW Cup.

The Tigers have him listed at 195cm and 115kg.

I'd be highly surprised if he plays Super Rugby this year.

I wonder if they've nabbed him on the spare EPS spot they had floating around.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The offense is

"All persons shall not use crude, insulting or abusive language or gestures towards Match Officials, spectators or any other persons involved with the running of a Match."

A cameraman is clearly not a match official and is not properly a spectator, and is not involved in the running of the match. Arguably, cameramen may be a legitimate target for crude, insulting and abusive language.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He hasn't played an NRL game but scores plenty of tries in NSW Cup.

The Tigers have him listed at 195cm and 115kg.

I'd be highly surprised if he plays Super Rugby this year.

I wonder if they've nabbed him on the spare EPS spot they had floating around.
This is where Cheika loses me.
If you a re a young un, your chances if being picked up the the Tahs is higher if you are playing Loig and not succeeding,than playing good Rugby, in the prescribed pathway.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I assume he last played union at Suva Grammar - where I doubt he was winger.
Hard position to learn at S15 level, IMO, as the Reds showed on their left side last week!
Totally agree ILTW - put him on some incentive and tell him to go play SS: if he carves it up pay the incentive and breing him in.
Totally the wrong message and I bet the Tigers were glad to be free of the continuing payments.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The offense is

"All persons shall not use crude, insulting or abusive language or gestures towards Match Officials, spectators or any other persons involved with the running of a Match."

A cameraman is clearly not a match official and is not properly a spectator, and is not involved in the running of the match. Arguably, cameramen may be a legitimate target for crude, insulting and abusive language.

That depends on the definitions of what is "Match Officials, spectators or any other persons involved with the running of a Match" I suspect it is part of "other persons involved with the running of a Match"

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The offense is

And yet no action at all against Phipps for calling an AR a f*****g idiot?

Broadcast into thousands of loungerooms - or at least it made it into mine.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe it's time for a different captain. Dave Dennis doesn't seem to rev up other players.

IMO Michael Hooper would be a good captain.

Someone from left field would be JackPot - I don't know if he's captain material, but he's certainly enthusiastic.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Geeeeeeeeeeeeze the team he's selected for this weekend will definitely test him. Centre's on the wings, and a centre that doesn't play centre. I'm just a supporter and I hurl frustrations at the television.

And putting the judgement out there is like towing a Rat around with a big hook through a school of Marlin. Imagine what the NZ and SA supporters are going to be like when the Tahs travel.

And putting the judgement out there is like towing a Rat around with a big hook through a school of Marlin....nice plug Dave..perhaps the Rat supporters may switch that anaology around? good luck this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.