• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
"The Sydney University Football Club is very proud of the support it offers both present and past representatives of the club.

We have been made aware that Phil Waugh has been nominated to be a Trustee on the Board of the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust. Phil represented the club from 1998 through until 2011 and is still strongly aligned to the club today. The SUFC strongly believes Phil will be an excellent Trustee for the SCG Trust. Phil had an illustrious and extensive career at the Sydney Football Stadium and will positively contribute given his educational background and academic achievements.

The Trustees are elected through an electoral process which goes from today through until May 27th. We encourage you to give your vote to Phil if you are a member of the SCG Trust.

Snapshot of Phil Waugh:
· 79 Tests for Wallabies (3 as captain)
· 136 caps for NSW Waratahs (58 as captain)
· 3 caps for Barbarians (1 as captain)
· 7 Premierships for Sydney University Football Club
· 4 Sydney to Hobart yacht races (Line honours 2011)
· Masters of Commerce (University of Sydney)
· Master of International Business (University of Sydney)
· Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)"

Great write up and well deserved. you didn't mention though another strong 7 born and bread on the Northern Beaches.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cheika guilty of abusing the cameraman, fined $6,000 and cops a 6 month ban if he does anything else before 31 August 2015

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/michael-cheika-guilty-of-misconduct/
Ban from what? Coaching at all? The sideline?
Wow, Phipps and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) verbally abuse officials, heard and seen on TV and at grounds, not a peep. Cheika gobs off at a cameraman who's in his face ( not condoning this at all, it is their job) and maybe gets banned?
SANZAR has just performed an auto-cranio-colonoscopy.
It is good to see the judicial process remains as obtuse as ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nick Samson

Frank Row (1)
Hi All,

I am new to NSW and have embraced rugby and the Tahs. It is definitely a game that is hard to learn but once you do its awesome.

I am amused at the infighting and the nonsensical article I read from Rebecca Wilson on the weekend.

So I googled Jason Allen and saw that they guy has actually done quite well considering what he has inherited in a time frame where AFL has invested 100s of millions and NRL is on the front and back page every week because of its infamy!

Its quite obvious that this article has been written as a slap on Mr Allen's wrist for daring to mock the Trust and its inadequacy. On googling who the members of the trust are, I literally laughed out loud when I realised why Ms Wilson was on the attack. Women are like lionesses when they defend their partners ;)

Anyway all, I hope the Tahs do become a powerhouse over the next few years. The Eastern suburbs types I know are pretty soft lol so I see why they need awesome service etc to go to a home game. Tough Westies like me just want to watch the footy and support my time by buying a ticket and being positive.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
So who do we get to coach next season. I'm working on the assumption that cheika can't go the rest of this year without telling someone to fuck off....

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Ban from what? Coaching at all? The sideline?

Everything it seems.

The Judicial Officer suspended Mr Cheika from involvement of any kind in all forms of rugby at any level for a period of six months, suspended until 31 August 2015; a ban that would be triggered by a subsequent proven breach of the applicable Code of Conduct.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well Cheika apparently fabricated witness accounts of what happened
I'm not condoning what Cheika did at all, but what message do they send if players can obviously abuse officials with no sanction, but a coach tells a cameraman to fuck off and it might be career-ending? Surely the lack of consistency is puzzling at least, troubling in all likelihood, or downright retarded?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Surley this is only a ban from the sideline.

Anything else is WAY over the top.

As much as I like to see the Waratahs suffer (it helps when the Reds are going shit), I think this is just rubbish.

A fine, definatly, a sideline ban, fair enough, anything else, bullshit.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
I read this wrong the first time. I thought he was banned for 6 months for telling a cameraman to fuck off a few times. That seemed grossly out of proportion.

Turns out it was just a warning not to do it again or else that would happen. For now, it is just a $6K fine. That makes more sense.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I read this wrong the first time. I thought he was banned for 6 months for telling a cameraman to fuck off a few times. That seemed grossly out of proportion.

Turns out it was just a warning not to do it again or else that would happen. For now, it is just a $6K fine. That makes more sense.
If he breaches the Code of Conduct. In all seriousness, that might include banging on the coaches box window, who knows. He is going to need to keep himself on a very tight leash for 18 months.
I'm not sure he can keep the lid on for that long.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Hi All,

I am new to NSW and have embraced rugby and the Tahs. It is definitely a game that is hard to learn but once you do its awesome.

I am amused at the infighting and the nonsensical article I read from Rebecca Wilson on the weekend.

So I googled Jason Allen and saw that they guy has actually done quite well considering what he has inherited in a time frame where AFL has invested 100s of millions and NRL is on the front and back page every week because of its infamy!

Its quite obvious that this article has been written as a slap on Mr Allen's wrist for daring to mock the Trust and its inadequacy. On googling who the members of the trust are, I literally laughed out loud when I realised why Ms Wilson was on the attack. Women are like lionesses when they defend their partners ;)

Anyway all, I hope the Tahs do become a powerhouse over the next few years. The Eastern suburbs types I know are pretty soft lol so I see why they need awesome service etc to go to a home game. Tough Westies like me just want to watch the footy and support my time by buying a ticket and being positive.

Nick - great choice of game and the Tah's supporters (sufferers) here will teach you a lot. But as they impart their knowledge there will be a time not far in the future where their words will stop, and no longer will they point and say "did you see that". This will be where the teaching stops young grasshopper. It is then they will turn you southward, point to a distant spot and say "you need to go there, the cold place to marvel at what we cannot show you here - wingers who are quick, kickers who can kick, see a real line out and scrum and most of all TRIES and a team who can win". When you arrive I will welcome you to the magical place where most of our people come to watch and have pies and beers that you can get without missing half a game to get service. ;)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Surley this is only a ban from the sideline.

Anything else is WAY over the top.

It took into account that this isn't his first time at having a go at someone involved in the game.

The fabrication of evidence part, the way I read it, is related to him claiming that witnesses associated with the cameraman fabricated the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.