• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just move the Manly V Warringah game this weekend to the SFS and play it as the curtain raiser. Extra 5,000 patrons at least.

The problem with curtain raisers in s15 is that the rules require that the teams each have access to one end of the ground 1 hour before kickoff.
So for any curtain raiser there's a an hour between the end of it and the main game - dodgy beer makes that unacceptable.
Not sure what you can do about about that because curtain raisers are otherwise a great idea.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I went earlier this year,got a pass out, and had a great meal at the pub and a couple of great beers,wandered back in time for the main game.
Absolutely stress less.
I don't think the stadium had even opened their outlets when the curtain raiser finished.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The problem with curtain raisers in s15 is that the rules require that the teams each have access to one end of the ground 1 hour before kickoff.
So for any curtain raiser there's a an hour between the end of it and the main game - dodgy beer makes that unacceptable.
Not sure what you can do about about that because curtain raisers are otherwise a great idea.

It's not an hour. It's 30 mins on the field. 7:40pm kick off means teams on at 7pm and off at 7:30pm

T

tranquility

Some quick figures (cant guarantee accuracy) - Tahs attract 0.35% population (Sydney not NSW) to games in the heart land of RU. Brumbies have attracted 4.75% of total ACT population (Tah's V Brumbies 2014 I think), Reds - I believe this years best crowd is about 30,000 which is 1.46% (Brisbane population not QLD). Even using the Reds claim of 36000 members its still only 1.76%.

Yes, but else is someone to do in Canberra?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Agreed - even if only 30 min as per @Rugby Reg.
Not to mention Manly would not be keen to give up home ground advantage against rivals Warringah, with both undefeated! Probably better pies and beer at Manly, and costs the fans less to watch.
Pie in the sky idea really.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Agreed - even if only 30 min as per @Rugby Reg.
Not to mention Manly would not be keen to give up home ground advantage against rivals Warringah, with both undefeated! Probably better pies and beer at Manly, and costs the fans less to watch.
Pie in the sky idea really.

And Northern Beaches fans don't travel, if the Sea Eagles are anything to go by.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not to mention Manly would not be keen to give up home ground advantage against rivals Warringah, with both undefeated!

I said something similar about the ARU controlling game day operations for the Waratahs V Lions game last year, and was quickly reminded that the ARU are bankrolling the Waratahs. The same may apply to NSWRU and the Shute Shield here.

Alternatively, sell cheap tickets at the Marlins Rats game and hire a couple of coaches to get everyone to the Tahs game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Just move the Manly V Warringah game this weekend to the SFS and play it as the curtain raiser. Extra 5,000 patrons at least.

Nah, Manly will not let you down with regards to catering.
Move the Tahs to Manly and the Tahs can play the curtain raiser.
Manly will provide the atmosphere - we will even provide a hill for the parocial crowd.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I said something similar about the ARU controlling game day operations for the Waratahs V Lions game last year, and was quickly reminded that the ARU are bankrolling the Waratahs. The same may apply to NSWRU and the Shute Shield here.
I don't do a bad line in absurdist humour myself, #1, but I'll concede you've trumped me with the ridiculousness of the notion of NSWRU bankrolling anyone or anything.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Waratahs Rugby and NSW Rugby Union Intern Program
Updated 7 July, 2013

Waratahs Rugby and the NSW Rugby Union will be offering an Intern Program for the 2014 season.

Designed to help talented and enthusiastic graduates with a passion for sport to gain valuable experience within the sporting industry, the internships will cover a range of areas including:
- Media and communications
- Game day operations
- Fan engagement
- Marketing and membership

Shute Shield Media Intern
Posted January 13, 2014

NSW Rugby Union is looking to appoint an intern to help maximise the profile of the 2014 Shute Shield Premier Rugby Competition.

The successful candidate/s will be responsible for promoting the NSW Rugby Union (NSWRU) and Sydney Rugby Union (SRU), as well as the Shute Shield Premier Rugby Competition by executing a proactive media campaign in Sydney, NSW and National Media.

Candidates will be required to attend weekly Shute Shield matches from April to September 2014. Office attendance is not optional but candidates must be available to work on Wednesday/Thursday and/or Saturdays. Where two more candidates are successful, a job-share option will be explored.

The position is unpaid but personal expenses will be covered. Additional opportunities may be available to gain further experience with the NSW Waratahs.
http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/AboutNSWRU/PositionsVacant.aspx
So when we talk of amateur era administration, we're not joking.
Just out of interest, is Jason Allen the CEO of the Waratahs or of the NSWRU?

Status
Not open for further replies.