• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I just read the Pandaram pre-season article and slipped into here to revel in the glow of a prolonged and venomous Rocky bashing. You Tah's supporters sure are no fun, Brumbies supporters would have managed to get 3 pages out of how it was all Rocky's fault by now.

My theory is that WJ's positivity thread is permeating your brains and making you all languidly wholesome.

You are correct, Charger. wj has shown us the way forward. Angry negativity is the province of the lesser provinces. If we continue to follow his lead, we will indeed all be "languidly wholesome" but only rarely will we be soberly wholesome.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Posted this in the Reds game thread but probably better place for it here.

Tahs should use their marquee spot to sign an international scrum half from the NH. There are plenty of them knocking around up here who can't get into their national squads or might like a new challenge. No point having 3 mediocre Aus scrummies just for the sake of going Australian. Then if one of the Aus youngsters develops and displaces the marquee guy we know he's worth his spot in the team.

T

TOCC

I think the Tahs need a clear plan as to what style of scrum half they need...

Lucas, Sarel, McKibbin and Hart all offer vastly different playing styles..

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I think the Tahs need a clear plan as to what style of scrum half they need.

Lucas, Sarel, McKibbin and Hart all offer vastly different playing styles..

Good point. I think this applies to a few aspects of the team.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's good to have a mix of styles as options at scrum half. This gives the option to pick the starter and replacement based on how you want to play the particular opposition. Tahs could probably do with a scrum half who's used to tight pack play as starter then when the game opens up in the last 20 bring on the better/faster passer and exploit the space. Hopefully goes without saying that the Tahs would have to fix their S&C before they exploit anything in the last 20 minutes.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Posting because we were sitting on 666 posts in this thread. Tahs have enough bad omens already.

T

TOCC

How about just a clear plan?
How is a fucking discard from the Blues is going to change anything?
Foley could not coach a pig to be dirty.

Actually i think Grayson Hart is a step forward in the right direction.. The Blues aren't exactly renowned for their talent identification and retention...
Mike Harris isn't even a blues discard, he is a 'never was'.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Yep, Harris maybe a never was, but he's building damn nicely at the Reds isn't he. If he keeps building his game, it won't be Barnes McCabe has to worry about.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Nope, not kidding, he is starting to show a nice mix of skills, reads play well, tackles positively, and is a better kicker than Berrick. If he keeps building his game he will challenge McCabe in my opinion. Of course McCabe is building too, so hard to say what next year will be like. Berrick could too of course, but to my eye his game is largely unchanged in 2 years.

T

TOCC

You're kidding right.. Harris offers nothing but a good boot.

You're kidding right?

In the last 3 games he has been in the top 2 in the Reds back line for meters gained..
In the game last night he made more meters then any of the Tahs backs..

He has a very high work rate for making meters and getting across the gain line..

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Foley seemed a bit smug on the pre match talk with Cannon - I guess they're mates but he might do himself some favours if he managed to appear contrite - at least until February.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Foley seemed a bit smug on the pre match talk with Cannon - I guess they're mates but he might do himself some favours if he managed to appear contrite - at least until February.

In what way was he smug? Cannon asked him about needing the win and the obvious stress he has shown for the last few months resulted in him smiling at a question that was pretty much the understatement of the century.

Status
Not open for further replies.