• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
In what way was he smug? Cannon asked him about needing the win and the obvious stress he has shown for the last few months resulted in him smiling at a question that was pretty much the understatement of the century.

Just the vibe - I'd like to see him spend the summer with Wayne Bennett and learn how to look more miserable so i could be sure he hurts. i dont get the feeling that all his players do.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Actually i think Grayson Hart is a step forward in the right direction.. The Blues aren't exactly renowned for their talent identification and retention.
Mike Harris isn't even a blues discard, he is a 'never was'.
I just see it as another example of Foley having a half way bet, by trying someone who has ALREADY been trialled at this level.
By continually limiting the downside by selecting these players he always limits the upside.
There are only a limited number of proven players that he can poach.
He has to develop young up and comers and IMO this is where his skills are weakest due to his conservative nature.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In what way was he smug? Cannon asked him about needing the win and the obvious stress he has shown for the last few months resulted in him smiling at a question that was pretty much the understatement of the century.

Marto made the same comments at a pre-match function. Said he had a smug smirk on his face when he passed him at Suncorp.

T

TOCC

I just see it as another example of Foley having a half way bet, by trying someone who has ALREADY been trialled at this level.
By continually limiting the downside by selecting these players he always limits the upside.
There are only a limited number of proven players that he can poach.
He has to develop young up and comers and IMO this is where his skills are weakest due to his conservative nature.
i should clarify that i think Grayson Hart is a good player, but was injected into the side at the wrong time in the year

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Having watched training a few times this year, b.foley trained at 10 with the b team a few times and when he did Grayson was at 9. I think there may have been a feeling they had developed a combination in the training park that could transfer into the game rather than clutching at straws with harts selection. A the end of the day the two games he played didn't matter to the standings, it was worth having a look at him.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
When is a good time?
The squad is probably the strongest it has been ATM, they are no longer playing for anything. i would have thought this is the best time to try someone out.
Whether his style is complimented by Foley at 10 might be a point, but I can't see any other of the 10's this year would have helped him much in any event.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Marto made the same comments at a pre-match function. Said he had a smug smirk on his face when he passed him at Suncorp.

This comment says way more about Marto than it does about Foley. Mind you, he can't go much lower in my estimation anyway.

T

TOCC

Waratahs have signed Sam Crawford from the Brumbies for 2013 allegedly

T

TOCC

Seems a bit 'meh' to me..

Is he really better then those he is replacing?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Super Rugby: Waratahs recruit Cam Crawford from the Brumbies to bolster outside backs

Cam Crawford in action for the Brumbies against Wales. Picture: Kym Smith Source: The Daily Telegraph
THE Waratahs have moved to bolster their outside backs by recruiting rising star Cam Crawford from the Brumbies.
Crawford, a versatile fullback/wing who boasts pace and size, is set to be released midway through a two-year contract with the ACT to take up a spot in the NSW squad for 2013.
A former rising star for Norths in the Shute Shield, Crawford joined the Brumbies academy in 2010 and was one of Jake White's first signings to the ACT full-time squad last year.
Stuck behind Henry Speight, Joe Tomane and Robbie Coleman, the flyer made only two appearances for the Brumbies, however - against Wales in June and a brief Super Rugby debut against the Western Force.

Tom Carter and Brackin Karauria-Henry are set to leave the Tahs, while the futures of Atieli Pakalani and Daniel Halangahu are also uncertain.
Weighing in at 98kg and standing 194cm, Crawford is a tackle-busting runner who is also a ball-player.
The former Sydney Grammar student was a contemporary of Kurtley Beale and would compete against the Wallaby star for schoolboy representative jerseys at No.10.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why are players leaving the Brumbies to play for the Tahs? I assume it's just a Sydney v Canberra thing?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Why are players leaving the Brumbies to play for the Tahs? I assume it's just a Sydney v Canberra thing?

He is from Sydney (like Hooper), he has the option of going home.

Also he will have more opportunity of more game time IMHO with the Tah's history of outside backs going down like flies.

He was one of the real form players in the Shute Shield last season, especially at 15, I thought he would have got more game time this season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's unfortunate to lose him, but with 3 potential Wallabies in Tomane, Speight and Mogg plus Robbie Coleman all ahead of him he wasn't getting much game time.......

Kurdrani was also favoured on the bench as he can play in the centres.......

Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.