• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I understand that there is a chance that the Tahs will lose both their No. 10s at the end of the season.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I understand that there is a chance that the Tahs will lose both their No. 10s at the end of the season.

Understand from where? While Halangahu is expected not to be re-signed, Barnes is contracted through 2013.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)

we have three tens, what 2 do you speak of.

hangers is rumoured for the 100th time to be force bound
barnes or foley the other you speak of?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Bruce it has been requested that I point out to you that far from being a 'thick-head' as you so eloquently put it, Jamie Pandaram was taking that directly from the NSW annual report.

I'm curious about your use of the passive voice: "It has been requested". Was this instruction delivered by the spiritus mundi or was it Jamie himself?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
got the info from a staff member but i did ask the right questions, Chieka has definately been in contact, confirmed, true. i asked if he was going to be confirmed as coach, got told i know more than them, asked if that meant it would happen during the test break, reply was "it would be a great time to make an announcement wouldnt it" so pure speculation with a sprinkle of truth.

What's encouraging in this is that at least it seems the Waratahs board are contemplating the type of radical change that is so obviously required.

- The SH's most affluent city;

- The Sydney business community largely rugby supporting;

- Highly competitive Sydney sports market should be a base to breed the best, not be an excuse for endless flops;

- The best rugby talent feeder system in Australia on the doorstep;

- Plenty of talent in the Tahs already;

Yet no S15 or S1x to show for it.

100% that's a management and internal culture problem first, leading to confused, poorly structured and inhibited coaching second.

Core issue: Board don't seem to grasp what's wrong and try to genuinely fix it. Last year going for internal coaching promotions, tinkering and minor adjustments was Big Confirmation 1. Big Confirmation 2 was choosing a Captain with poor recent performance on big money pre-season known to carry serious injuries then keep him in that position 'in absentia'. Big Confirmation 3 was the 8-man leadership group, then picking Captain No 2 from outside it. The die was cast in these manifestly poor decisions - these people had no grip on what was wrong, and no courage or competence of resolution to fix it decisively.

Now the fruits of their poor, reckless judgement are in, at last maybe a 'good enough' crisis will build and some radical urgency and proper leadership may emerge for the first time in years.

To say the fans deserve it, is like saying innocent starving hordes deserve water.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
10:3:1 sounds sexy, but it doesn't reflect the objectives does it. Perhaps that is their problem, even their business plan draftsmanship is poorly executed ;)

Seriously though, I am a big believer in achievable plans, with bonuses for excellent performance - that para over reaches a little with the number one centre of excellence component.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
barbarian is the panda.

Inside Shoulder is grumbles.

this place is getting bizarre, question is, who is danny weidler?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm curious about your use of the passive voice: "It has been requested". Was this instruction delivered by the spiritus mundi or was it Jamie himself?

Rupert Murdoch actually. He is an avid reader of the forum, and he keeps wanting to come on the podcast but we don't think he'd be a good fit. Not to mention the constant multi-million dollar offers to buy the place...

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sacking a new coach one year into a 3 year contract would have to be seen as a major failure. If Foley goes I would expect some of the Board to follow.

Personally I don't think Foley should be sacked, but I do think there will be chanegs in the rest of the coaching team, same as has occured for the Wobbs

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
the board has only been in place since november 2010. this is there second season in charge and in that time they have turned a bit of a shambles into a small profit financially. they obviously have work to do on the football operations side, but im not sure the board should go at all really unless someone crackingly amazing has become available to control them.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It looks like they've signed Eberson from the Cheetahs, so maybe not.

plus the signing of Dave Harvey for another year. Hangers is a decent fullback as well, you would think they would have hesitated with Harvey for a while in the hopes of getting someone better but thats for another thread.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
the board has only been in place since november 2010. this is there second season in charge and in that time they have turned a bit of a shambles into a small profit financially. they obviously have work to do on the football operations side, but im not sure the board should go at all really unless someone crackingly amazing has become available to control them.

Ross Grant was only appointed at the start of 2011 and Michael Miller at the start of 2012 so there has been some change since the Waratahs split from NSWRU.

The other four directors have been in place since either December '09 or March '10.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
barbarian is the panda.

Inside Shoulder is grumbles.

this place is getting bizarre, question is, who is danny weidler?
I most certainly am not - do you think my bitching about his writing style is a red herring? Besides which even the posts I type on my iPad at 3 in the morning are grammatically superior to the shit he toils over for minutes at a time......

the board has only been in place since november 2010.

This is a bit cute isn't it WJ? - you mean there has only been a separate board since 2010 - or am I wrong about that?

Loane has been connected to the Tahs on the board of NSWRU for yolks and her only claim to rugby fame is having been married to Dr Mark Loane - did someone say "tokenism"?.
Petersen has been there for years too.
What caused L'estrange to leave so soon? he is, by all accounts, an honourable, competent and decent man - those I know who know him said at the time of his appointment that he would be able to straighten out the Tahs based on their impression of him....it was it seems too much for him.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I most certainly am not - do you think my bitching about his writing style is a red herring? Besides which even the posts I type on my iPad at 3 in the morning are grammatically superior to the shit he toils over for minutes at a time......

This is a bit cute isn't it WJ? - you mean there has only been a separate board since 2010 - or am I wrong about that?

Loane has been connected to the Tahs on the board of NSWRU for yolks and her only claim to rugby fame is having been married to Dr Mark Loane. Petersen has been there for years too.
What caused L'estrange to leave so soon? he is, by all accounts, an honourable and decent man - those I know who know him said at the time of his appointment that he would be able to straighten out the Tahs based on their impression of him....it was it seems too much for him.

i just figered that Grumbles himself would be so negative that even his own work would not escapr his criticism.

yeah, sorry, was saying the new board. the seperated board, whatever you want to call it. it has done some good work. does that mean no changes cant be made, of course not, but at the same time it seems to be moving in a deriction that is decent on at least the business side, we need to improve the football side without affecting the other.

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Bruce it has been requested that I point out to you that...Jamie Pandaram was taking that directly from the NSW annual report.

Baabaa, I hope you pointed out to Jamie that the best way to fix the situation would be to log in and address it himself, rather than hiding behind a proxy.

Mind you, we are talking about the NSWRU here, so it is only appropriate that issues are addressed through rumour and innuendo first...perhaps Jamie could get Grumbles to write about it in the rumours section of his Ruck and Maul column, 100 words that represent the arse end of rugby in Sydney.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
i just figered that Grumbles himself would be so negative that even his own work would not escapr his criticism.

yeah, sorry, was saying the new board. the seperated board, whatever you want to call it. it has done some good work. does that mean no changes cant be made, of course not, but at the same time it seems to be moving in a deriction that is decent on at least the business side, we need to improve the football side without affecting the other.
mate, if he had that much insight he'd be a good reporter: sometimes I wonder if he even proof reads the dross he dishes up.
the other thing is he's not uniformly negative - he gives good press to those who have earned it;)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Judge them like all business boards should be judged: by the quality of their actions, and the quality of the measurable results achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.