• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yep, the Nelson is the best if you're just wanting to watch the game. Lots of screens, good crowd, cool old bar, great bistro. Lots of other places (Light Brigade, etc.) are okay but fill up with people starting their night out... and some of them have been known to put AFL on all the bloody screens, despite claiming to be "rugby pubs".

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yep, the Nelson is the best if you're just wanting to watch the game. Lots of screens, good crowd, cool old bar, great bistro. Lots of other places (Light Brigade, etc.) are okay but fill up with people starting their night out. and some of them have been known to put AFL on all the bloody screens, despite claiming to be "rugby pubs".

Most pubs will change the channel on one screen, if you ask nicely, and there are a few of you together.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Most pubs will change the channel on one screen, if you ask nicely, and there are a few of you together.

Thanks for that. The thought had never occurred to me. :p

What I'm saying is, it sucks if you go to a pub that claims to show every Super Rugby match on the big screen and they have AFL on every screen and the place is packed and they won't change them to rugby because "people are watching them."

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
That's the eastern suburbs for you. Get over to balmain where all pubs show the Tahs on the big screen even if the Tigers are playing. Well the better pubs do anyway and I might add that the Guinness is better that most places in a few of them.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Surprised that no one has commenced post-game commentary or analysis...I guess it's understandable, but rare.

My two cents will buy the comment that I'm delighted with the intent and attempted game plan in the first 75min, but the Reds being a game up showed big time in key areas and in the end, they were justified victors.

I still cannot for the life of me understand why they'd do things like niggle off the ball (even to the point of shoving around water boys), the odd coathanger sans pill etc, Simmons is a massive waste of space but I'd have to say on the paltry evidence thus far the Reds are clear second behind the Brums in the Aussie conference.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I think Volavola should come into the team for Friday, not sure if it should be at 10 or 15. Izzy showed enough to get a run in the team. The defensive line needs to be more aggressive, they stood off the Reds far too much giving them too much time to pick their options on the ball.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think Volavola should come into the team for Friday, not sure if it should be at 10 or 15. Izzy showed enough to get a run in the team. The defensive line needs to be more aggressive, they stood off the Reds far too much giving them too much time to pick their options on the ball.
Volavola and "defensive" in the same sentence?
The guys a menace in defence and is good for 3 knock ons per game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Volavola and "defensive" in the same sentence?
The guys a menace in defence and is good for 3 knock ons per game.

Its the defensive tactics in general not aggressive enough, just stood off the Reds and let them play. I'm not sure the defence got in Quades face once, don't recall him being put under any pressure taking the ball at first receiver.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Its the defensive tactics in general not aggressive enough, just stood off the Reds and let them play. I'm not sure the defence got in Quades face once, don't recall him being put under any pressure taking the ball at first receiver.
Not in his case: he dogged it in front of his posts by not committing himself to claiming a bouncing ball.
And he missed quirk without legitimate excuse.
He's been talked up in here and he's got pace but he's gun shy.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I really thought the Tahs had the forwards to win last night, but apparently players like Palu are either not fit, or not very motivated. As for the backline, they looked and played as though they had been introduced to each other in the sheds just before running out.

Orange Peeler

Peter Burge (5)
The Waratah's were poor last night and the Izzy spectacular failed to impress when it mattered. Its always tough to lose to anyone let alone to QLD, however I was expecting much more from the Team than what I saw last night. Very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.