• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Michael Hodge is apparently being trained up as a centre, according to press reports. I thought he was only an out-and-out winger but it looks like he is being converted so we have more back-up at 12/13.

Hodge is a centre, and only ends up playing wing for Uni in the second half of the season because Carter/Inman/Barnes/Foley return from state duties.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I know it's not the mainstream thought process in Aus but I really think all teams need to be built around a good scrum half (this is coming from a front row forward).

The Tahs have 2 good bench level scrummies, but no blokes that scream to start. I can't see them finishing above 2nd in our conference, they will probably even finish 3rd.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know it's not the mainstream thought process in Aus but I really think all teams need to be built around a good scrum half (this is coming from a front row forward).

The Tahs have 2 good bench level scrummies, but no blokes that scream to start. I can't see them finishing above 2nd in our conference, they will probably even finish 3rd.

I reckon Matt Lucas will be starting end of the year. McKibbin should only play when Barnes doesn't (as a kicker)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
McKibbin is pretty damn good, but he ain't Burgess lite (what he was required to do last season)

If we want dinky pop passes to static pigs, he ain't the one.

If we want width, speed and a good long kick he is OK
McKibbin will be a lot stronger this year, I reckon.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McKibbin is too erratic. Matt Lucas has an awesome long passing game, his 7s experience helps him here. I reckon he has the best overall pass of the 3. He's probably too inexperienced to start now but once he gets an opportunity I think he'll take it and retain his spot.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Cheika said he would start Hart as he hadn't played much and deserved a run. By the sound of things Cheika likes to keep his cards close to his chest so I don't know how much we can read into his selections this week.

I must say as a life long Reds fan I am pretty excited about the Tah this year. I really like what I've seen and heard so far.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Gee, loads of Souths blokes in the side for tomorrow's game. Just another show of how good a job the people at that club have done in developing players.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Buzzing for tonight first game of live rugby since the Wallabies Saffas in Perth, the less said about those 80 minutes the better! Membership card hasn't arrived yet though I assume I'll be ok with some id and a receipt for the membership?

Any G&GRers going to the pre season meet and greet in the Hard Rock tomorrow?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Buzzing for tonight first game of live rugby since the Wallabies Saffas in Perth, the less said about those 80 minutes the better! Membership card hasn't arrived yet though I assume I'll be ok with some id and a receipt for the membership?

Any G&GRers going to the pre season meet and greet in the Hard Rock tomorrow?

You should have received an email from the Tahs this week about memberships cards. Bring a copy of that or the tax invoice for your 2013 membership to the SFS to get in.

I plan to get out to the Pre-season party tomorrow night. Apparently, you can only get in if you registered and bring along a copy of the e-ticket which I haven't received yet.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
You should have received an email from the Tahs this week about memberships cards. Bring a copy of that or the tax invoice for your 2013 membership to the SFS to get in.

I plan to get out to the Pre-season party tomorrow night. Apparently, you can only get in if you registered and bring along a copy of the e-ticket which I haven't received yet.

Cheers, my bloody junk mail folder had filtered these away!

I got the e-ticket a few days after I registered, maybe give the membership guys a call and they can sort you out for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.