• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
2012 is going to be a fine vintage in the niggle department. We're currently in that stage where the tahs look set to win the comp easily with their mature squad of proven quality players.

I can see it now:

"Those young hooligans from north of the border with their mastering of basic skills and a risky game plan are nothing but pretenders. Now lets practice collapsing the scrum for 10 minutes to kill the spectacle - that ones a proven winner with the fans."

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
"Those young hooligans from north of the border with their mastering of basic skills and a risky game plan are nothing but pretenders. Now lets practice collapsing the scrum for 10 minutes to kill the spectacle - that ones a proven winner with the fans."

Well according to the ref you collapsed the scrum... hence the yellow card to Daley that never came. Also, why would we want to be winning fans while playing an away game? I think we won a few fans when we played the Reds at home. Need I remind you of the score?

T

TOCC

Well according to the ref you collapsed the scrum... hence the yellow card to Daley that never came. Also, why would we want to be winning fans while playing an away game? I think we won a few fans when we played the Reds at home. Need I remind you of the score?

a little thing called TV broadcast

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
2012 is going to be a fine vintage in the niggle department. We're currently in that stage where the tahs look set to win the comp easily with their mature squad of proven quality players.

I can see it now:

It always amazes me how. Far QLDers will go to claim underdog tags. Were taking up NSW in a NSW thread, your trolling, I could only imagine my fate if the roles where reversed.

My mainhope for the new season during Tahs v reds games is that the reds learn how to scrummage and that the refs crack down on the reds illegal breakdown play.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Im a bit apprehensive about front row in this squad - seems a bit light on, particularly props. If Ben Robbo gets injured, we will get shunted all over the park

This is absolutely true. The starting team of Robinson, TPN and Kepu could be the equal of the Crusader front row and better than all the rest. Against that, Robinson's injury will see him having a shortened pre-season too. But it falls away very quickly after that. Ryan and Tilse were very ordinary scrummagers towards the end of the last Shute season. However Tilse has been ordinary in Shute and stepped up hugely in Tah colours before. Ryan needs another huge season in the gym as he is still very young, I have high hopes for him in two or three years time. Time he gave that Uni equipment a real lashing Bruce. Taukeiaho has had some good wraps, particularly at the end of 2010. But we will desperately miss Palmer now Baxter has retired; I still don't know why he went down the road (and downhill career-wise) when the Fuse was so close to retirement. Life goes on.... but if injuries strike the front row again I, for one, will be very nervous. Sio's gone down the road too and he might have been anything for us.

I reckon TPN, Fitzy and Ulugia are close to as good as it gets at Super level, I'm not too worried there.

The squad does look really strong in most areas, but given the role injuries played last year the props are one area that leaves me distinctly nervous.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
My mainhope for the new season during Tahs v reds games is that the reds learn how to scrummage and that the refs crack down on the reds illegal breakdown play.

My main hope is that NSW realise they have a QLDer coaching and QLD have a NSWelshman coaching. I am open to a swap, how about you guys? ;)

Yeah, well, I spoke to some of the Reds boys about that and their response was "nuh uh!"

Always disappointing to see someone with "Senior Member" below their name resort to trolling.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Christ, don't be so precious. It was merely a lighthearted response to your NSW player chat comment. I would've thought that was clear.

U

Utility Back

It always amazes me how. Far QLDers will go to claim underdog tags. Were taking up NSW in a NSW thread, your trolling, I could only imagine my fate if the roles where reversed.

You sound like a South African after Sunday (Fishing Symbol)

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.